“One of the best”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Port Huron, Michigan
“One of the best”
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

This new restaurant is very popular. It took us 3 weeks before they had a table available in the evening when we walked by (we don't wait for tables in Zihua, there are too many excellent choices).
The wait was worth it. The gourmet menu features food presentations not found around town. The owners treated us like they valued our business, which is another reason they stay packed. And the food was excellent. Good portions, good presentation, and great flavors. We will certainly go back when we return later this year!

Toronto
“Our least fave...”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I don't know what we missed that others on here got, but our breakfast was very lack-luster. I had the breakfast burrito that had nearly no flavour at all. My husband had the egg white omlet and said it also had no taste. Our coffee had a cinnamon flavour to it and when I added sugar it became almost too sweet to drink. We weren't really wanting a 'flavoured' coffee for breakfast either. It wasn't the cheapest and it definitely wasn't the best, which was unfortunate because we had waited to eat there after hearing such great reviews! Plus you are sitting on the road at a table which is somewhat novel, until there is a truck idlilng a few feet away and you get to inhale the fumes while eating.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank LolaRamona
Montgomery, Minnesota
“Great Place!”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We dined at La Terricita three times and had sandwiches made for the way home. This small restaurant is excellent and they pay attention to all the small details. The breakfasts are great. I also had the best Caesar salad I've ever had at La Terricita! Everything is beautiful on the plate and delicious. The young woman who, I think, is the owner is wonderful and quite funny. Can't wait to get back to Zihua to dine here again.

• Visited February 2014
Vancouver, Canada
“Little Gem”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

This is the cutest restaurant along the canal. Loved the food. Good value, nice drinks, excellent service. My favourite restaurant in Zihua. Go early. It's a small place. I wish we could have gone there for breakfast but it didn't work out. Next time for sure.

• Visited February 2014
Three Hills, Alberta
“Still Salivating”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I just couldn't help writing another review.

I haven't been back to Ixtapa/Zihua since November, but I'm still dreaming of the food (and drinks and friendly staff) at La Terracita. Some of our family are down there now, so I've instructed them to go for dinner and take photos of my favourite meals for me.

What can I say...I'm in love.

The location is so peaceful, and my favourite shrimp place in Ixtapa/Zihua (Chendo's) is right next door.

We come all the way from the marina in Ixtapa to eat here ever couple nights, and it's well worth the trip! We're even thinking of staying in La Madera on our next trip so that we can avoid all the cab rides!

-Brendan Fraser