“Love this place!”

cafe marina
Ranked #91 of 343 Restaurants in Zihuatanejo
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: a Zihuatanejo legend for more than 30 years. Written up in most tour guides. I'm absolutely astonished that there are no reviews on Trip Advisro.
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We at breakfast at Cafe Marina and dinner one evening. The outdoor seating is excelllent with a lot of activity going on nearby. Great coffee and fruit platas in the morning. I had the best tomato, basil and cheese omelet, so I had it twice! They have a very diverse menu which is fun to read, but difficult to decide what to have. Friends of ours come there on Fridays for the meatloaf which is supposed to be great. We recommend Joe's Cafe Marina for dining and the view.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

All the seating is outside by the beach with people strolling by, great for people watching while dining. Ribs are great and the lasagna is the best restaurant lasagna we have ever tasted. Usually a wait for tables at the peak of the evening which speaks to the popularity of this restaurant.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

A few weeks ago I had one of the best pizzas I can remember. Last night I went back for the meat loaf. We waited about 40 minutes for the food and another 15 for the check. OK, I'm on vacation and in no hurry but also I'm in no hurry to return.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

i stay in zihua foe 2 plus months each year. walk from la ropa each morning for breakfast. after about an hour of great coffee with friends , I pick one of his 16 or so daily specials. I go for the Mexican stuff normally. on Fridays I try to get the end piece of the meatloaf special !! the smoothies are great as are the fresh orange juice and other juices. waiters are top notch-friendly and have become my friends. his 4 women cooks are special. I always reward them with candies too. joe wells and wife and family are, well family. I look foreward to many more years there. you must stop by. say hello to joe from steve McCormack, Colorado rockies employee , from Denver and a car nut too. now driving a 2014 Shelby gt-500. I o thru life with this thought in mind--if a little is reat,and a lot is better, way to much is just about right !!

Reviewed 22 December 2013

We never miss an opportunity to stop here and either have breakfast or a snack. This is the best location for people watching and the food and service is great! The waiters here are very good; always available but never intrusive. They will also get you a coffee drink from the coffee shop next door to supplement your meal. It is fun to see the catch come in everyday. This is the place to see and be seen in Zihuatanejo!