just returned from zihua and stayed at both casa que canta and villa del sol. cqc is unimaginably beautiful, and my wife and i agree that it has a certain magical quality to it. the staff was impeccable, and that means everyone from chambermaids to upper management. the rooms (i saw quite a few as the hotel was not full) are architectural wonders, as is the entire hotel. also, all meals eaten were superb, and i did not find the sevice snooty as has been mentioned on this site and others. when you walk through the door of this place, you enter another world. a very peaceful and quiet world where there is virtually no guest interaction, and enough hidden lounging areas to make sure it stays that way. this is by no means a complaint; you just need to know what to expect. which brings me to villa del sol.
i have read countless comparisons of cqc and vds, including one account where the reviewer could not wait to leave cqc, and saved their zihua trip by fleeing to vds. while vds is a nice place with beautiful rooms, there is just no way to compare the quality between these two hotels. food,staff, and public spaces are just not on the same level at vds. if you like considerable interaction, maybe cqc is not for you. but 5pm poolside at vds with a boombox, people doing cannonballs into the pool, and shouting to the bar for more drinks was not particularly for us. again, the room at vds (we only saw one-ours) was fabulous, but it did not make up for the other shortcomings between the two properties.
regarding the beach, cqc is on a cliff with beach access only. the amazing salt water pool made up for it, however. vds is directly on the beach which is good and bad. beach vendors are pleasant but non-stop. also, this is not the caribbean. two women boogie boarders received relatively bad facial injuries after being crushed by waves which do not particularly look all that threatening. (one fx'd nose and the other some pretty bad scarring)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Casa Que Canta is a small luxury hotel with essence, history and a personality of its own. Located in Zihuatanejo next to the beautiful La Ropa beach, this hotel offers unrivaled panoramic views. Built with Adobe bricks, palapas and tropical woods, the unique architecture of La Casa Que Canta is an icon on the Pacific Coast of Mexico. It's 25 Oceanfront ample suites, spread out among three buildings, all have spacious terraces and 180-degree views overlooking the bay. Considered The Most Romantic Hotel by famous magazines, and travelers. The hotel was chosen for a famous Hollywood movie called "When a Man loves a woman". Since our opening 25 years ago, we are proud to be amongst the best Boutique Hotels of the World. Our pursuit of constant improvement and excellent service has granted us multiple awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your La Casa Que Canta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Casa Que Canta Hotel Zihuatanejo
- Casa Que Canta Hotel Zihuatanejo