“Oustanding stay in Puerta Vallarta”
Review of Hacienda Alemana

Hacienda Alemana
chicago il
“Oustanding stay in Puerta Vallarta”
Reviewed 4 February 2010

We stayed for 5 days at Hacienda Alemana and the information on trip advisor was dead on.
We had a great time and Mike the owner and his wife made sure we were very comfortable.
I had called ahead and ordered flowers and champagne for the room and not only were my expectations were met and exceeded. The food at the resteraunt can be summed up in one
word....delicious. And try the buffet on wed or sat. It was a large variety of great food at a great price. We plan to return to PV and when we do we will definitely be staying here.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
San Francisco
Reviewed 17 January 2010

When booking my trip for Puerto Vallarta, I was initially struggling to find a hotel that looked comfortable, had room availability, and was affordable. Fortunately, I stumbled on Hacienda Alemana through tripadvisor which is highly rated. Sure enough, when booking the room, I had a good feeling right off the bat. Talking to the proprietor Mike on the phone, he sounded very genuine and extremely helpful, and he offered to pick us up from the airport since we were staying at the hotel for more than 3 nights.

When we arrived and finally made it out of customs, he was patiently waiting for us. Having come off of a 4 hour flight and having never been to PV before, it was perfect to have this extra service, especially given all of the taxi folks hassling travellers right as they exit the airport. The room itself was gorgeous and one of the most comfortable accommodations I have experienced. The room's design was chic, the room was very clean, the bed was comfy, there was a TV with good channel selection, and the room had a calm balcony facing a serene garden courtyard. Mike personally made sure we were settled in and gave us advice on how to get around and what to do in PV.

The hotel has an attached restaurant that serves very nice German food, and the daily free breakfast is at a secondary, beach-side restaurant which is also owned by Mike. The breakfast menu is extensive -- not some small cheap breakfast that one gets at many hotels -- and the seaside seating is perfect. The hotel is not on the beach, but that was a plus in my view. It's a few blocks away (10-15 min walk) and allows one to experience parts of PV when going to and from the hotel. Also it's a bit more quiet than if one were in the middle of the hustle and bustle of the beach / pier. Generally the location of the hotel is great and it's near a lot of good bars and restaurants.

One last plug for this hotel's exemplary service: I lost my keys (car key, office keys, house keys) at airport security when leaving PV. Mike, without hesitation, offered to pick up my keys from the airport and arrange to have them sent back to me in the US. I had them back in less than a week. For anyone who has experienced the inconvenience of losing their keys, you can appreciate what a great service this was on his behalf.

Next time you are in PV, check out Hacienda Alemana. It's an amazing place to stay.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
Prince George, British Columbia
Reviewed 5 January 2010

My husband and I recently spent a delightful ten days in this lovely establishment. Being met at the airport by Mike's good friend from England holding the sign "Hacienda Alemana" started off our vacation in a most relaxing and congenial way. There we were in the heart of the Romantic Zone in a very clean and beautifully decorated room with all of the comforts of home. We enjoyed the famous German buffet at Mike's restaurant one evening, and you shouldn't miss the opportunity. The location is about a five-minute walk to the beach and is right on the bus line, so we were able to access various tours and activities easily and cheaply. If you are going to Puerto Vallarta, you can't go wrong with a stay at this lovely hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 29 December 2009

I just returned from Puerto Vallarta, where I went for the first time with my boyfriend. I was more than pleasantly surprised when Mike, the owner of Hacienda Alemana, personally came to pick us up from the airport and took us to his beautiful bed and breakfast in Zona Romantica in PV. I consider myself a seasoned traveler, and can say with confidence that Hacienda Alemana is one of the most well-kept and fine-tuned places I have stayed in outside of the U.S. The rooms are immaculate, and the attention to detail is noteworthy, especially the interior design and amenities--everything is well-thought out and executed with refined subtlety. Mike showed us around, told us all of the services, and helped us when we needed it. If you have never been to PV before, get ready to be inundated with people soliciting you on every corner and especially on the beaches where all the tourists are. Staying at HA was such a nice reprieve from the onslaught of solicitation; it's quiet, just distant enough from the touristy areas (but within a very reasonable walking distance from the Playa de los Muertos), and peaceful. My boyfriend and I commented while having dinner at the hotel restaurant that we felt like we were in an oasis while at the HA. I have to say the rooms are an amazing deal; they are so well-kept and are a great value for the price (breakfast was also included in the price). We walked down to the beach where the hotel's other restaurant is located, and had a beautiful breakfast every morning. No hassles, no confusion. We were fully relaxed. The wait staff is outstandingly friendly and attentive; whenever we had questions about what to do or where to go, they were immediately helpful. We also dined at the hotel restaurant and were both very pleased with the menu and, again, the attention to detail in the making and serving of the food. Overall, we had an amazing time, in large part because of our stay at HA. I highly recommend eating and/or staying at this fine bed and breakfast.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Leon, Gto
Reviewed 2 November 2009

A fascinating small hotel built with style by its owner Mike, who also is the chief cook of the restaurant with international cuisine and german specialities. He himself guarantees for a perfect service in a great and friendly environment.
The hotel doesn`t have a seaside view, but the beach is only 5 small blocks away in the best renovated zone of old Puerto Vallarta. Walking the 5 minutes to the beach, you find the seafood restaurant managed by MIke`s wife, where you take your included breakfast or have some rich seafood at any time.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
wisconsin
Reviewed 29 October 2009

A tear came to my eye as mike took me to the airport after a 2 week stay at this special property and fantastic city. The rooms, staff and imaculate grounds made my stay one I will long remember. Every aspect of my stay exceeded my expectations. I will soon be contacting mike to arrange a return visit..

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
Austin, TX
Reviewed 11 August 2009

We usually stay at small hotels and it was not an exception this time.... Mike, the owner, picked us up at the PVR late at night. When we got to the hotel he greeted us with cold drinks and answered all our questions we had about the area. We were very supprised by our room - it was exeptionally designed and built with high quality materials (it was cool to step on the pebbles in front of the shower ....) We would like to thank Mike and Irma for being so friendly and helpful. We spent a wonderful weekend at Hacienda Alemana!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple