Hotel Irma
US$298
US$201
US$401
US$280
Aura del Mar Hotel(Zihuatanejo)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$322
US$301
US$473
US$332
Club Med Ixtapa Pacific(Ixtapa)
US$441
clubmed.us
  • Breakfast included
Catalina Beach Resort(Zihuatanejo)(Great Value!)
US$115
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslove hotella ropabag of iceinfinity poolno elevatorocean viewshort walkmexican hotelbreakfast includedmadera beachstyrofoam coolera million dollar viewrooms are clean and comfortablefew stairsthe hotel sitszihuatanejo bayclose to town
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 June 2009

Hi.

We are from Mexico D.F. and went to Zihuatanejo from April 30 to May 03, 2009.

Our bus left the bus station at 21:00 hrs. on time, at 7:00 am, we are on Zihuatanejo at Irma's Hotel.

The hotel was good, the service and the employers too. The hotel isn´t big like a GT complex, but was confortable and nice, some times was noisy.

Our room was comfy, with a great view of Zihuatanejo's Bay.

To reach the beach we had to use the hotel stairs to go down and walk on the malecon, the other way is to leave the hotel by the main entrace, walk through the parking lot and go down the street, then turn left and go straight.

The beach is clean and you can swim on the sea, but with some caution.

The hotel offers some activities like, fishing, scuba diving, snorkeling, bike ride, and some others. You can ask on the reception to get more information.

The food on the hotel was good, but just that. To get a table in the restaurant you need to get up early, cause the restaurant doesn´t have capacity for all his guest.

The hotel has 2 pools and both have warm water.

In the reception hall you can use the wireless network or borrow a book from the shelf.

The hotel are on the edge of a cliff and has a magnificent view of the Zihuatanejo Bay.

Our stay was pretty good, calm, funny and relaxing, there's no variety in night life, and there's no nearby store or drug store, you will need to walk to the city town center.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank iOZCharlie
Reviewed 7 May 2009

My second trip to the area, 3 years ago stayed in Ixtapa. Good things to be said about both places, but for relaxing stay and ease of access to town you can't beat staying right in the area. Hotel Irma was a gem, the view, the staff was friendly [especially Marcos and the rest of the guys], the view, the place was clean, did I mention the view? My room had a limited view, but I just slept and showered there, for a view I just went to my cunados room and had coffee and wine on his patio. We rented a car for 2 days and made side trips to Troncones, Petatlan, and Barra de Potosi, all great places to see, and at Troncones and Barra, fantastic places to have cerveza and guacamole while watching the waves. As far as the food at the hotel, we usually try to go to different places when we go to Mexico so I only had 2 meals at the Irma and based on that I saw that the cooks tend to make sure everything is cooked well, don't expect any over easy eggs. In saying that, I did see some very good looking Mexican style dishes other people were having. I did have some very good meals at Daniel's, Il Mare [what a view here], Rufo's, and [my second MEMORABLE meal in 8 trips to Mexico] Casa Vieja. The steps to the beach are long but not tiring as there are numerous landings to rest, if needed. Be sure to have a massage, something I will have to do more often. As there is no elevator, try to stay on level 3 or lower [the lobby and restaurant are actually on the second level]. One thing we found out, at the end of our stay, the beach and water of Playa Madera is extremely user friendly. Even on calm days you have rollers so use common sense and watch over your shoulder, at 5'7" I was able to go 75yds and still be standing neck deep watch for a roller and get a lift in for 10-15 yds. Being a single male I didn't get sculptured towels [no need], but my room was cleaned very well every day and I never had a problem with any service. Would I recommend this hotel to friends? I would recommend this place to anyone, I would never hesitate to return to the Irma.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ron C
Reviewed 3 May 2009

We loved this place! Found this place after leaving our RCI exchange resort we were unhappy with.The view was awesome, we had one of the rooms off the patio, own porch, not alot of guest most of the week, so very quite, all the staff was very helpful. Location, walked everywhere.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2009

Hotel Irma is a nice small hotel with great views. It is not fancy but for the money you can not beat this location and view. Although they do not have a beach of their own you are directly above the water which is so great. We enjoyed the infinity pool. The rooms are very clean and quaint. As with most places in mexico, if you do not get the room you want at first, just ask and you will get what you want. The restaurant was o.k. and the drinks were o.k.. but you could always get a cold beer. There are alot of good places to eat and drink within walking distance. We walked a few feet up the hill to Kau Kan for a fantastic dinner or we were able to walk down in the mornings to La Casa Cafe for breakfast. The only problem we had with the Irma was that there was no shade by the pool during the day. Sometimes you need to relax and sit in the shade and there is almost no shade by the pool. Hopefully the will get more umbrellas soon.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Pamela R
Reviewed 18 January 2009

Irma was clean & basic. The location was great, many good places to eat and drink close by. If your looking for fancy this isn't it. But the staff is nice and the hotel patrons come back year after year ,warm friendly bunch of people. The food was pretty good at the hotel(there is no such thing as fast food here or anywhere as far as that goes). We had a good time!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple