Perfect place to stay in Zihua!! We were greeted at the airport by a staff member in a volkswagen bug, where they arranged a taxi for us to travel 20 min to the hotel. The hotel is perfectly situated between the 2 main beaches in the town. Playa la Ropa is a 10 minute walk to the left, and the main city beach/shopping is a 10 minute walk to the right, downhill. Taxis are easy to come by too, and are necessary after too many coronas... However, only a couple taxis could make it up the driveway without stalling out. Most taxi rides cost 35 pesos. :)
Our group consisted of 2 couples, and we stayed in the Guerrero and Puebla rooms. They were beautiful, with great views. Sitting at the edge of the stone infinity pool, looking over the bay of Zihuatenejo, with a freshly made cocktail in my hand was one of the highlights of the trip! The bartenders are there 24 hours a day, and will make you a drink or get you a beer or water at any moment.
The staff was very professional. Housekeepers made up your room every day. The spa ladies are there every day until 6 pm for massages and manicures. Breakfasts were delicious and freshly made. You choose from a menu with lots of choices like fruit, juices, waffles, pancakes, huevos rancheros, eggs, potatoes, cereal, and yogurt. We went deep sea fishing one day and brought our sailfish back to the chef, where she made the most EXCELLENT meal for us. My husband doesn't care for the taste of seafood, but he loved it. We had ceviche as the first course, and tacos/steaks for the second. Usually you have to let the chefs know after breakfast if you want dinner that evening.
There are small refrigerators in every room. A short taxi ride to the "Walmart" of Mexico - Commercial de Mexico will supply you with water, beer, and any snacks you need. The day we went deep sea fishing the staff made up sandwiches for us to take on the boat since we would be missing breakfast.
The only complaint I have is about the creepy crawlies. There are some mosquitos, but my bottle of OFF did the trick. Our friends in the Guerrero room, which is built into the hillside, had a scorpion in their room and ended up coming back from their trip with a tarantula in their bag. However our room, the Puebla did not have any bugs. But you have to remember that Zihuatenejo is very tropical. Every morning we heard birds, frogs, and even saw 2 iguanas.
Overall our trip was excellent, and made even better by staying at this hotel. I wouldn't even classify it as a hotel though... more of a B and B. I highly recommend it to anyone going on a couples retreat, or even travelling solo. It probably wouldn't be the best for kiddos unless you want to be constantly worrying about them falling off ledges or into pools and ponds...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Cuitlateca has just 5 suites, all stunning, four with private balcony or patio. Our hotel is known best for its intimacy and excellent, personal service. Casa Cuitlateca is the perfect place for couples looking for a romantic getaway. Relax, and let yourself be pampered by our excellent staff. We offer a fabulous ala carte breakfast, free of charge. For your convenience, we have round-the-clock food and beverage service, as well as room service at no extra charge. Come and see why Casa Cuitlateca has the highest rating (97%) on TripAdvisor for all hotels in Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa. This is not by chance. We work hard everyday to make your experience the very best it can be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK) and Evoline ltd so you can book your Casa Cuitlateca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Cuitlateca Zihuatanejo
- Casa Cuitlateca Hotel Zihuatanejo