“Caught one of everything!”

Gitana Sport Fishing
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Thus was my first time to Zihua, and we came here to get married. My wife has been here numerous times, and always talks about the amazing fishing. I am not a big time fisherman, and in fact this was only my second time deep sea fishing. The first time in Costa Rica, we caught nothing. On this trio, we went out two days on the Gitana. The first day with Santiago and Adan, and we caught Dorado, Sailfish and Bonita. A truly memorable experience and Santiago and Adan were great. We took our Dorado to their sister's restaurant, Letys, just across the footbridge in town, and she cooked us two amazing dishes. Incredible.

Second outing was today, with Santiago and Francisco. We went along the shore, and had even more fun. We caught three Rooster fish, another Dorado, as well as plenty of needle fish, Bonita, and Jack Crevelle fish. A ton of fun and absolutely exhausting. These guys knew what they were doing, and made everything comfortable, exciting and fun. We took this Dorado to Ixtapa island, where we had a feast for lunch and a great time snorkeling.

I highly recommend the Gitana and Santiago. It may be just slightly more expensive than other outfits, but the panga is large and clean with a semi private toilet, the captain and crew are first class, and is have a feeling they almost always catch something.

1  Thank NativeDC

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Santiago and Adan were AMAZING.. My aunt and I wanted to catch fish and boy did we ever. We got on BIG DORADO and lots of Bonita fish along with one giant Sailfish. I have never eaten Mahi Mahi and so Santiago prepared it right on the boat and it was FANTASTIC. That was very special to me. Adan was an amazing top notch Deck Man. Adan worked very hard to entice and catch those fish for us. Absolutely the best fishing team. The hospitality and kindness they showed me was outstanding. I cant wait for next year and booking my next trips. I suggest booking at least 2 trips with him to have even more fun. Thanks guys. Perfect job well done.

1  Thank mngonefishing
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Just returned last weekend from Zihuatanejo fishing with Captain Santiago which is my second trip of this year.Had a great trip caught a lot of fish.On Friday 18th released one nice Sailfish and boated 10 Dorados (Mahi Mahi.) in the 20 to 25 pound range and released several more Dorados we were seven miles out.
Sunday ran down near Puerto Vincente ,what a breathtaking area never seen an area that was so beautiful caught Dorado another great day.It is a pleasure to fish with such a professional as Captain Santiago.I can not wait until I return to this wonderful place and its people.

Viva La Mexico
Thomas Harris (Tommy.)
Houston,Texas
U.S.A.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

Emailed Santiago at 11:00 pm after cappella hotel did not make the reservation we requested. Santiago and Adan were waiting and ready when we arrived at the marina the next morning. Threw them another curve when asked to go for smaller fish we could eat instead of sailfish that we had to release. Within 5 minutes they switched out the gear and they were ready to go and took the request in stride. Had a great day with a few mahi mahi and many Bonita. Saw turtles, dolphins, sea snakes and more along the way. Great day for my wife and me. They made some fresh ceviche on the boat for us and we grilled more at their sister's restaurant when we returned. AWESOME day!

Reviewed 14 June 2013

Just returned from Zihuatanejo and it was my first time to fish with Captain Santiago of Gitana Sport Fishing.I have been fishing for many years up and down the Mexican Pacific coast and after much researching (And actually I had seen him fishing before when I was on another boat.) I finally have found a great fisherman that is a true conservationist.He not only practices catch and release of all Billfish he also tags them.As you all know a lot of Captains claim they catch and release ,but once you get the fish to the boat the struggle begins to get them to release the fish.Not so with Santiago he is commited to the preservation of the species no question about it.He also had a lot of patience with me and I learned a lot of new things about fishing that never occurred to me,he taught me a lot about being calm during the fight.I fished with conventional gear and caught ,tagged,and released 5 Sailfish and one Stripped Marlin in two days of fishing.Also his First Mate Francisco is a top notch mate.Also Santiago took two days of great pictures that I will always cherish.

Viva La Mexico