If you're looking for a big corporate hotel on a crowded beach don't come here. Catalina is authentically Mexican in a natural environment on one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. The service is excellent, the food is unbelievable, and the location can't be beat. I've been there twice now and already have reservations for next year. Many people you meet will tell you they have been coming for 15, 20, or even 30 years. This place is special. Multiple buildings are nestled into the coastal jungle along a hillside overlooking the beach and bay. Stone walks and stairs wind through the landscape connecting the various buildings including an open air restaurant and the Sunset Bar. The included breakfast is so large you won't be hungry until mid-afternoon, then I recommend shrimp tacos served to you at your chase on the beach. But don't skip the margaritas. Samuel makes the best I've ever had (check out the video on Youtube). This place is great for couples, friends, or families. The beach is clean with many activities. The water is warm and there are relatively few vendors that will take no for an answer. I highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- spectacular sunsets are seen from the comfort of your hammock ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Catalina Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalina Beach Hotel Zihuatanejo
- Catalina Beach Zihuatanejo