Stayed here with friends for 9 days in early December in the Zihuatanejo suite. I have been to stay in all inclusives several times now and realize there were several things I wanted to get away from.
Pros for Aura del Mar:
1. no time share
2. no blaring poolside music
3. no wrist bands proclaiming you are not entitled to half the benefits.
4. no fighting over beach chairs (although we were there at a quieter time)
5. no rock hard mexican beds
6. no extra charge for wifi
7. no mediocre food or service
This place was just a really mellow, small and charming hotel with excellent unobtrusive service and great views. The prices do reflect this.
As stated in previous reviews there are a lot of stairs and no elevator and in the heat (91F/31C) they can be really daunting. There was a beach front walk way to Zihuatanejo at took about 10 minutes to walk .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aura del Mar is a boutique-hotel in a Mexican fishing village, known for its hospitality and privacy. It's the perfect choice to get to know Zihuatanejo, relax and enjoy the sea. We offer a privileged location at the seashore in La Madera beach. Walking distance to downtown Zihua. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Odigeo, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Aura del Mar Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brisas Del Mar Zihuatanejo
- Hotel Brisas Del Mar