La Quinta de Don Andres is such a delightful place to stay - our favorite in Zihua! We have been there with friends, children, and grandchildren several times but hadn't been back since the remodel in 2010. We enjoyed it before - we absolutely love it now. Our impressions after staying there in early/mid April of 2013 are as follows:
FACILITIES: The rooms, grounds, swimming pool area, and restaurant are spotlessly clean and well maintained. The owner, Perla Gomez, appeared to me to personally inspect on a daily basis the placement of chaise lounges, pool cleanliness, condition of landscaping plants, and all the details that go into having a first-rate boutique hotel. Our two-bedroom suite was well equipped, with everything that we needed in the kitchen for fixing light breakfasts, fruit plates, guacamole and chips, etc. We could have cooked more, but with so many good restaurants nearby - and when on vacation???
RESTAURANT: Speaking of places to eat, the in-house restaurant was a delightful surprise, and we ended up having a number of dinners there. Managed by Perla's daughter, Alex Ornelas, the restaurant has a mediterranean-influenced menu with some sinfully delicious dishes and appetizers. Alex has a Bachelor's Degree in Culinary Arts from the University of Toronto and pays the same attention to detail with her restaurant as her mother does with the hotel. Prices are moderate and, considering the quality of the cuisine, may be the best dining value in Zihua.
STAFF: The personnel that work at this hotel are one of the bonuses of staying there. Gustavo Alvarez (reservations), Perla and Alex, Sergio (waiter), Luis (chef), housekeeping, etc. were uniformly friendly and helpful with any advice and questions that we had, and they made us feel so welcome.
We have traveled to a number of places in Mexico, and at this time La Quinta de Don Andres and Zihuatanejo are at the top of our list of vacation destinations - we WILL be back!
Larry and Sheila - Gig Harbor, WA
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Quinta de don Andrés is more than just an accommodation, it is undoubtedly the perfect atmosphere where you can enjoy unforgettable moments, tranquility, and above all, the friendly service of your friends from La Quinta, who wait for you with open arms and wish you a pleasant stay.In this paradise you can find wonderful seaview villas located at “Playa la Madera” in Zihuatanejo, Gro. Mexico ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Evoline ltd and Priceline so you can book your La Quinta de Don Andres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta De Don Andres Hotel Zihuatanejo
- La Quinta Zihuatanejo
- Zihuatanejo La Quinta
- La Quinta Hotel Zihuatanejo