We just came back from Zihuatanejo where we have been several times and cannot wait to go back again ! We usually stay at Casa Cuitlateca but as it is presently under renovations, we decided to stay at La Casa Que Canta. What a gorgeous place ! The architecture as well as the decor of this hotel are incredible !
Our suite (no. 24) was absolutely wonderful ! every day we had design made of real flowers on our bed (and we are not talking about the towels-animals one gets on a cruise). The two ladies who make those beautiful designs are so artistic, it breaks your heart to take the flower petals away when you get to bed.
The staff at Casa Que Canta is courteous, always smiling, extremely helpful and super attentive to all your needs. When you arrive, you are greeted by a smiling lady who takes you to a private area where you are offered beverages and no need to stay in line to check in, they have all the paperwork ready for you to sign. Fresh fruits, bottled water, sodas, beers, tequilla are provided in your suite.
They keep the hotel as well as the rooms spotless and the service is incredible. My husband told the lady at the reception that a bulb was missing on our private terrace and 2 minutes later, a gentleman showed up and replaced the missing bulb and just in case, the one in the matching lamp.
During our stay, on 2 occasions we decided to order a pizza from our favorite pizzeria in Zihua (Jungle Pizza). We were expected to receive a call from the reception to go and get our pizza, To our surprise and delight, our pizza was delivered by one of the hotel staff who set the table and informed us that the pizza had been paid for and the cost added to our hotel bill. How's that for service !!
August 8 was our 6th wedding anniversary and not only did we get a very special and beautiful flowered design on our bed but they decorated our terrace with beautiful roses, lampions and candles and served us an amazing dinner ! The food was so exceptional that we asked for the recipe for the shrimps and fish cooked in banana leave with a pineapple and mango salsa. Miumm ! I still dream about it ! To dine in and have a romantic set up on your terrace is a MUST and the cost is minimal ($50). We chose a Puilly Fuse at a very reasonable price and the price for our dinner was more than acceptable considering the quality of the food and presentation.
To sum it up, La Casa Que Canta is spectacular and magical ! Of course the suite was pricier than what we usually pay for but it was a special occasion and we only wish that we could spend the rest of our lives enjoying all the luxury and attention provided at Casa Que Canta.
We cannot wait to go back to Zihuatanejo and will definitely consider staying at Casa Que Canta again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Casa Que Canta is a small hotel with essence, a history and a personality of its own; a true tropical paradise. Located on a promontory in the middle of Zihuatanejo Bay next to the beautiful La Ropa beach, this hotel offers unrivaled panoramic views. Built with adobe bricks, palapas and tropical woods, the unique architecture of La Casa Que Canta is an icon on the Pacific Coast of Mexico. Its 25 ample suites, spread out among three buildings, all have spacious terraces and 180-degree views overlooking the bay. In this peaceful and refined world, attentive to the passage of time, we have created a universe with attention to details and with the uttermost respect for our guests and their well being. Loyal visitors tell us that each time they arrive at La Casa Que Canta, is like returning to a beloved family. Since our opening 23 years ago, we are proud to be amongst the best Boutique Hotels of the World. Our pursuit of constant improvement and excellent service has granted us multiple awards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your La Casa Que Canta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Casa Que Canta Hotel Zihuatanejo
- Casa Que Canta Hotel Zihuatanejo