“Excelent weekend”

Hotel Irma
Ranked #14 of 78 Hotels in Zihuatanejo
Reviewed 22 June 2009

Hi.

We are from Mexico D.F. and went to Zihuatanejo from April 30 to May 03, 2009.

Our bus left the bus station at 21:00 hrs. on time, at 7:00 am, we are on Zihuatanejo at Irma's Hotel.

The hotel was good, the service and the employers too. The hotel isn´t big like a GT complex, but was confortable and nice, some times was noisy.

Our room was comfy, with a great view of Zihuatanejo's Bay.

To reach the beach we had to use the hotel stairs to go down and walk on the malecon, the other way is to leave the hotel by the main entrace, walk through the parking lot and go down the street, then turn left and go straight.

The beach is clean and you can swim on the sea, but with some caution.

The hotel offers some activities like, fishing, scuba diving, snorkeling, bike ride, and some others. You can ask on the reception to get more information.

The food on the hotel was good, but just that. To get a table in the restaurant you need to get up early, cause the restaurant doesn´t have capacity for all his guest.

The hotel has 2 pools and both have warm water.

In the reception hall you can use the wireless network or borrow a book from the shelf.

The hotel are on the edge of a cliff and has a magnificent view of the Zihuatanejo Bay.

Our stay was pretty good, calm, funny and relaxing, there's no variety in night life, and there's no nearby store or drug store, you will need to walk to the city town center.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank iOZCharlie

Reviewed 7 May 2009

My second trip to the area, 3 years ago stayed in Ixtapa. Good things to be said about both places, but for relaxing stay and ease of access to town you can't beat staying right in the area. Hotel Irma was a gem, the view, the staff was friendly [especially Marcos and the rest of the guys], the view, the place was clean, did I mention the view? My room had a limited view, but I just slept and showered there, for a view I just went to my cunados room and had coffee and wine on his patio. We rented a car for 2 days and made side trips to Troncones, Petatlan, and Barra de Potosi, all great places to see, and at Troncones and Barra, fantastic places to have cerveza and guacamole while watching the waves. As far as the food at the hotel, we usually try to go to different places when we go to Mexico so I only had 2 meals at the Irma and based on that I saw that the cooks tend to make sure everything is cooked well, don't expect any over easy eggs. In saying that, I did see some very good looking Mexican style dishes other people were having. I did have some very good meals at Daniel's, Il Mare [what a view here], Rufo's, and [my second MEMORABLE meal in 8 trips to Mexico] Casa Vieja. The steps to the beach are long but not tiring as there are numerous landings to rest, if needed. Be sure to have a massage, something I will have to do more often. As there is no elevator, try to stay on level 3 or lower [the lobby and restaurant are actually on the second level]. One thing we found out, at the end of our stay, the beach and water of Playa Madera is extremely user friendly. Even on calm days you have rollers so use common sense and watch over your shoulder, at 5'7" I was able to go 75yds and still be standing neck deep watch for a roller and get a lift in for 10-15 yds. Being a single male I didn't get sculptured towels [no need], but my room was cleaned very well every day and I never had a problem with any service. Would I recommend this hotel to friends? I would recommend this place to anyone, I would never hesitate to return to the Irma.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ron C
Reviewed 3 May 2009

We loved this place! Found this place after leaving our RCI exchange resort we were unhappy with.The view was awesome, we had one of the rooms off the patio, own porch, not alot of guest most of the week, so very quite, all the staff was very helpful. Location, walked everywhere.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2009

Hotel Irma is a nice small hotel with great views. It is not fancy but for the money you can not beat this location and view. Although they do not have a beach of their own you are directly above the water which is so great. We enjoyed the infinity pool. The rooms are very clean and quaint. As with most places in mexico, if you do not get the room you want at first, just ask and you will get what you want. The restaurant was o.k. and the drinks were o.k.. but you could always get a cold beer. There are alot of good places to eat and drink within walking distance. We walked a few feet up the hill to Kau Kan for a fantastic dinner or we were able to walk down in the mornings to La Casa Cafe for breakfast. The only problem we had with the Irma was that there was no shade by the pool during the day. Sometimes you need to relax and sit in the shade and there is almost no shade by the pool. Hopefully the will get more umbrellas soon.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Pamela R
Reviewed 18 January 2009

Irma was clean & basic. The location was great, many good places to eat and drink close by. If your looking for fancy this isn't it. But the staff is nice and the hotel patrons come back year after year ,warm friendly bunch of people. The food was pretty good at the hotel(there is no such thing as fast food here or anywhere as far as that goes). We had a good time!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank who16
Reviewed 1 January 2009

Clean and comfortable accommodations for a reasonable price. make sure that you are not given room #1 at checkin as it has limited ocean view.We asked to be moved. We then got a room with a lovely view of the bay. The only complaint is the club across the street can get a little loud at times. Other than that, our stay at Irma was a great experience. The front desk is very helpful in recommending taxi service and sight seeing. Carlos especially friendly and pleasent! Playa La Ropa, by far our favorite beach. A fifteen minute walk from Irma, well worth going to! Another must is IL Mar, an Italian restaurant, up the hill towards Playa La Ropa ...a great dining experience great food and service. Rufo's down hill from Irma was also very good and had fabulous grilled shrimp and fish,very affordable. The pathway along the beach is a fifteen minute walk into the downtown area. So glad we did not rent a car, as Irma is a very good location to walk everywhere and taxis are always available for farther destinations.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2008

We stayed for 2 nights on December 27th and 28th. The hotel was not full and we got a great room with a balcony the looked out over the ocean. The hotel's location was wonderful and the people at the front desk were helpful and friendly. Our room was clean and comfortable, although the bed was a little hard and the pillows a little lumpy. I didn't have the experience with the super friendly restaurant and bar employees, but they weren't rude by any means. I guess from the reviews I was expecting them to be really warm. Many of the usual ones might have had the week off since it was the holidays. The bar was not open but we did have lunch and 2 breakfasts at the restaurant, as well as drinks. Food was great and reasonably priced, and the views were incredible. Great location that made it easy to walk to the town of Zihuatanejo. For the price we got on the room (through a package deal), we felt like we got a very good deal on a very relaxing place to stay. The pools were great. I would probably return, although I would check out the Brisas Del Mar a couple doors down and book it if the prices were similar. Their bar was gorgeous. The Hotel Irma was great for us - we wanted a low-key place with a great view, location, and price.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)