First and foremost, there are alot of stairs, I counted over 220 from the beach to our room, a lookout. Even the golf carts would only take you so far, still the stairs. After a week I am in much better shape though.
The views from our room, though not unobstructed were beautiful and the room was very nicely arranged. The lookout is hte top room in the building and is small, as there were only two of us it was adequate, though a drawback is an outdoor shower, if my wife was about six inches taller she would have provided a show. A row or two of glass block would have been nice.
The staff was always friendly and on the spot helpful if needed. The two pools were very nice and the swim up bar had some pretty tasty drinks as well. The beach front was nice, plenty of beach and a cordoned off area to keep the vendors in line. I read reviews about the vendors being bothersome but I did not find that at all. Of course they were there but not at all pushy, and, after all, that is how they make their living!
I would recommend this to anyone who wants to visit Zihautanejo, is looking for spectacular views away from the town itself.
Couple things though about the cabs, they all seem to have set prices from the airport to the resort 35 USD and our guy refused to stop at a store on the way in. Return to the airport was on 28 USD but he stopped so my wife could purchase a tee shirt.
The best way around are the "Combi's", vans that run regularly down to town, Centro and then up the hill Playa la Ropa for about 6 to 11 pesos per person.
Walking to town is easy, all downhill, the walk back is a bit more daunting and the taxis seem to raise their prices the closer you get to the resort.
Lots of great people in and around the town both locals and regular vacationers as well as the newcomers.
All in all a good time and great resort!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront Villas on the Mexican Riviera Club Intrawest is a private vacation club. From time to time, Guests are invited to stay at the Club on a nightly, cash basis. The Club is located on Playa la Ropa – the most exclusive beach in Zihuatanejo. Vacation Homes cascade down the hillside offering panoramic views of Zihuatanejo Bay. Enjoy casual dining by the infinity pool or in the restaurant under the giant palapa roof. Club Intrawest – Zihuatanejo reflects its spectacular oceanfront location in a stunning open-air design and innovative architecture. Terraces offer sweeping ocean views from every angle. Uniquely designed villas feature hand-cut tiles, wood furnishings and bright fabrics, all locally crafted to reflect the rich culture of the region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Evoline ltd, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Embarc Zihuatanejo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Intrawest - Zihuatanejo Hotel Zihuatanejo
- Hotel Intrawest Zihuatanejo
- Intrawest Zihuatanejo