“Wow !!!”

Ranked #25 of 322 Restaurants in Zihuatanejo
Price range: US$7 - US$19
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Good atmosphere with excellent location, nice italian music, outdoor tables with fans, tables inside with fans and romantic.
B.C.
“Wow !!!”
Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

What a fabulous eatery !!! Fresh made in house cuisine and impeccable wait staff .... Such a treat to find hidden away in Zihuataneo !!!!

Visited March 2014
11 Thank MissQ69

Granada, Spain
“Not as good as last year”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I wish I could write a better review as we greatly enjoyed this restaurant last year. However this year we weren't quite so impressed. First of all my husband ordered a pina colada, which had to be sent back as neither of us could taste any alcohol in it. The return drink really tasted no better but he gave up at that point.

My husband noticed that on the menu they had linguini with a sauce of clams and other seafood. He particularly likes linguini vongole, so he asked Sabrina (being Italian) if the dish on the menu could be made just with clams. She told us it could. However the waiter when we tried to order it, had different ideas and told us it was not possible as the marinera sauce was pre-cooked!!!!! We were horrified so my husband choice another dish. A diner on the table next to us, who had heard the converation quietly told us that we had made the right decision not to have the seafood linguini.

Instead my husband had the penne aribata and I had the lasagne, both of which were OK but not as good as other Zihua restaurants, who cook these dishes and my lasagne was certainly not freshly made.

We did try to talk to Sabrina afterwards about our experience and sadly she just walked off.....

3 Thank MargaretGranada
Chilliwack, Canada
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

This is the second time we have eaten at this lovely authentic Italian restaurant. I must say both owners have really improved the restaurant food and service since opening last year. It was very good last year but this year they surpassed all our expectations and more. What a great couple and such fine service. They abundantly care that you are happy with the service and food. The quality and flavour is that of fine dining. I went to take a photo of the owner "Chef" cooking in the back on his birthday and he proudly gathered his cooking staff together and said "My team". From our experience it is a winning team!

Visited February 2014
12 Thank Brenda P
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
“La Vita'e Bella a travelers food review”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Mexico's Zihuatanejo, colonia centro, is a place where annual visitors and foreign residence once called "the village." Today, decades later, it is a growing city, a beach lined bay on the Costa Grande. It may have outlived its old world charm, though Mexican folk art and an intrinsic local elegance are till here to be discovered.
Recently, a new restaurant opened in Zihuatanejo centro. Over the years, this location has seen earnest efforts to survive the challenge of providing fine dinning restaurants. The restaurants new name is La Vita'e Bella: Life is beautiful in romantic Italian.
The new owners are an authentic Italian couple, landed gently, Sabrina and Emanuel. To find the way inquiring visitors may be directed by locals who respond: "oh, you mean Sabrina's?" This due to her bright visibility no doubt, the name is taking hold. Sabrina is the picture of a young Italian girl; petite, nimble and high spirited. Emanuel is tall and fit, a virtual leading man. He is the Captain who reigns supreme over his ship; La Vita'e Bella.
Guests are served by courteous waiters who are knowledgeable and happy to answer any questions. Both they, and the efficient, hardworking kitchen staff aim to please, "Aye, aye, Captain."
The sound system is subtle. Ask for Italian opera, it enhances the food - my opinion - and all of the dinner music is well chosen.
At La Vita'e Bella, I rediscovered my grandmothers deeply missed, perfect Italian red sauce. Also choices of creamy white sauce and a garlic/virgin olive oil, spiced with a fresh basil for a rich pesto. On their diverse menu, the pasta choices often hold me in a flux, when I am torn between the sumptuous linguini and Sabrina's first class ravioli, handmade by the lady and her mother, then cooked to perfection; "Ahh, that's Italian."
Salad is an irresistible starter to Italian food. These are beautifully plated and provide a medley of fresh, ripe ingredients with a choice of dressings.
Bread comes to the table warm and appetizing, I always request the triangular shaped schiacciata (ski-ah-chi-ata); these are heavenly when broken into bite size pieces. A discriminating dinner creates a shallow puddle of olive oil on a side dish provided, it is authentic to salt this to taste, as well as a few drops of balsamic vinegar, also provided and... Bene!
THe menu also features fish: Mahi Mahi, Tuna steaks, shrimps and calamari.
Meat lovers have mouthwatering selections to choose from: Grilled pork chops, rib eye sliced and delectable, beef steak and broiled chicken.
Pizza? Of course! Traditional Italian incrediance offer a choice of "pies," including a surprising pizza, "Ruela," topped with arugula and pomadorini! One diner described it as "salad pizza," it came highly recommended.
All of La Vita'e Bella's wines, both red and white, are harmonious with the kitchens high standards.
Sabrinas delicious Italian coffee is made to order, an excellent finishing touch.
Finally, the brave and insatiable could order a digestive, the Italian Grappa or the delicate Frangelico, or other fine night caps.
Look for La Vita'e Bella's lovely arched windows, indoor/outdoor seating, and for the joyful sight of Sabrina as she welcomes guests into Emanuel and Sabrinas Beautiful Life; flowing like water through La Vita'e Bella's wide open doors! Mangia!
La Vita'e Bella is located on Calle Hermegildo #15, esq. Nicolas Bravo, Col. Centro, Zihuatanejo, Guerrero
Reservations: 755-112-2114

Ana della Marina Rego

12 Thank ana d
Depoe Bay, Oregon
“A wonderful new addition to the Zihuatanejo Restaurant Scene”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

La Vita e' Bella may be the best restaurant in Zihua. We ate there last year when Sabrina and Manuel had just bought it. We have now eaten there 5 times this February and will go back again in a couple of days. The Eggplant Parmesan is "to die for" (and I don't normally care for eggplant!). The tuna is cooked to perfections. I have had two different ravioli dishes (Sabrina makes the ravioli from scratch); both were excellent. My adult son had a pork dish one evening (it was their special that night) and he said it was exceptional.

14 Thank Nancy M