“a dream come true”
Review of Villa Mia

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Villa Mia
Reviewed 31 July 2007

My husband and I found Villa Mia thru the internet in spring 2007, we were looking for a magical place to get married in May and that when we saw it, we just knew we had found the perfect place, however, we had no idea how perfect.
Vanina (the owner) took impeccable care of us and planned our whole wedding, with so much care and so much attention to detail. The guests (our families) were so impressed with the food that was served and the staff attention as well.
The views of the house are fantastic and each bedroom is beautifully decorated in an original style. Overall the house was very clean and it was just a dream to seat at the terrace and dream away..........
Our wedding turned out to be absolutely beautiful and every guest had tears in their eyes because of the combination of the ocean and the beautiful flute music that Vanina hired for the ceremony while we told our vows to eachother.
A true dream that turned into reality. Gracias Vanina!!! and your wonderful staff.

Stayed: May 2007
1  Thank meritxellina

Reviewed 4 June 2007

If you are looking for a perfectly magical, once in a lifetime experience, you've got to go to Villa Mia! As mother of the bride, we began planning our event a year in advance. We did it all by e-mail. Vanina always answered every question we had within 24 hours. She did all the wedding planning, as well as arranging the meals and transportation. A few months before the wedding I became very concerned when I found out I had numerous food allergies. I shouldn't have worried...Vanina simply took my list and worked with the cooks to make a separate menu!

When we arrived at the villa, we were overcome with the breathtaking beauty of the place. The views were magnificent and not a detail was overlooked in the design of the villa itself. It is truly an organic work of art. we kept wandering around finding new details to admire. There are 15 bedrooms, all with their own unique character and charm. There are also 2 beautiful Palapa bars, a great kitchen and large common areas. Each of our arriving guests had the same reaction, and they kept thanking me over and over for finding the place and making it possible for them to stay.

The staff was amazing. They welcomed us, introduced us to everyone, and Antonio grabbed our bags and hauled them to our room. Then Julian gave us a tour, and brought out a white board so we could assign rooms to our guests. They waited on us hand and foot, and promptly handled every request, including picking up diapers in town for the babies. Every morning they were out cleaning the pool, sweeping and preparing food before we were even awake. The place was clean enough to walk around barefoot and not have anything stick to your feet, inspite of the fact that the villa is totally open and mostly outdoors and situated in a jungle setting.

Julian worked the pinata that we had requested for my son's birthday, which was the day before the wedding. It was great fun to watch my 26 year old son whacking blindfolded at the plants after being spun around 26 times!

The wedding was glorious...perfect in every respect. Some of the guests commented that they had never seen a mother of the bride so relaxed on the wedding day...we were splashing about in the pool just hours before the event!

I could go on and on...you will just have to experience it for yourself. We are already scheming about how to get back to Villa Mia.

As for the negative review that the Brooklyn gal wrote...hopefully someday she will mature enough to realize that if that is the experience she truly had, it is the one that she created for herself.

If you would like to talk to me personally for further information, ask Vanina for my contact information.

Mother of the May 19, 2007 bride

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled on business
2  Thank jayteehu
Reviewed 29 May 2007

When we decided to have our wedding in P.V. it was a bit scary, we had never been there, and we had alot of guests coming (40+). When we found Villa Mia we just new instictively that it was the place for us. We contacted Vanina and were put in touch with previous guests. Everyone had glowing reviews! We booked within the week.
Working with Vanina to plan my wedding was incredibly easy, she took care of every detail. I gave total control to her, and I was impressed with everything. The flowers were beautiful, the cake was delicious, and the sunset was breathtaking. She even conspired with my mom to surprise us with a Mariatchi band, it was the highlight of the night!
From the moment we stepped inside the Villa, we new we were entering a place that few get to experience. It was like stepping into a place of magic, a fairy tale. I felt like a princess, the way a bride should feel. The staff was superb, they were friendly, competent, and treated us like royalty. The meals were decadent, there was so much food everyday! I was thankful to see leftovers at lunchtime, I would hate to see so much good food go to waste.
My new husband looked at me once during our stay and said, "Julian is my God." I think that sums up our lead waiter perfectly. He was there for us at all times, he new what we liked to drink, and he anticipated our every desire. All of our guests loved him! All the staff worked hard to make our stay pleasant, but they instead made it perfect. I cannot imagine a better place to get married and spend time with loved ones. It will be a place that is talked about for years, at every family get together.
We cant wait to go back!

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank SeattlePrincessbride
Reviewed 15 May 2007

I had the opportunity to have my dream wedding in this fabulous paradise!! It was amazing from start to finish. We were treated like royalty, waited on hand and foot. The entire staff was incredible!!! I couldn't have imagined a place like this to have my wedding. I fell in love with Villa Mia from their website before ever being in Mexico. Once we arrived....it fulfilled all my expectations, dreams, and more!!! It was amazing!! The staff was so wonderful and did everything to make things perfect. I would highly recommend going to Villa Mia with no hesitations. I was outraged when I read the review from Brooklyn and think maybe they stayed at an entirely different place. Villa Mia was a dream paradise and more than I could have ever asked for!!! All my dreams came true for 5 days at Villa Mia!!!

2  Thank happilywed
Reviewed 14 May 2007

We just got back from our brother's wedding at Villa Mia. It was beautiful - set in a cliff side with a gorgeous view of the bay. Nightly fireworks from across the bay were an added delight. The rooms are all unique and have a very open feel and great views. They are all air conditioned, but the ocean breeze is very nice as well. Also, each bedroom has it's own bathroom and shower. As you walk down into the villa, you walk into a beautiful open air living space - on this level is a bar and dining room and also a den type room (with satellite TV and small library). There is also a bedroom on this level. Upstairs is a massive master suite with a tree growing in the room right up through the ceiling and an outdoor jacuzzi tub. The first level downstairs has several suites overlooking the ocean. The movie room is on this floor - it was perfect for our daughter to relax and watch some movies; a quiet and cool escape.

Down another level is the pool and bar and a great patio, and below that is a great hot tub and stairs going down to a small ocean wading pool. We spent most of our days by the pool with Julian and Jose and the other staff getting drinks for us and serving us lunch there. We were completely spoiled! We stayed in the small villa that is located adjacent to the pool area. This villa has three separate rooms. For us, this was perfect, since we had a smaller child (4 years old) - we didn't have to climb stairs everytime she wanted to go to the pool or back to the room.

The staff at Villa Mia deserves 5 stars! I can't stress that enough! Everyone was very nice to us and catered to our every need and desire. Every meal was superb - and they were very helpful when our little girl got hungry between meal times. They would make her anything she wanted. Julian was very helpful in directing us on how to get into town (55 cents to take the bus to town - well worth the adventure!) and gave us tips on places to go, what to do, etc. I can't say enough about the staff - they were so wonderful- by the end of the trip, they were like family to us.

The wedding was superb - the photographer, the harpist, the videographer were all extremely professional and did a great job. The food and cake were delicious. And the setting couldn't have been more beautiful. The pictures on the rocks with the sunset over the ocean....what more can you say?!

Our trip to Villa Mia was excellent - I would highly, highly recommend this to anyone wanting to celebrate with many friends. It's a perfect setting to enjoy a great time with all your friends staying in the same private location.

Thank you to everyone at Villa Mia - our vacation was outstanding, thanks to you all!!!

• Stayed: May 2007
3  Thank mtngrrl
Reviewed 17 April 2007

i went to visit this location recently gave a review on VIlla mia in puerto vallarta and i have to say that my opinion has changed after my event. this 15 bedroom villa was dirty, most rooms smelled like sewer because of where they were built (next to the neighbors sewer) the showers had no pressure we were served leftovers from dinner instead of fresh food for lunch, none of the help were friendly at all. every request we had was given with a roll of the eyes or a huff and puff. we rented this 15 bedroom villa for 5 days and paid a lot of money for a 2star faciltiy. nothing is included in that nightly price, just the beds if your lucky. my masterbedroom was infested with small ants all around it, and when we adressed it we were told, it is a jungle villa and nature is all around. I apologize to anyone who took my advice i gave for just looking at the place. yes it exists but it is wayyyyyyyyyyy over priced. this was my wedding and i walked out of the villa crying and wishing we never stayed there. DONT RENT THIS VILLA YOU WILL ONLY CRY LIKE ME. i know others may have been happy but im telling you FIRST HAND it was leftovers for lunch, smelly sewer bedrooms, not enough help for 30 people. they only had 2 waiters for 30 people, we had to pay an additional $700 to get 2 extra men to wait on the guests. no room service, no laundry service, no "Movie room" like they claim. the movie room is a twin bed sized room with a bunch of pillows thrown around and a prjection screen not a movie screen. you can barely fit 6 inside. the children's playground is an accident waiting to happen, never cleaned and very rocky. the toilets had yellow rings around them, and when i addressed the maid it was ignored. Remember one thing when reading this, i was in love in love with this place when i went in november to see if it really existed and make wedding arrangements. but to stay as a guest and pay that amount, its just not worth it. i do recommend having a wedding there, the people you hire are great, and that is what makes the difference.....you get to have different people and different cooks, and different treatment. please feel free to contact me regarding my stay. the owner is aware of my unhappiness and when i told her that i was going to put this all on trip advisor i was told "do what you have to do" i guess they dont realize americans do trust trip advisor and do take our own comments into suggestion, but this isnt for americans only, this is for ANYONE who wants to stay there.....its not even worth 2 stars.....the place is huge and so much potential, but the help is a dissapointment. ps when we arrived the amount of money that we gave for food and drinks was already spent and we had to dish out an additional $4000 FOR LEFTOVERS AT LUNCH??? this is what i am saying....they are greedy and they say they will give you the reciepts but the reciepts were all hand written on the same letterhead! the place charges you for "CHARCOAL" something that should be a given, like electricity and water.

• Stayed: April 2007
Reviewed 10 March 2007

Villa Mia is a wonderful place. The villa is beautiful. The staff is wonderful and pampering. The food was outstanding. We had a perfect four day party for 26 friends and relatives. During our stay, Julian arranged for masseuses, manicures and pedicures, mariachi band, dj, fireworks, anything our hearts desired. The rooms, views, pool are spectacular. Sandra is a talented chef. The grounds are lovely. Since Villa Mia is on 6 levels and built into a cliff, there is a lot of up and down on rather steep stairways, not well-railed in every case. So some older and less fit guests might find it a bit challenging. But, with that small caveat, we can recommend Villa Mia enthusiastically.

Stayed: March 2007
3  Thank oldmel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Vallarta
Hotelito Mio
Hotelito Mio
#1 of 1 in Cabo Corrientes
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa
Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & ...
#13 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
#79 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
Hotel Mousai
Hotel Mousai
#4 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta

Been to Villa Mia? Share your experiences!