When we stayed at the Viceroy prior to ownership change the staff was amazing and personal (right down to the tennis instructor who was a great guy and great coach). When they saw we were a family they immediately offered to move us to another larger suite. It cost more but wow is was phenomenal. This trip we called in advance specifically requesting the same suite, upon arrival we were placed in a dark unit but immediately they responded to move us. I explained the unit we had the last time and they said they were very clear about the one I was describing. Needless to say we were moved to another lacking dark unit with old fixtures and no windows. When I explained this to the staff they said they would check again for the one I described. I personally walked the bellman to the unit and without hesitation he said it was occupied... Of course it was not. The staff for the most part seems either new or just inexperienced.
The rest of our stay was spent chasing down waiters when we wanted a drink or fighting for lounge chairs on the beach. Which in the past 2 days we have not been able to find one... Even though the resort seems to be at less than half capacity... Our room was never cleaned during our stay even multiple calls to front desk. Sitting by the pool not once did a waiter come over to us. If we wanted service we had to go and stand at the bar. It was not based on being too busy because there was no one there.
People comparing this to a 4 Seasons obviously has not stayed at one. We have stayed in resorts all over the world. If you wanted a resort that we believe to be a comparison to 4 Seasons try La Hacienda in Los Cabos....
Update more again soon..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cool garden waterfalls, enchanted lagoons and elegant adobe-inspired villas nestle along one of Mexico's premier beaches to make up the romantic Viceroy Zihuatanejo. 46 Guestrooms and suites afford stunning garden and ocean views across a tranquil beach. Relaxed contentment is made complete with award winning Mexican as well as Pacific Seafood cuisine, 3 swimming pools including a spectacular seaside infinity pool, an intimate spa and superb service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Viceroy Zihuatanejo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Tides Zihuatanejo Hotel Zihuatanejo
- The Tides Hotel Zihuatanejo
- The Tides Resort Zihuatanejo
- Villa Del Sol Zihuatanejo
- Tides Zihuatanejo