These reviews were all spot on! My husband and I came here for our honeymoon and we could not have asked for a better place! I don't even know where to start... When we first got there we were greeted by Alma at the front desk with cold waters and scented towels. Alma was always smiling and so helpful everyday! Our room was just like the pictures you see on here and on the website. It's so amazing to be able to keep our doors open and be able to see outside if you were just sitting on your bed. It was mosquito season though and pretty humid so we chose to keep them closed. We did keep the blinds open so we could hear the ocean better at night. Speaking of mosquitoes, we were told by others at the resort that they bought the deep woods OFF spray. We didn't end up buying any and just dealt with it, but I would advise it (and anti-itch cream as well). The mosquitoes don't swarm around you or anything,you actually barely know you are being bit until you notice the itching later. Our room was sprayed twice during our stay which I could tell made a difference, but it really wasn't that bad as to where I wouldn't go back that time of year again.
Happy hour was always fun. It was low season, so it was usually all the same people down at the swim up bar. Everyone there was so nice too, it's like you have to meet the "nice and friendly" criteria before being allowed to stay there for something haha. The staff remember who you are as well, so you really do feel more like a friend or family staying there than a room number. Procoro and Alfredo were always smiling and helpful, asking how you are doing everyday etc.
To be more helpful here are some things we did or places we ate etc...
1.) romantic dinner on the beach (hence it was our honeymoon and all :) ): the staff set up 2 canopies about 3 hours before the dinner. That is how much time they put into making it special. Alfredo was our waiter and he just treated us like royalty. Now you will have people or locals on the beach during the dinner but we didn't mind it. There was a local guy making a sand sculpture in front of us who we later saw it was for a couples engagement photo, so that was kind of like entertainment even. Oh, and the food was excellent!!
2.) massage on the beach through the resort. Incredible and incredibly inexpensive ($20 for 50 min). I got mine at 10am, I swear no one woke up and came around until like noon there. Absolute silence but the waves crashing and thunder rolling in. And it wasn't as hot at that time, so I would recommend earlier times.
3.) market/cooking class through the resort. This was so neat, bc you went to the market with a guide and the head chef at the resort. We bought the food we were going to be making together at the market and of course you could buy other things too (we bought some vanilla). They gave us a lot of samples to try during the tour too and taught us about them. We would not have gone to this market had we not been in this group. This was a nice cultural experience that I wouldn't pass up! Then we came back to the restaurant where they had our own individual cutting boards etc and we chopped the ingredients as we watched them cook the ingredients for our lunch. This is when we got to know people at the resort and became friends with for the rest of the trip. The food was amazing and you got to keep the recipes.
4.) walking into town: there is a cement path that you can easily walk to within 5 minutes if that from leaving the resort. This path is right along the ocean, safe, and has pretty views as you go. We walked into town every time and walked back, it can be steep (downhill to tone, uphill back). Cab rides are very cheap too, many people did that but we liked the exercise. The market is huge in town and a lot of the same stuff. There are a lot of nice "boutique-like" stores downtown too. This was a bit of a walk, but we walked to the huge grocery store to get food for the week and there are cabs sitting there waiting outside. Inexpensive cab ride back.
5.) deep sea fishing: we went with ****. He walks along the beach, so the resort obviously doesn't recommend going through them but we knew other people did. We were safe, but we were out about 6-7 miles, big waves, took a Dramamine so we were fine nausea wise but....I was falling asleep the whole time. Didn't catch much but I blame my husbands bad fishing ora.
6.) food: the restaurant food was always good
- il maros ( 2 min walk from resort) Italian. Amazing view of Zihuatenjo
- Bandido in town
- patty's - a few min walk on beach from resort.
To wrap it up, this isn't your typical cancun/cabos night life/party atmosphere. It is nice and quiet and relaxing and you feel like you're the only resort that exists in Zihuatenjo. Ixtapa is more like that touristy feel. But if you want a relaxing, cultural place this is the place to go. PERFECT for a honeymoon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront Villas on the Mexican Riviera Club Intrawest is a private vacation club. From time to time, Guests are invited to stay at the Club on a nightly, cash basis. The Club is located on Playa la Ropa – the most exclusive beach in Zihuatanejo. Vacation Homes cascade down the hillside offering panoramic views of Zihuatanejo Bay. Enjoy casual dining by the infinity pool or in the restaurant under the giant palapa roof. Club Intrawest – Zihuatanejo reflects its spectacular oceanfront location in a stunning open-air design and innovative architecture. Terraces offer sweeping ocean views from every angle. Uniquely designed villas feature hand-cut tiles, wood furnishings and bright fabrics, all locally crafted to reflect the rich culture of the region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Embarc Zihuatanejo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Intrawest - Zihuatanejo Hotel Zihuatanejo
- Hotel Intrawest Zihuatanejo
- Intrawest Zihuatanejo