“Our Paradise”

Ranked #11 of 79 Hotels in Zihuatanejo
Kirkland, Washington
“Our Paradise”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Muchas Gracias to the wonderful staff (Marie, Hugo, Alma, Miguel, Alfredo, Eloy,--everyone!!). We spent nine days at the club, including New Year's Eve and had a terrific time. If you're looking for pampered relaxation with good food and a beautiful beach, this is the place! The service at Acopio (new restaurant) is outstanding. The food was delicious and satisfying. Even the room service food including the La Madera breakfast and the chile relleno was so tasty, we ended up eating more at the resort than we had planned. One of my most heavenly days included Lime Mahi-mahi for lunch on the beach under a palapa. We plan to enjoy it all again with our family this spring. Our young adult children enjoy Club Intrawest as much as we do.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank NorthwestFam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

This was my 11th visit to this club and as always, it was an enjoyable one. The staff is awesome! Everybody was so friendly and accommodating. The new thing about this visit is acopio, the restaurant that replaced Zi. Chef Mario has made some great changes to the menu being much more reasonably priced but still very tasty. Even the drinks at the Surf Club (pool bar) are much more reasonable. We definitely will look forward to our next trip here!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Chauvin_sea
Berkeley, California
Reviewed 11 December 2013

We just returned, and it was lovely. The resort is quite nice-- perfect location, clean, and very well run. The staff, and I mean every single person, was fantastic. The stairs were not an issue, and neither were the bugs. The beach is fantastic, but don't expect waves. I am not sure that a real foodie would find Zihua the home of the great meal, but we liked the search. The ginger margarita at La Sirena Gorda is worth the trip. Pady's on the beach has a fantastic flourless chocolate cake. Prices everywhere are reasonable, and the few higher priced restaurants were not worth the price difference. I didn't think a fishing village would overcook every piece of fish I tried! Acopio, at the club, is a good choice. For breakfast, the Green Juice and the frittata make a perfect start to the day. The flank steak at dinner was both seasoned and cooked perfectly. The town is filled with tourist goodies. Not my first choice. There is an interesting shop called Frutti Kake (?) that has some nice things. Again, at every turn, we were impressed by the friendliness. The waitstaff and sales staff wanted only to be helpful. We will return next year.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank arh58
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We read many negative reviews prior to our arrival, but the pictures of this lovely resort tell the truth. My wife and I visited for a week in early October; low season in Mexico. No guarantees for rooms (HGVC exchange). But we had a one bedroom, two bath we a tremendous balcony and view of the bay. Friendly and responsive staff, from check-in until departure. Lots of stairs and tile floors, so being in decent shape is an asset. Wi-fi in our room was excellent. Massage was good, but right on the beach, so the locals playing soccer on the beach can be annoying, if you prefer quiet. Happy Hour was enjoyable with good company. Imagine it would not be fun in high season.
There were some mosquitos, but they didn't bother us. We met others who had the opposite experience. Rather than being repetitious, I would agree with most positive reviews.
LaRopa beach was good for walking and excellent choices for food and drink.
Tip: if flying in from Mexico City airport, buy your pesos there; easier and better rate.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Vincent M
Sudbury Canada
Reviewed 28 November 2013

We shared a two bedroom suite with kitchenette with some friends. Hotel is designed for privacy, even on the balcony we did not see our neighbours and the view was spectacular. Clean, (They actually filter the beach sand every day where the lawn chairs are situated) beautiful grounds, with easy access to la Ropa beach. Do bring snorkling equipment (or rent) since there is an ideal spot walking distance from the hotel's beach. They also rent kayaks. Wonderful, friendly and helpful staff. Marie Cummings, (Canadian) the Club Manager was especially helpful and took the time to greet the customers, every day. Restarurant offered excellent and varied selection of food and everything was reasonably priced. We really enjoyed their beach dinner BBQ with fish caught that same morning. They are very involved with releasing turtles safely to the ocean and if your are lucky you may be able to participate in their efforts. Walking distance to the village of zihuatenejo. Massage therapist services offered through the hotel which are much better than what you would get on the beach but is more of a relaxing massage versus a therapeutic massage. Gym is well equiped and offers a nice view of the ocean. (Yoga enthusiasts, do visit Patty's restaurant, a very short walk on the beach).

Room Tip: Some rooms are very far from the beach and necessitate a uphil hike. They do have golf cart service...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank JubeSudburyCanada
Louisville, Colorado
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Late October is low season here, and we got lots of attention from the staff. I can hardly say how well we were treated. I know the bellmen are working for tips, and I went out of my way to find opportunities for them to serve me, my wife, and sister, during our week and a half stay there, because of how warm and personable they all were. I don't think they were so friendly just to get the tips, though, and they couldn't make much of a living on just what I was tipping them, but they went out of their way just the same.
The resort is a gem...however, their highly rated restaurant was closed for updating while we were there, which is a shame, because I really would have liked to have given it a try. that's my only complaint on this trip, and the reason I bumped it down one notch on the rating.
the thing I loved the best was the location on Playa La Ropa, one of the nicest sand beaches on the Pacific Coast of Mexico. the resort is situated so one can swim in the surf and return to the pool/lounge area within steps, and walking up an down the beach was a favorite pastime.

Room Tip: we had a one bedroom villa on one of the mid levels above the pool. good because access to the beach...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank John H
Decatur, Georgia
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I made a reservation for a week's stay at this Club/Hotel back in August as a gift for my wife's birthday, paying in advance through Expedia. Unfortunately a family medical situation makes it impossible for us to go, and we learned of this after the cancellation date. As a result we are out $1K for a hotel stay we won't be taking. The company refused to be the least bit flexible, even when the extenuating situation was explained to them. I understand that companies have rules, but they've lost all credibility with me.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple