“Incredible”

Tentaciones Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Tentaciones Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 332 Restaurants in Zihuatanejo
Price range: US$65 - US$120
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Subiendo por Casa Cuitlateca
Description: Perched in the heart of Zihuatanejo Bay and up the mountain gives the property the best angle to appreciate incomparable views of the ocean and the city, the first sensation that comes through your eyes is peace, freedom and romance...
Reviewed 9 June 2014

On a recent stay in Zihua I really wanted to eat at a extremely nice place with a great view and after looking on Trip Advisor I saw Tentaciones. Funny thing is it was literally next door to my hotel and I was amazed when we pulled up to check in that my reservation was only a 30 second walk away.

We visted during the off season and had an early reservation so we had the place to ourselves for the first hour and our Host and waiter were excellent. They asked us about any food allergies because the menu is preset and that impressed my girlfriend because she is sensitive to shrimp. They adjusted the menu for her and then started the 1st course of our menu. We had a light tartlette with a mole sauce that was unbelievable. Our second course was an amazing spinach salad with the freshest blue cheese crumbles ever and a strawberry vinaigrette dressing. We then had a soup that was amazing and the main protein was tuna steak lightly seared and garlic shrimp. Our dessert was a light tart with ice cream. I have to say I haven't had good that good in years. In addition they served us a margarita with tamarin and it was awesome as well.

You literally can't go wrong with this place. We also got to see 1 of the rooms and this is a place we will come back to. The rooms are simple but elegant and chic and even thought Casa Cuilateca was great as well, this place was a step above in terms of class. Loved it!!

2  Thank marshka

Reviewed 26 May 2014

There really aren't adequate words to describe this experience. The views are some of the most amazing you will have while dining. Serene, ethereal ambiance. Service was so refined, it was as though items magically appeared on table on their own. Chef's menu - each item delicious, properly prepared and excellent portions. I have dined on three continents and this is in my all time top 5. Try to go at sunset or just before.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

my husband and i went to zihuatanejo for our one year anniversary, and for our "big anniversary dinner" we splurged at tentaciones and it was WORTH IT!! so tasty, every course was delicious - they asked if we had any changes necessary or dietary restrictions, which is nice, and then brought out these gorgeously plated dishes. the view was perfect - we were staying at the hotel next door, but the view was slightly different! i definitely recommend going for sunset :) i highly recommend this place!

1  Thank Katie A
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We enjoyed eating here on two occasions. The view is unequalled, the service is excellent, and the patron is amusing. It is a set menu, which changes with availability of produce. The dishes were interesting and well cooked, but there were definitely some dishes that worked better than others. We had a very good bottle of wine the first time we visited and two glasses of good, but not outstanding wine the second time. The food and wine are, I would say, not as good as Amuleto, but the atmosphere is more relaxed. It's possibly a bit overpriced for the quality of the food, but the view and atmosphere made up for that for us.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We vacation in Zihuatanejo annually and were looking for a new place for our special night out since our prior favorite has closed. This meets all the criteria--fantastic setting with a view over the harbor and town, creative and well executed menu, attentive service. The price is fair for what is delivered--750 Pesos/person for the 5 course tasting menu, plus wine.