My wife and I have traveled to Mexico many times, rarely visiting the same location. Zihuatenejo is my favorite location of all. The Catalina Beach resort is a charming place with excellent views, great location and wonderful staff. I would recommend paying the upgrade to the bungalow's over the Casita's. No A/C in the Casita's and they do not get enough of a breeze in the evening to cool them down. If you don't mind sleeping in the heat, then you won't have any worries. If you are like me and need a cool place to sleep, the A/C rooms are the only way to go. We are very simplistic and don't need much else, so we were happy and new what to expect from reading other Trip Advisor reviews. The rooms are not fancy, but offer a great balcony with chase lounges and hammocks. The higher up the room, the better the view. With the better view comes a lot of stairs, but well worth it to us. The infinity pool, sunset bar and the lobby all have excellent views of LaRopa beach. The staff was extremely courteous and friendly, they were very accommodating when we upgraded to a bungalow for a reasonable fee. Breakfast was great, small selection, but still a great meal to start the day. The location was Awesome! Playa Ropa is the place to stay if you choose Zihuatenejo. The beach is fantastic, gentle surf and water for great swimming. There are many places that line the beach for food and drinks and several fantastic restaurants within walking distance. On the beach, La Perla is a must. Javier is the man to stop and see at this spot. Friendly, great host who usually sits at his spot behind the bar and plays great music playlists to listen to. There are many other beachside spots, this was our favorite. On the road of the Catalina if you walk down the road a short 5 minute walk, you will find several great places to eat. Kau Kan was fantastic with an awesome view. make reservations for the corner table, you won't be dissapointed. il mare, espuma, Puerto del so, are all within a few blocks and all very good. Each of them has great views of the area. If you want a highrise touristy vacation, go to ixtapa. If you want an old school laid back taste of Mexico, Zihuatanejo is the place. LaRopa can't be beat in this area, enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- spectacular sunsets are seen from the comfort of your hammock ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Catalina Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalina Beach Hotel Zihuatanejo
- Catalina Beach Zihuatanejo