“View From The Top At Hotel Calinda”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Zihuatanejo Bay

Ranked #3 of 59 things to do in Zihuatanejo
Toronto, Canada
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“View From The Top At Hotel Calinda”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

from their sunset bar with a nice Margarita at happy Hour, less often offered anywhere else, 2 for one......
A beautiful bay with lots of sailboats and the occasional cruise ship in the bay.......

Visited March 2014

Kirkland, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Gran Jeffe Fishing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

We had a wonderful time on the Gran Jeffe fishing boat! Carlos, one of the crew, is the perfect guide to good fishing. This year, in early April, we landed two sailfish! The crew's experience shows each time we've gone out of the Gran Jeffe. It's been a safe and beautiful trip every year with sightings of sea turtles, dolphins, and lots of fish. We are already looking forward to our next trip cruising out of the bay to the open sea and then swimming off Ixtapa Island, before heading back to Zihuatanejo.

Visited April 2014
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Linens / Tablecloths / Rugs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

We just returned from our very first visit to Zihua -- we are in love!
Besides the beauty of the Bay, we were looking for table linen and we found a GEM of a store!
Cielo Zapoteco --just off Calle Juan Alvarez in the Marina. The young man who owns and weaves is an artist named Martin Cruz. And what a delight he was. Knowledgable and so pleasant, he proudly showed his amazing hand-crafted wares; and what a display!! We came away with table linens and table runners that our friends here in the States are SO jealous of. We wish we bought more!
Thank you Martin -- you are a true artist
John / Deirdre

Visited June 2014
3 Thank John A
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Eco-Tianguis Sanka - Saturday Farmer's Market”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

A lovely Saturday morning space in Zihuatanejo is the Eco-Tianguis farmer's market that sets up at Plaza del Artista on Playa Principal, the municipal beach in Zihuatanejo, between the basketball court and the archaeological museum. It's the initiative of the Zihuatanejo Vegan Cooperative and small producers and businesspeople in the area.

Vendors of local organic and natural products set out their tables in the sand and offer luscious vegan and natural snacks like chocolate/fruit/nut bliss balls and brownies, coconut milk yogurt, kefir and kombucha flavored with tropical fruits, vegan tamales, organic coffee, artisan natural salsas and preserves, soy and vegetable-based tacos, flax-cracker salad cones, kimchi, and other cultured veggies, as well as fresh organic produce (whatever is in season) and local hand-made and recycled crafts. I can't resist having at least one of the vegan tamales or a salad wrap for my brunch when I go.

There are always sessions of music, poetry, kids' storytelling, or educational talks on permaculture, composting, and the like offered at around 11:00 a.m. The market is a great place to socialize while picking up supplies for the week. It supports the local economy, and it's all healthy!

Eco-Tianguis Sanka: Every Saturday at Plaza del Artista on Playa Principal from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.

Visited May 2014
3 Thank Mexzihcan
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fishing with Moses”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

We were approached by a nice man names Moses on Playa la Ropa. He sold us on a fishing trip for two the next morning for $70 per person. He said he would take us out, we would have a great time, catch fish, then go to Las Gatas beach where someone would cook our fish for $5 and take us to Manzanillo beach too. Ok. We met at the marina as instructed but Moses was not going to be taking us out, his brother and son were. Hmmm? Okay...not what we bargained for but we'll go with it. Moses bought us water and beer as promised and took us to the boat and off we went. We had a lovely time with his brother and son who took very good care of us. We caught 5 mackeral and 2 black tunas. I got sick after that so we went to manzanillo beach where I thought I'd be able to sit on the beach for a bit. It was a coral reef and getting to the beach was hard. So I floated in the water and at first felt better, but then got really sick again and needed to be on land. So Moses' son swam me out to the shore, where we sat there for about 15 minutes chatting while I caught my bearings. I felt better. We swam back to the boat, and headed for Las Gatas beach. When we got there they tried to charge us more than what Moses pitched to us. I explained we were told $5 and that I wasn't eating because I was sick.(they were not happy about that). Our fish also fed our crew for free. I had a cup of rice which they charged me $2.50 for. Everyone ate a feast but me. The beach there is nice, calm and pretty but lined with restaurants and chairs. If you stay at the beach, go all the way to the end, away from the crowd to the coconut tree grove and hang out there. It's peaceful and shady. (probably not during high season though). We then left after everyone ate and we went back to the marina. By 2pm we were back at our hotel, where we chilled the rest of the day. We tipped the crew $25 (we didn't know what to tip) and one black tuna. All in all, it was a tourist trap, but we had a nice day. I would recommend doing it once for the experience. The boat we were on was small and old (we were promised a nice boat with GPS tracking, etc.- yeah it had none of that!) I think if we were on a bigger boat I wouldn't have gotten seasick. Advice- ask many questions, don't give anyone any money until you arrive at the marina (no deposits), know what you are paying for, and you'll be okay. Also, I say go for the big game fishing if you really want the experience (sailfish, yellowfin tuna, marlin).

Visited May 2014