So what sets Club Intrawest apart. It is the only resort in the Playa La Ropa section of Zihuatanejo that has spectacular views resulting from their hillside terraced structure and direct beach access. We are members of Club Intrawest and this was our first visit to this location.
We were there from September 19th-25th 2011, the tail end of the rainy season. There have been a couple of comments on bugs and mosquitoes- there were some but this is the tropics and in the rainy moisture rich time of the year it's to be expected. Nothing out of the ordinary. We've traveled throughout Central America and Asia at various times during the summer / rainy season months so that is our point of reference.
Our room was fantastic- you opened the doors and what a view of the Bay!
Special note on the hospitality of the entire staff- restaurant, pool/beach area, maid- all were very welcoming and excellent attention to detail. The room was beautifully cared for- there were some torrential rains due to a passing hurricane (made for great evening light shows) when we returned to our room the clothes we'd left on the terrace were all taken in under shelter. Very much appreciated.
Exchange rate- I had read some of the reviews so was skittish and did make a special trip into town to use an ATM- Well frankly a mistake in our case- depending on what amount you exchange you incur an ATM service fee that you need to comprehend and factor in. At the Club the exchange was 11 to 1 which when you compare with ATM with fees was comparable.
We used the meal plan for some of our meals (breakfasts and several dinners). We found it easy and intuitive. Note on the prices- for the quality the Zi restaurant was very reasonable and the prices compared favorably with several other places we ate at in the La Ropa area. The food was spectacular very innovative cuisine- we're foodies and were impressed. Try Mexican red wines.
Very enjoyable and relaxing. Will come again even in the rainy season! In fact there are things about the rainy season that are appealing- less crowds!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront Villas on the Mexican Riviera Club Intrawest is a private vacation club. From time to time, Guests are invited to stay at the Club on a nightly, cash basis. The Club is located on Playa la Ropa – the most exclusive beach in Zihuatanejo. Vacation Homes cascade down the hillside offering panoramic views of Zihuatanejo Bay. Enjoy casual dining by the infinity pool or in the restaurant under the giant palapa roof. Club Intrawest – Zihuatanejo reflects its spectacular oceanfront location in a stunning open-air design and innovative architecture. Terraces offer sweeping ocean views from every angle. Uniquely designed villas feature hand-cut tiles, wood furnishings and bright fabrics, all locally crafted to reflect the rich culture of the region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Embarc Zihuatanejo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Intrawest - Zihuatanejo Hotel Zihuatanejo
- Hotel Intrawest Zihuatanejo
- Intrawest Zihuatanejo