“Nice Hotel directly at the Beach”
Review of Hotel Suites Nadia

Hotel Suites Nadia
Ranked #69 of 123 Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Reviewed 29 November 2013

travelled first time to PV and found this
nice little hotel (12 rooms) directly at the beach, some suites have a balkony.
Fully equipped kitchen, very clean and freshly renovated rooms in
a cool, modern style.
Very friendly staff, especially Sr. Ramon being responsible for breakfast on the roof terrace with spectacular view.Also pool and jacuzzi on the rooftop.Spectacular !
Beach bar is close to the hotel, but no noise after 22 o'clock, only a few minutes to the boardwalk and
the old city of PV, restaurants and supermarket close by.
Taxi from airport is approx. 190 (airport-Hotel) and 100 (hotel-airport)
A good place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 27 November 2013

we wish this hotel had an affordable monthly , we are canadian snowbirds who would like to stay for 4 months, but not at 100 per nite it is difficullt to find a place with location, clean, and with out mold or smell

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank carrybee
Reviewed 11 November 2013

clean comfy… nice staff. this is our third year (coming up) that we will go to PV, and stay at this hotel. same hotel, same room. the pool & roof top view are excellent. you really feel like you're in heaven, sitting on the balcony, having your continental breakfast. it's within walking distance of most things. when we go there, that's where we stay…

Room Tip: we get the same room each time, we build our trip around the room. top floor, south side. the sun...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank phil397
Jose Luis C, Gerente at Hotel Suites Nadia, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Hello Phil:

Thank you so very much for taking the time to write about your experiences at Hotel Suites Nadia. I would like to take advantage of this opportunity to inform you that we are taking the necessary steps to add to our breakfast menu.

Starting December 1st, we will be serving full American breakfast, which will allow our guest to choose whatever they feel like having for breakfast. Also, we already added to our menu the option to have waffles and so far all of the guests that have eaten them have expressed how delicious they are!

Again, we thank you for your frequent visits to our hotel and we certainly look forward to seeing you again soon. In the meantime, I will convey your message to our staff, I am sure they will like to know that you enjoy their service.

Best regards and thanks again.

José Luis Casillas Urrutia.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel in early August 2013. I ended up staying here just for one night because I already had a reservation at an all inclusive resort in Nuevo Vallarta, but I wanted to head down to the beach a couple of days earlier.

********************************************************************************************
PROS:

I arrived on an early AM flight and since the check out wasn't until early afternoon I had already mentally prepared myself to store my luggage at the hotel and just sight see around Puerto Vallarta. I called and to my surprise there was a room available and they allowed me to check in right away (major plus for me!).Both the morning and afternoon gentlemen in reception were more than accommodating and willing to answer any and all questions as well as make recommendations. They all spoke very good English, which didn't make a huge difference for me because I speak Spanish but I'm sure any non-Spanish speaking travelers would definitely appreciate this.

I stayed on the second floor (I don't recall the exact room but it was the one furthest from the street). The room itself was just the right size for me. There was a queen size bed and there were two mini splits (air conditioners) inside the unit. One was in the seating/kitchen area and the other was in the bedroom. One was more than enough to make the whole unit cold, so I was very pleased. They also provide internet free of cost (sort of... see CONS).

I though the rooftop pool was a really cool feature and the views from there were awesome.

As other travelers have mentioned, literally EVERYTHING is within walking distance. There is a grocery store a block away, a corner store, the malecon, a restaurant half a block away, a myriad of souvenir tourist shops, and of course the beach.

There are two taco stands that set up at night and they serve everything from regular quesadillas and tacos to some made of "ojo"(eye) and "lengua"(tongue).

There is a bus stop, which I didn't use but I heard that the buses came by quite frequently, and there was little to no wait. There was also always a line of taxis parked outside the grocery store a block away, so if I did want to go somewhere I had many choices transportation wise.

CONS:

The internet took close to an hour to get working because the wi-fi is sketchy at best. I requested an ethernet cable to fix the issue but the cables they had weren't very good. I finally got it working with the help of the guy at the front desk.

As some people have mentioned, there were a lot of little bugs in the room. I'm not sure if this was due to the proximity to the beach or the fact that it rains every night during this season. I did not encounter any cockroaches or any large insects but there were small ants visible in the living room and kitchen area. While there weren't any swarms at first, but I made the mistake of leaving a bit of food out and came back to a mound of them devouring my lunch.

Despite the small insect issue and the internet being pretty unreliable, I still enjoyed my stay there. I hope the insect problem is seasonal and not a persistent problem.

As far as the internet issue, it wasn't a huge problem for me, so much as just a small inconvenience because when you're on vacation the last thing you want to do is waste time.

All in all, if I return to Puerto Vallarta I will definitely be looking at this hotel or possibly their sister hotel in Bucerias.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Gabriela B
Jose Luis C, Gerente at Hotel Suites Nadia, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Hello Gaby:

First of all, I want to thank you for the time you took to write about us. It pleases me to read that overall you found our hotel very acceptable during your recent visit to Puerto Vallarta. As you metioned in your comments, our location, as well as the personalized service of our staff, are two of our biggest assets which make our property very attractive.

in respect to the two CONS you metioned: little bugs (smalls ants) and the weak internet, while it is not to be taken as a justification, the fact we are in rainy season atracts these kinds of bugs, even though once a week we fumigate the inside of the each suite as well as the public areas. Yet, I will seek professional help to eliminate the problem. Concerning the internet, I will be asking our outside internet service compay to look into the matter so that we do resolve, once and for all, this particular deficiency.

Gaby, I thank you again for your comments and we certainly look forward to seeing you again at our hotel in a near future. This could be a great opportunity for you to confirm that these two matters have been permanently addressed.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

I really enjoyed this hotel. Perfectly located only a few blocks up the coast from the malecon, it was conveniently located but very quite. I never needed a taxi as I was able to walk anywhere I wanted. Room was beautifully appointed, modern, clean - perfect. And front desk staff were very friendly. I'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: Front facing rooms have view of ocean and beach.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Worldtravelguy
Jose Luis C, Gerente at Hotel Suites Nadia, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2013

Dear Guest:

I do not have much to say, but thank you for taking the time to wrte about us. I will convey your message to our front desk staff, I am sure they will like to know about how you appreciated their work.

Again, thank you and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

When we saw this hotel we thought we had found our place of stay when visiting Vallarta. After the first night the hotel staff blew their chance to keep us for five more nights.

It appeared that the room had not been rented for a while and had collected a lot of dust. We could not take our shoes off because of the sand/dirt. There were 2 giant roaches in the room (one dead, one alive), tiny spiders and ants, and some mosquitoes. Apparently the room had not been checked before our stay. In addition, the room they had was on the first floor with no windows and, although spacious, felt like a basement. (Being on the first floor, you get all the reception noise first thing in the morning.)

Regarding the staff, our interactions with Victoria in reception were rather cold. We found this surprising in such a hospitable town. She seemed indifferent as to whether or not we were to stay and showed no interest in the overall quality of our experience.

R. Amelio

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank FadedDeception
Jose Luis C, Gerente at Hotel Suites Nadia, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Dear Guest:

As owner and general manager of Hotel Suites Nadia Vallarta, I want to express my appreciation to you for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our Puerto Vallarta hotel. I am sorry by the same time to read that there were some things that should have not happened. Finding sand and a couple of roaches is of course something inacceptable. It is a shame that we did not get a chance to talk while you were in the hotel. However, I will look into it to make sure that such things do not happen again. As you might conclude per the various comments of other guests, those things obviously are not part of our daily operation.

Again, thank you for your important observations. You can rest assured that I will personally look into them.

Best regards,

José Luis Casillas U.
Owner/General Manager

Reviewed 26 May 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our six nights at Hotel Suites Nadia in Vallarta. This is a very well designed, well maintained, comfortable building with a helpful, friendly staff. The view is spectacular from the rooftop pool and breakfast area. The breakfasts were simple and nicely presented.

The Malecón is just a few blocks away. Even closer is a grocery store and an assortment of tourist shops and shops more oriented toward locals, and several nice restaurants. Just a couple blocks away is the main bus route. We never waited more than one minute for a bus.

The kitchenette and seating area in our unit (403) made it feel more like an apartment than a hotel room. With juice and bottled water from the grocery store, we made our own ice cubes and used the supplied blender to make drinks to enjoy on our private balcony overlooking the street. The balcony was a great place to relax after walking around town and just enjoy people watching down on the the beach or up the street. At night the sound of the surf crashing on the beach was mesmerizing.

We now have wonderful memories of our visit to Puerto Vallarta, and Hotel Suites Nadia was the perfect hub for our enjoyment of our time there.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BuzzinBlair
Jose Luis C, Gerente at Hotel Suites Nadia, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

Dear Guests:

On behalf of the staff at Hotel Suites Nadia Vallarta, I would like to thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel during your recent visit.

It pleases us to know that your holidays in our city and hotel were to your full satisfaction.