“I loved it.”
Review of Casa Romantica

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Zihuatanejo
Casa Romantica
Malaga, WA
“I loved it.”
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Casa Romantica is the nicest condominium I've ever stayed in (and I've been around). The place is huge; beautifully decorated, unbeatable views. The pools are exceptionally clean, and you never have to 'fight' for a lounge chair. They are prepared to accommodate all the guests. The 10 minute walk to the beach is steep; but after a couple of days I got in shape enough to where I forgot it was a climb. The beach restaurants have lounge chairs and umbrellas for the local guests (like us) and I met many people who had been coming to Zihua for years. Many were staying at La Casa as well. You will never need a car. If you need a cab, it's only $3.50 everywhere. There a dozens of great restaurants on the beach and in town. I would recommend Rossy's---about 3 "doors" down from the beach where most residents of La Casa. You don't need to over-pack; there's a washer and dryer at the condo, and the complex is COMPLETELY safe--here's a guard at the driveway who checks you "out" coming and going. The market is fabulous. The radishes were the size of softballs and heads of lettuce as big as soccer balls. CR has a full BEAUTIFUL kitchen. The TV has a zillion channels and at least half in English. I'm already booked for next year, and can't wait to get back. Local fishing was terrific; we caught 32 lbs of tuna in about 1/2 hour, and my son caught a sail fish 6' long. "David" is the local fisherman, water tour guide.

See Your Review

Casa Romantica is, without a doubt, the nicest, most user-friendly place I've ever stayed at (and I've been around). The place is huge; beautifully decorated, unbeatable views. The pools are exceptionally clean, and you never have to 'fight' for a lounge chair. They are prepared to accommodate all the guests. The 10 minute walk to the beach is steep; but after a couple of days I got in shape enough to where I forgot it was a climb. The beach restaurants have lounge chairs and umbrellas for the local guests and I met many people who had been coming to Zihua for years and many were staying at La Casa. You will never need a car. If you need a cab, it's only $3.50 everywhere. There a dozens of great restaurants on the beach and in town. I would recommend Rossy's---about 3 "doors" down from the beach where most residents of La Casa. You don't need to over-pack; there's a washer and dryer at the condo, and the complex is COMPLETELY safe--here's a guard at the driveway who checks you "out" coming and going. The market is fabulous. The radishes were the size of softballs and heads of lettuce as big as soccer balls. CR has a full BEAUTIFUL kitchen. The TV has a zillion channels and at least half in English. I'm already booked for next year, and can't wait to get back. Local fishing was terrific; we caught 32 lbs of tuna in about 1/2 hour, and my son caught a sail fish 6' long. "David" is the local fisherman, water tour guide.

See Your Review

Room Tip: This Unit can not have a better view. It's perfect
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Naperville
Reviewed 16 January 2012

After havng vacationed in Ixtapa for many years we wanted to stay in Zihuatanejo for a change. Best decision we ever made. After staying at Casa Romantica we will never stay in Ixtapa or anywhere else in Zihuatanejo. It was so welcoming, you feel at home. It has all the conveniences you have at home. The view from the patio and the master bedroom OMG beautiful. My husband and I were joined with our daughter and a girl friend of hers this was their first time Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo and too they loved it. I would highly recommend Casa Romantice and can't say enought about Molly and her staff. You won't go wriog with this one.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Montara, California
Reviewed 12 December 2011

Having been to the Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo area over the past seven years, my girlfriend and I kept searching for the perfect lodging. We found it last year at Casa Romantica and made the decision that our search was over. A second visit proved just as enjoyable!

Mollie and Tom have put a lot of thought into their condo. The furnishings are gorgeous, the view is spectacular and the location is convenient to everything from restaurants to shopping to acivities such as horseback riding, snorkling, etc. One of the nice amenities is having a Vonage phone available for use for those of us that can't totally get away from our business.

Eli, the Manager, is always available to assist in any way possible and Rosalinda provides outstanding maid service. There has been a change in the maintenace person and the new man is doing an outstanding job. Never has the pool area been cleaner as he is constantly scrubbing the sides and decking. And, the security staff is so helpful, checking us out and in, calling cab service and providing nightime inspections of the entire property. Us Gringos can truly feel safe at Casa Romantica.

If you want a vacation with no worries and want to meet some incredible locals, Casa Romatica is for you. Thank you Mollie and Tom. We love Romantica and will keep returning each year.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sooner8800
St. Louis
Reviewed 16 March 2011

I must say that I wish I was in Casa Romantica right now. We first visited Zihuatanejo in 2009 and stayed in a hotel which we liked very much. The following summer we were to return but had to change our reservations. We were disappointed and nervous when we found out that the Hotel we were familair with didn't have a reservation available for us. We started looking for a condo and stumbled onto Casa Romantica. We were still nervous as we were unfamiliar with the exact location and proximity to the beach. What a wonderful surprise. Now we only want to stay at Casa Romantica. The location was great. You lay in bed and look at the ocean. It sounds like you're directly on the beach as you can hear the waves. The walk to the beach is 5 minutes at the most and it is actually a pretty walk. We took a taxi back up to the condo from the beach and it was very inexpensive. We could have easily walked back up but after relaxing on the beach and a few XX beers we decided to taxi it up. Many of the hotels don't have an elevator so walking to your room will happen most places anyway.The view from every room in Casa Romantica is amazing. Mollie and Tom were wonderful. Our trips overlapped a liitle and Tom even drove us to the airport. The staff was incredibly helpful and we felt very safe. Mollie has a book with local restaurants and tips and approximately 100 moviese. Words can't express the luxury and beauty of the condo and it's gorgeous view. Thanks Mollie and Tom

Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
San Diego, California
Reviewed 11 January 2011

My husband & I visited Zihua on a previous cruise (when they were stopping in Guerrero) and fell in love with the peace and tranquility...The food was awsome and the people we met in town were kind & patient with our limited Spanish. We vowed to return and stay somewhere in town. My husband found this place by accident and we were pleasantly surprised to discover that the pictures were REAL and that the view & condo were even more incredible in person. We will return!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Indiana
Reviewed 29 April 2010

Mollie and Casa Romantica were perfect for us, so much so that my wife and I are kicking around the idea of purchasing a condo @ Casa Que Ve Al Mar.

I have no complaints about either the unit itself or the arrangement process.

I would like to say that Mollie could not have been more helpful, kind and accomodating.
The condo itself is every bit as nice as its pictures.
The view from the balcony brought tears to my eyes more than once.
The other guests or condo owners we met at the pool (great pools by the way) were so much fun; we feel like we came away with new friends.
We highly reccomend this condominium Development and particulary Casa Romantica.
The location of this unit, the way it is appointed and Mollie herself make it a cut above the others.
We will go back there again, if we have a say in the matter!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank enelson143
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 23 March 2010

I recently had the luxury to take a week long vacation to Mexico on March 7 - 14, 2010 for my honeymoon. I stayed at Casa Romantica (#402).....which should be name a "PARADICE FOUND!!" I communicated with the owner, Mollie, who was one of the most helpful people I have ever met. Even at the last minute (the last week before my wedding), Mollie was very quick to answer all emails and even phone calls. Please check out her website at https://www.beachviewzihua.com. She sent us a packet of information on places to eat, shop, and more. It was the best vacation I have ever been on. What a GREAT honeymoon place to stay for honeymooners! We had the freedom of grocery shopping at Commerical Mexicana and stocked up for week. We had breakfast every morning on the balcony overlooking the ocean.

We arrived on a Sunday and were able to check in early, we met with the Manger on duty - Eliezer. He was so friendly and helped us up to our room. He showed us how to use to internet (Mollie is so nice, she leaves a labtop for your personal use). There were 100's of books and movies to choose from. A TV and DVD player in the living room and the master bedsoom along with satalite tv, if you don't want to miss out on any sports games! Not that we were planning on watching much TV, but it was still a VERY nice luxury.

We were so happy when we walked in. The view from the bedroom and kitchen is overlooking the bay of Zihua. The condo was super clean and very spacious. The kitchen has marble counter tops and was fully loaded with any appliance you could dream of. It really made us feel at home. They have a water jug for purified water and even a filter for the sink water.

We rarely ever heard any traffic, which I've heard other people complain about. I mean you are in Mexico, the drivers are crazy! It was not in any way a bother to us. The walk to La Playa Ropa takes about 10 minutes - wear your tennis shoes, b/c the road is steep and I thought it was a lovely work out with all the eating and drinking we were doing! There are two infinity pools and they were warm and purely amazing. Never crowded..there were a few people at times, but everyone was so friendly!

We never walked downtown, but many people staying did and said it took about 15 minutes. We rented a car because we like to venture out and we were on our honeymoon! I give Casa Romantica a TWO HUGE thumbs up and we will be returning in the future!

Some of the restaurants we are at are:

Jungle Pizza - One of the best pizza places we have ever eaten at. My husband is a PICKY eater and this place was fantastic. About a 4 minute drive away from the town and you will see it on your left. It really feels like you are in the jungle. The owners are always there and LOVE talking to eveyone at their restaurant. We actually ate there twice!!

The Fishing Hole - This is bar in the middle of town, we didn't eat here, but had some cocktails and beer. It's a little bar on the corner (I wish I could remember the streets) but the bartenders are so welcoming and love giving advice on where to go, eat, visit, shop. We went here many times and loved all the people watching! (It's near the Captain's Daughter).

Il Mar - Great View, I would call and make a reservation so you can get a table near the edge of the balcony. We forgot, but still had an amazing view of the sun setting and had some great calamari. The waiters here were very experienced and helped us pick out a great bottle of wine. We had the Red Snapper and it was delicious. Other people were ordering pasta and I didn't see an empty plate!

El Cafe de los Milagros - We stopped and had breakfast, coffee, and two for one margaritas! The menu was small, but the owner was so friendly and it felt like we were in an art gallery. Worth checking out for the great downtown view.

La Cala - WOW! What can I say. A private table in a lagoon with black rocks and sand about 2 feet from our toes. The lagoon was surrounded by rocks and the food was to die for!! I had the special of the day, a pasta with lobster...yummm and my husband had the fish of the day..it was all so good. We also started off with a caprese salad...wow. We wish we went back there! So romantic and great service!!

Bandidos - In town, actually right in the middle. We went here a few times to enjoy the people watching and the food was great. When you order guacamole and salsa...it is made so fresh, that they create it right in front of you. The staff was so friendly and remembered our names everytime we walked by the restaurant! Talk about customer service!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple