“Simply breathtaking !” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 81 Hotels in Zihuatanejo
Houston, Texas
“Simply breathtaking !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

We just came back from Zihuatanejo where we have been several times and cannot wait to go back again ! We usually stay at Casa Cuitlateca but as it is presently under renovations, we decided to stay at La Casa Que Canta. What a gorgeous place ! The architecture as well as the decor of this hotel are incredible !

Our suite (no. 24) was absolutely wonderful ! every day we had design made of real flowers on our bed (and we are not talking about the towels-animals one gets on a cruise). The two ladies who make those beautiful designs are so artistic, it breaks your heart to take the flower petals away when you get to bed.

The staff at Casa Que Canta is courteous, always smiling, extremely helpful and super attentive to all your needs. When you arrive, you are greeted by a smiling lady who takes you to a private area where you are offered beverages and no need to stay in line to check in, they have all the paperwork ready for you to sign. Fresh fruits, bottled water, sodas, beers, tequilla are provided in your suite.

They keep the hotel as well as the rooms spotless and the service is incredible. My husband told the lady at the reception that a bulb was missing on our private terrace and 2 minutes later, a gentleman showed up and replaced the missing bulb and just in case, the one in the matching lamp.

During our stay, on 2 occasions we decided to order a pizza from our favorite pizzeria in Zihua (Jungle Pizza). We were expected to receive a call from the reception to go and get our pizza, To our surprise and delight, our pizza was delivered by one of the hotel staff who set the table and informed us that the pizza had been paid for and the cost added to our hotel bill. How's that for service !!

August 8 was our 6th wedding anniversary and not only did we get a very special and beautiful flowered design on our bed but they decorated our terrace with beautiful roses, lampions and candles and served us an amazing dinner ! The food was so exceptional that we asked for the recipe for the shrimps and fish cooked in banana leave with a pineapple and mango salsa. Miumm ! I still dream about it ! To dine in and have a romantic set up on your terrace is a MUST and the cost is minimal ($50). We chose a Puilly Fuse at a very reasonable price and the price for our dinner was more than acceptable considering the quality of the food and presentation.

To sum it up, La Casa Que Canta is spectacular and magical ! Of course the suite was pricier than what we usually pay for but it was a special occasion and we only wish that we could spend the rest of our lives enjoying all the luxury and attention provided at Casa Que Canta.

We cannot wait to go back to Zihuatanejo and will definitely consider staying at Casa Que Canta again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ThePerrys_10
AnaCanta, Gerente at La Casa Que Canta, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Dear ThePerrys_10

We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your experience at “La Casa Que Canta” as well as the genuine warmth of our staff.
We hope to welcome you again soon.

Ana Ma. Frias & Teresa Arellano
Management Committee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Me and my wife went for our anniversary. Service is top notch, everything is so in detail taken care of. Food is amazing, which is rare in hotels. This one was perfect. The other restaurant was closed and we did not get a difference in the menu between dinner and lunch, but it was awesome all together (as for nachos with shrimp!!!). The facilities were incredible, no TV (was not necessary at all) and the gym with sea view (loved the Polar machine). Beach is public, but close. Really clean. I will definitely come back!

Room Tip: Ask for the kind of pillow you may want. Luna is quieter. Choose the master room w/pool.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear DJFedori

It was very agreeable reading your comments and getting to know that your anniversary at “La Casa Que Canta” was memorable.
We appreciate you sharing your experience in Trip Advisor.

It will be a pleasure hosting you again.

Our best regards,

Ana Ma. Frias & Teresa Arellano
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

I first came to La Casa Que Canta 20 years ago after recovering from a major illness. From the moment I arrived and looked out to the Bay of Zihuatanejo, I felt completely 'healed' just breathing in the awe inspiring beauty of this hotel. This place is so spectacular it will touch your heart and soul to the deepest level. Since my first visit here, this hotel has become my personal "epitome" of the most amazing place to stay... on earth !! Finally I just had the chance to return to La Casa Que Canta again and while I had originally planned to stay one week, each day I find myself postponing my departure as this has truly become a 2nd home to me and I cannot pull myself away from the healing energy that is recharging my life. Every single room here is special in it's own way with jaw dropping views, and the food is absolutely gorgeous, I haven't had one meal that wasn't beyond my expectations. The best part of this trip is having time to get to know the staff who are extremely professional and friendly and will become like "family"; I have been utterly spoiled and I'm extremely grateful to all who work here! While I did venture out a bit when I first arrived, I find that I end up spending each day here at the hotel as there simply isn't anywhere else on earth I'd rather be! Don't miss the change to transform your life and experience one of the world's hidden treasures ! Pamper yourself, you deserve it and won't regret coming to La Casa Que Canta !!

Room Tip: All the rooms are amazing !
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
5 Thank jkt4me
AnaCanta, Gerente at La Casa Que Canta, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear Mrs. JKT4ME

Thank you very much for your wonderful remarks.
Your appreciations encourage our staff to go forward in their aim to provide you with a better experience at our “Casa”, your “Casa” as we consider you now part of our family.

We hope to welcome you again soon.

Our best regards,

Ana María Frías / Teresa Arellano R.
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

My now husband and I decided to get married at La Casa Que Canta with minimal investigation prior to our big day. We could not have picked a better venue or had a better time. Our huge private villa was stunning, the staff were all amazing and our small party lacked for nothing. Full time chefs, beautiful rooms and infinity pools meant that despite a range of activities being available, in the end everyone was happiest in the villa.

Our wedding ceremony, dinner and music was beautiful and the organisation immaculate.
In short everything was absolutely perfect. Thank you La Casa Que Canta!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Paula K
AnaCanta, Gerente at La Casa Que Canta, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Paula K

Thank you for having selected "La Casa Que Canta" for your wedding.
We truly appreciate you taking the time to share with others the special moments you had with us.
We hope to welcome you again in this our home, your home.

Ana María Frías / Teresa Arellano R.
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

My wife and I celebrated our 5 year annivesary at La Casa Que Canta. This was our fourth trip to Mexico having previously vacationed twice in Playa and once in Puerta Vallarta. Each experience has been memorable, however; our stay at La Casa Que Canta was absoulutely fabulous! The combination of this excellent boutique hotel and the scenery of Zihuatanejo Bay are hard to beat. Our Master Suite (#23) with private pool exceeded our expectations in every way. Thanks to all of the staff for making us feel as much at home as possible, even though home is nothing like La Casa Que Canta. We also ventured into town and ate at several different restaurants, which I would suggest, just to get a flavor of the town and culture. I would not hesitate one moment for the opportunity to return to the wonderul destination.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Maverick59
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Spectacular! The hotel was designed to give the most amazing views.
Private and many lovely nooks to hang out in and pretend you own the property.
The staff is impeccable in their service and friendliness.
I have only stayed once......and always come back to eat at the restaurant or watch the sunset on the verandas.
L

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank BEBMinneapolis
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

We enjoyed our stay. It was incredible! Our room (22) had a pool and a spectacular view. Our room was immaculate.

The architecture is fabulous. The service and food were top notch!! They always make you feel like family.
Love this place as always!

• Stayed July 2014