“Nice boutique hotel but noisy room”
Review of Casa Cupula

Casa Cupula
Ranked #5 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed 3 September 2014

The hotel itself is nice and secluded. we stayed in room 302 which is large and has its own balcony but we could hear the noise from the restaurant from the bathroom ventilation system. also the window has very thin glass therefore we could hear people getting ice from the machine and going up and down the stairs. also the room key kept on being demagnetized and one night we could not go back in. lastly there was construction in some rooms and it was very noisy around the pool.
the staff is very friendly and nice , the upstairs pool has an incredible view and the gym is large and well equipped. the check out was not smooth as it was on the day the reception had moved because they started painting in the entrance area.

3  Thank sebaillet
optionsf, Owner at Casa Cupula, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2014

The guest was actually in room 202, which is a Deluxe King room, not room 302 which is our Milagro Suite. As part of our summer work we are further soundproofing that room to eliminate any issues which should be complete by October.

Apparently there was a problem with the locking system which has been fixed. We are sorry for any inconvenience!

We are currently offering special low rates for September as we are renovating our Cupula Suite into two brand new Vista Rooms...the work will be done by October.

Reviewed 2 September 2014

We have been to Casa Cupula during the winter High season several times, but our most recent trip was in July, when Puerto Vallarta slows down a bit, and the weather turns more showery. The restaurant, Taste, scales back their hours during summer, but otherwise the hotel offers the very same services, with all the same smiling faces as you are apt to see the rest of the year. Prices are also lower, which is nice.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank barbqbill
Reviewed 29 August 2014

The airline lost my luggage going to Vallarta, when I told the front desk what had happened they went above and beyond assisting me with getting my luggage back. Everyone at the reception desk, as well as, the concierge called and inquired throughout the days it was missing until it finally arrived....the day before I was returning home. Excellent service and hospitality--thanks guys (and gals)! My room was nice, was a bit dated and could use for some new paint and furniture but still was comfortable with a great view. I had my reservations about it being located up a hill but it's hardly that bad of a hike and if you find it to be, there are taxi's everywhere. I love the proximity to beach...it's a straight shot down from the hotel to the gay beach (green and blue chairs/Playa los Muertos); to the bars and gay area it's a 15-20 min walk or few min by taxi.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Ruben1313
Reviewed 25 August 2014

My partner and I planned our vacation six months ago and decided on PV, especially for the gay community. During research, Casa Cupula came up time and time again as the best GLBT luxury hotel, and we confirm; it certainly is.The location is perfect; an easy walk to pretty much all that you need and taxis are everywhere. Nevertheless, it is secluded enough to provide you with comfortable sense of privacy and scenery. The other guests were all friendly and inviting.

We stayed August 8th through the 16th, and had no problems with the weather. It was the off-season, which was nice for us traveling as a couple on a "romantic" vacation. We found that the best perk about this time is that you get to spend more time with the staff. I cannot express how sweet and helpful everyone was We were greeted by Joey, the concierge, who by the end of our vacation, we thought of as a friend. Joey would personally escort us on our excursions and he was never without a smile. He was honestly, that nice. Another shout out goes to Pancho at Taste. Pancho was my bartender and host for the Friday party, Pancho serves great drinks, and is an excellent resource on the activities and nightlife. Ferando, Armando, Victor and the others at Taste were equally as friendly and helpful. Cheers to Jesus and Edwin at the office.

Anyone can build a luxury hotel, but it's the staff who really make things happen. Thank you all. Keep doing what you're doing -- it's working!

Chris and Eddie

3  Thank Christopher N
Reviewed 20 August 2014

My partner and I had a delightful time at Casa Cupula! We stayed in the Penthouse Suite, which was absolutely stunning from the decor to the rooftop deck with a private plunge pool. In addition, the bed was like sleeping on a cloud and the view of Puerto Vallarta can only be called beautiful! From the moment we arrived each and every member of the staff was beyond helpful, responsive, and informative. We topped it off by celebrating a birthday with a private romantic dinner on our terrace from the restaurant Taste. Not only was the food delicious, but the attentive service of the waiter Juan made our special occasion all the more special. A giant thank you to all of the staff members and to Don the owner for making our stay divine. We highly recommend staying here and in the Penthouse Suite!!!

3  Thank The_Jeza_Belle
Reviewed 20 August 2014

What a great place to stay in PV. Beautiful rooms, great views, wonderful food, amazing staff but oh too many stairs! You really need an elevator boys, I stayed the first 4 nights at the Casa Cupula Suite which was nice but more stairs up to the bedroom. Last 4 nights was in the Penthouse Suite and I could have stayed here forever. The private pool is my favourite spot.

Room Tip: Penthouse Suite is the best
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank BrianC5
Reviewed 19 August 2014

First We stayed at Casa Cupula from Aug 13-17,2014. Second I want to give a big Thank You to everyone at Casa Cupula!! We had the best time! From the time we stepped off the plane to our check in and our check out it was fantastic! We stayed in the Milagro Suite room 302 and it was nothing but fantastic! The room was clean beautifully decorated and the views were amazing! The infinity pool was excellent. The gym was fully equipped and clean! Taste restaurant was beautifully decorated and the food was excellent! Joey greeted us with our first names which we all thought was warming. Excellent!! I didn't have time to thank everyone so here it goes, Thank you Joey and Logan for being amazing! Thank you Fernando and Victor, for the fantastic dinner you prepared! To the housekeepers to the maintenance crew you were fantastic and went above and beyond! Thank you Don for being so warm and welcoming! Edwin for answering all our questions! Pancho, Armando, and everyone else at Taste, Thank You! I'm sure I am missing others and I want to apologize. This trip was amazing! I will definitely recommend Casa Cupula to all my friends. We are already planning on returning in March! Again thank you Casa Cupula!!

Steve and Juan