Really nice place with a great view, peaceful romantic and quiet! The food was very well presented and delicious. The service was excellent.Hector, Hiliberto and Salvador (Don Chava) were friendly, professional and helpful and really made our dinners enjoyable. Javier and Roman at Reception were also a pleasure to meet. However the place needs substantial renovations in order to regain the elegance that once it had and still can be seen in many details. Some pruning to improve the views (magnificent still!), a bit of paint, a touch of varnish in the woods and some method of transportation to the beach! It used to have one, but is no longer functional. Over three hundred (!!!) stairs is good aerobic exercise but not very enjoyable on daily basis to the "older crowd" (the one generally with the money....)
Eva, the owner, is an excellent lady, friendly and well spoken and was a pleasure meeting with her.
I loved the place and I certainly would recommend it and be back!
But my advice to her is to listen to her employees, they have good ideas and are dedicated and loyal and willing to assist to return The Catalina to her former romantic glory!
Regardless of it all it was a great experience and enjoyable memory! If in Zihuatanejo this place is not to be missed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spectacular Sunsets Are Seen From The Comfort Of Your Hammock ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Catalina Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalina Beach Hotel Zihuatanejo
- Catalina Beach Zihuatanejo