“Wow!!! What a great place to honeymoon!! Welcome to paradise!”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Casa Don Francisco
Ranked #37 of 80 Hotels in Zihuatanejo
POINT RICHMOND, CALIFORNIA
“Wow!!! What a great place to honeymoon!! Welcome to paradise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2009

From the beginning to the end our stay @ Casa Don Francisco was wonderful! We arrived on the 16th to begin our honeymoon, and Erica and her staff went above and beyond what we expected as soon as we saw our room. We stayed in the El Dorado Suite, and our room was tremendous! They made special towel art , left us a cheese basket, and a fruit basket, and filled the room with flowers for us! The room was spectacular. Ours was one of the suites with a private infinity pool. Highly recommend staying in it...just not when we want to book it again! LOL! The views from the suite were out of this world. Erica and the staff keep this hotel in immaculate condition. They were constantly cleaning and maintaining the hotel even though we were the only guests. Breakfast was prepared however we wanted it every day! Edit and Erica are great cooks, and always made sure to make everything memorable that came out of their kitchen. Erica suggested many activities to us. Weparticipated in a number of suggested activities, and they were all wonderful experiences. The restaurants they suggested were great as well! I can not begin to thank them enough for making us feel like celebrities ond/or royalty. What a romantic and private place to enjoy our honeymoon! Everything we requested or asked for was provided. They are wonderful people who take pride in what they do, and we can't wait to get back there. We had the whole place to ourselves for 10 days, and this is one trip we WILL NEVER FORGET! My wife and I were able to really honeymoon in a major way with the help of Erica and her staff. Thanks to Lorena, who went above and beyond the call of duty in making our stay wonderful. Erica, you and your staff(Lorena,Edit, Pepe, Beni, Luis, and who can forget the incomparable Don Juan) really outdid yourselves. I even met Erica's mom and brother, husband, & brother-in-law . Erica introduced me to them as if we were old friends. I posted pictures on my Facebook page telling, and showing, everyone what a great trip we had. It would not have been as good without your help. We are forever indebted to you for your kindness, warmth, and the love that you showed Ginny and I on our honeymoon! We were really made to feel like we were special. We truly did not want to leave. However seeing that we are not independently wealth, our fairytale of a trip had to come to conclusion! What a lovely place to spend our honeymoon. We definitley plan on coming to see all of you again! Los bemos! Brasos y besos! GOd bless U all! David & Ginny Lockett!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DLOCK510

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2009

Just spent 6 days at Don Francisco. The setting was beautiful--we had a view of the ocean and the smell of the water everyday. Pool and hotel are all immaculately kept and comfortable. Also, fresh fruit at morning breakfast can't be beat. Everyone was helpful and patient with my Spanish. Lorena is especially sweet.

We received a FREE upgrade to a room with an infinity pool. We would have been fine with our original room but were pleasantly surprised about the bump up. Just another detail that made the trip wonderful.

Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank alicekat21
Dana Point
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2009

My wife and I stayed here adn we could not have been more pleased. The rooms, staff and overall experience could not have been better. Perhaps one of the best travel values I have run across in quite some time. An abosulute must if you are heading to Zuhuat!

MC
Dana Point, CA

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Campspeed
california
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2009

My wife and I stayed at Hotel Casa Don Francisco in January 2009 for 10 days. Erica was always there to help and offer advise about the area. The grounds, pool and room were immaculate. Lorena and Edith took care of all are needs. I have stayed at several places in the La Ropa area and this is one of the best.

• Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank aboutstyle
Royal Oak, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2009

When I thought it couldn't possible get any better, Erica and her sister, Edid, surprise me with something new. This was my fifth year spending the month of February. As always, the gardens were beautiful, the infinity pool refreshing after a hard day at the beach and their restaurant La Perla. This year Edid showed off her cooking talents with some delicious food at breakfast. This was over and above the eggs any style, frijoles, fresh fruits, fresh squeezed orange juice, toasted bolillos, freshly made tortillas, cereal and yogurt. Her special dishes included: nopales( sauteed cactus), chilaquilles (yum), carne de puerco en salsa, and home made tamales, double yum. My mouth is still watering! Erica is meticulous about cleanliness and maintenance. The wooden support beams were all being oiled and the ceiling fans removed, cleaned and repainted. Edid's kitchen is the cleanest I've ever been in and I observed her (during our little cooking lesson) wash, rinse and drain the peruano beans at least five times before putting them in the pot to boil. Erica is very helpful in setting up other adventures. This year Frederique took us on his panga to Manzanillo Bay snorkeling. Experienced in Scuba, and concerned for the sea life and coral, Frederique made this more than just your average snorkeling trip. His information was interesting and he pointed out other things that would have gone unnoticed. What makes Erica's hotel sucessful with guests returning year after year is her commitment to excellent service. The rest of her staff work very hard to make this the perfect place to stay. Erica invariably asks me what she can do to make my stay nicer. She accepts all suggestion and welcomes feedback. The only drawback was that I left feeling I hadn't stayed long enough. I also left with a torta in my purse. Erica made me a ham and panella cheese sandwhich for the long flight home. Yum!! Thanks, Erica and Edid and the rest of the Casa Don staff! I love you all! Next year, seis semanas!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank SenoritaClaudia
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2009

We just returned from our daughter's wedding in Zihuatanejo. We stayed at Casa Don Francisco. The staff was wonderful. They cooked us breakfast to order, greeted us with cold drinks, arranged taxis, and just made us feel incredibly welcome. Our room had a private infinity pool and beautiful view, so even at night we could enjoy cooling off under the stars. The beach is a very short walk away, and they reserved beach chairs and umbrellas down the beach in front of their restaurant. It is a beautiful place to relax at very affordable prices.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank MFSSantaBarbara
Oceanside, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2009

The ambiance, rooms and tropical gardens were gorgeous. Erica and her staff made us feel like family visiting from out of town. With only 8 rooms available on site, they were able to provide a personal touch that one would not get at the bigger resorts. The price includes a full service custom breakfast on a common terrace with the other guests overlooking the ocean.

The sounds of the ocean were relaxing and in the mornings we were greeted by pleasant bird chirpings.

Located on a hill overlooking the ocean and seconds to the beach.

I would definitely return to this quaint and special hotel.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple