Hacienda Alemana
Hotel Frankfurt(Puerto Vallarta)
Lina Hotel(Puerto Vallarta)
Hotel Hortencia(Puerto Vallarta)
View Hotel
Cartagena de Indias Hotel(Puerto Vallarta)
  • Pool
Hotel Villa Del Mar(Puerto Vallarta)
  • Bar/Lounge
Estancia San Carlos(Puerto Vallarta)
View Hotel
Hotel Posada de Roger(Puerto Vallarta)
Hotel Belmar(Puerto Vallarta)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgerman restaurantzona romanticagreat german foodromantic zoneattached restaurantnice breakfastother guestsshort walk to the beachmexican breakfastsmall hotelcomplimentary breakfastboutique hotelyogurteach morningmini fridgebeautiful propertyjunior suite
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Hacienda Alemana is as good as everyone says.

1. Location is terrific, less than 10-minutes easy walk down the main pedestrian street in the Old Town. Lots of fun shops, cafes, restaurants and bars. There are a bunch of art galleries just a few blocks away. With a bit more energy, you can walk up the hill into more residential neighborhoods. We liked mornings at the bakery, snacks at the food stands, and drinks at any number of places, not least of which is the beer garden and restaurant on site. Hard to think of a better place for a nightcap after a stroll along the water. We really liked passing the taxi stand at night, from which plenty of folks were returning to the hotel zone, knowing we had a two-minute walk to the room.

2. Inn is great. Rooms are plenty spacious, well-decorated. Our suite had a kitchen, including stocked fridge, living room and bedroom. The pool area is peaceful, lots of potted palms. Internet was fast the whole time we were there. Nice place to start the day with homemade breakfasts.

3. It was fun talking with the other guests, no pressure to mingle but seemed to be natural. Interesting mix, mostly couples. Most were return visitors to Hacienda, which says more than anything I can write about what a great place this is. Yet another benefit to staying here: no bad people claiming chairs for the day with towels laid down at dawn.

4. For the beach, we either hung out in a couple public areas, or paid a day fee to one of the resorts for chairs, umbrella and drinks. Very easy, and then a quick retreat to Hacienda.

5. Irma and Tatiana are the best hosts. Really, the entire staff is super-friendly. They offered great tips on anything we asked about, including a really sweet barber just a couple blocks from the inn. Tatiana served as the driver and guide on an all-day trip into the mountains that would have been the highlight of our trip, except the time we spent in town was so good that we're hard pressed to say one day was better than another. We love that Hacienda is family-owned.

6. We can't say "this is the best place in PV" because we didn't stay anywhere else. We saw the hotel zone, and are glad we stayed in the Old Town. Numbers (often) don't lie, so no question the big resorts appeal to lots of people. So it's silly to say "go here, and you're making a mistake if you don't." But I can say (i) we were very happy with our choice, (ii) we were a little sad when Tatiana showed us the bus stop for our trip to San Pancho, and (iii) we'll be back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John177
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed in Hacienda Alemana for 11 nights. The accommodation an hospitality is excellent. The rooms are very tasteful, very clean and spacious. This was the perfect way to end 5 months of travelling before heading back home to Melbourne. The rooms are beautifully appointed with lots of attention to detail. The breakfasts are delicious. I did not have the same breakfast once in all 11 days that I stayed here. Delicious Mexican speciality dishes were served for breakfast on a number of occasions. Good coffee and fresh orange juice are also served. Tatyana is an excellent host and tour guide, and she made me feel at home here. I booked a 1 day tour into the mountains with Tatyana, which was one of the best tours that I have done during my 5 months of travelling. The tour felt personalised, unrushed and away from the tourist traps. I had 2 meals at the German restaurant attached to the Hacienda, which were also excellent. All if the staff employed at the Hacienda are friendly and polite. The location of the Hacienda is perfect for exploring Puerto Vallarta. There are numerous restaurants, shops, bars, nightclubs, etc, in the immediate vicinity. The beach is only a 5 minute stroll away. The gym that guests can use is very well equipped and very clean. I would definitely stay in Hacienda Alemana again and I will recommend it to all if my Australian friends, and to my friends an family in the UK. Thanks for a great 11 day stay!! :))

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 March 2014

buzzfeed recently posted 13-reasons-the-only-place-to-go-on-vacation-is-mexico; I strongly feel I want to add 10 reasons to choose Hacienda Alemana for your stay

1. Because the innkeeper is German and for a native German living in the US this was a major attraction

2. The innkeepers lovely wife Irma, always smiling daughter Tatjana and very friendly son Oliver are serving you a delicious home cooked breakfast which was different every day during my 2 week stay.

3. Breakfast at the pool with other guests is always entertaining

4. There is also a restaurant with a Bavarian beer garden and original German food – can’t be anything wrong about that.

5. Spacious rooms with a contemporary style and a little Mexican touch. All amenities you can think off are there (TV, free Internet access, stocked fridge, safe, high quality toiletries, etc.)

6. A bottle of Champagne as a welcome (but that might only be for longer staying guests)

7. The rooms are kept immaculately clean and a friendly staff takes care of you.

8. The inn provides you with a pass to Yoga or a close by Gym. Don’t miss Paul Carrigan the Yoga teacher, he teaches gentle Yoga every other day and introduce yourself to David Garcia at the Aqua Spa and Gym

9. You can also sign up for private tours, let by Tatjana – did I mention she speaks Spanisch, English, German and Russian!

10. Blue skies and great weather let’s you forget the terrible winter weather in New England

Room Tip: Sleep quality might be my own problem - I like hard mattresses, but the one in my room was a bit too hard
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Reinhold M
Reviewed 5 March 2014

My Wife and I have been to Mexico many many times. We love old town PV. The Hacienda Alemana ticks all of our boxes.
#1 in Trip Advisor for a reason.
Great customer service from all staff.
Spotlessly clean
Good Breakfast included in price.
Safe and Secure
An air conditioner that is very good and quiet.
Breakfast area is a great way to start the day and meet new interesting people from around the world.
Basillio Badillio is the main street in the heart of old town.

A few suggestions to help them keep # 1 ranking;
Bath towels, Bed linens and pillows are nearing the end of their shelf life....in our room.
There needs to be a way to make the pool area a little more welcoming.

All in all a very good week.
Go ahead and book it with confidence.
Life is Good!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LarryG
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Tatyana, her mother, and the rest of the staff were fantastic hosts for our weeks stay. My wife and I enjoyed the breakfasts by the pool, met other nice guests, and even a private whale watching excursion. Our room was on the top floor and was very nice. We always had the slider open to the outside so it was quite noisy as it is located on a main bus route. But it is in a great location in the older part of town and we learned how handy it was to be on a bus route where you could go anywhere for a mere 8 pesos.

Room Tip: Rooms on the South side are quieter
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple