“Will certainly be back...!”

Joe Jack's Fish Shack
Ranked #37 of 1,020 Restaurants in Puerto Vallarta
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Fun, casual place with an obvious emphasis on seafood and an eclectic mix of great cocktails.
SF
“Will certainly be back...!”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Great food and atmosphere. Friendly staff and good drinks. All to a very fair price. The side orders were super yummy (string beans and carrots). Cerviche super fresh and great taste. Mac and cheese for the kids absolutely to die for. I almost had half of it myself :)

Margaritas absolutely fabulous. Even the beans and rice had super nice extra kick. Fresh smoothies for the kids were great. Octopus ala plancha was fabulous.

Will certainly be back here.

• Visited August 2014

San Diego
“Just Love This Place!!! Excellent! A Must Do!”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

It has become a tradition that our first meal in PV is at Joe Jack's Fish Shack. We just love this place and it keeps us coming back. Sometimes we go more than once during a week.

We love to sit upstairs on the open patio. Enjoy their refreshing mojitos (which are on HH special) and now we typically order the fresh whole red snapper that is caught that day. It is such an excellent dish. Had it again last week and it was amazing. The dish comes with beans that are tasty as well. Like the jicama, radish and cucumbers that are served to every dinner. The fish tacos are excellent as well.

The food is good, especially if you like seafood. Always seems reliable. The service is always good as well. The bartendar is great. I'm sorry that I don't remember the name of our last waitress, but she was very good.

The atmosphere is fun and casual. The actual bar itself is a bit small, not a lot of seats. Come earlier if you want one during HH.

Overall - great food and great value.

• Visited August 2014
Minneapolis
“Loved it once; disappointed second time”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Had fish and chips here in March, 2013 and it was sooo good, I put the restaurant on my 'must eat here again!' list for the following year's trip. I craved that fabulous fish and couldn't wait to treat myself to it again
After raving about this place repeatedly, my trip mates were finally talked into visiting during the second week of our March, 2014 trip.

It wasn't a great meal. I was incredibly disappointed in the fish, as were my three fellow travelers. The fish was mushy under the crispy coating. Coleslaw was good. Ambiance was delightful. French fries okay. But we paid about the same price we'd paid for a superb ('fancy') meal just across the street the night before. With all of the great culinary choices in Puerto Vallarta, this one (sadly) has dropped off my list. True--only two visits total, so maybe it was just an off night for the chef.

• Visited March 2014
“Always good”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Always a reliable stop for the shrimp tostadas - great fresh food and happy service - at a good price

Visited August 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Fantastic Lunch”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We were pleasantly surprised with our lunch when we stopped in during our PV stay in early June. Everything we ordered was excellent. Ceviche was perfect. We ordered a sampler of 3 ceviches. We wanted to try a salted cod dish they had (salted cod brings back memories from my new england childhood). There just were too many great looking things on the menu. We'll try the cod next time. Nice Marguerita too. We'll be back next tirp.

• Visited June 2014