All reviews club intrawest dip pool swim up bar beautiful resort cooking class bath unit il mare adult pool outdoor shower happy hour playa la ropa club members shutter doors lounge chairs welcome home small kitchen low season
Reviewed 14 June 2018

I had concerns booking here as the resort has alot of stairs. My husband could not walk very far due to a bad hip. Upon arrival I expressed my concerns and was shown beforehand to a perfect room on the shuttle route with a nice ocean view. They were able to take us to the restaurants and pool with ease and just a few steps for hubby. Eloy was the main driver for us and was so nice and respectful. As all of the employees at this resort are.
Our room was a 1 bedroom, although the bedroom really has no sound privacy as there are shutter doors that open up to the living room and overlooks the balcony and view. My one complaint about the rooms are there are no windows in the living area. The big slider doors that open up to the balcony are solid wood. It is very dark when the doors are closed. It would be nice to put windows in the upper part of the doors. The views are beautiful with the doors open, but in comes all those mosquitoes. I got bit on my eyelid my second night in our bedroom and my eye was swollen shut for most of the day. But it is the tropics;). Bring bugspray.
The beds were very comfy.
We enjoyed our balcony (after applying bug spray) for coffee, reading and lounging. We had a cool plunge pool on our balcony and a outdoor shower and toilet that we enjoyed very much.Also a full size table to eat at. We did not leave our room 2 days of our week long stay because it was so relaxing.
There is a small fridge,microwave,cookware for skillet type cooking. They had a electric fry pan and I believe a plug in cook top. I did not use them.There is plenty of glassware and dishes. They supply dishsoap and a scrubby.
I took a cab for $5.00 to the grocery store just a 10 minute drive away. Picked up some beers and snack items.
We used the water from the tap for making ice and coffee. No issues it is safe to drink. They do have ice machines and free washer and dryers for you to use.
The food here is very good. We ate burgers, tacos and Highly reccomend the Ancestory dinner.
There is a two for one happy hour at the pool daily from 3iish to 4:30.The prices for drinks and food was very reasonable.
There is a kids pool that we usually lounged at. Never more than a few kids in, It is right next to the adult pool. The bar is between the two pools. We did not have to worry about getting lounge chairs at the kids pool. But folks would save chairs around the adult pool. We did manage to snag some at the adult pool one day. You know how people get to a resort and kind of claim there spot for the week:)
There is plenty of lounge chairs down at the beach area also. Lots of shade too. There were a few beach vendors selling there wares.There is a fenced area on the beach for the resort. There was also a gal selling items up by the pool a few days. Prices were good.
Also a highlite is painting a piece of Mexican pottery down with the ladies to the left of the pools. We also purchased some bowls and trays from them.
I had a massage at the hotel for $18. It was a 50 minute and was O.K. Also a pedicure for $15. Nothing fancy. She puts your foot in a plastic wash basin. It was basic and O.K.
The best massage I had was on the beach at the 2nd tent. $11.00 and one of the best Ive had ever. also 50 mins.
There is a small store for emergency items i would say. The suntan lotion was $18-$20 american dollars.The suntan?sunscreen is expensive at the stores too.
Going into town was so fun. $3.00 cab ride. There are shops after shops. The farther back you go into the market stalls the prices are a little less. Go early, it gets hot in those tents.
We loved it here, Every person who works here was so nice.
We have found our new place to vacation in Mexico!

Stayed: April 2018
1  Thank BeachElena
Reviewed 28 May 2018

This is such a beautiful hotel. The view from the balcony is amazing. The units are super clean and comfortable. Going down to the beach is easy going up is hard but we always called the divers to take us up in the golf carts to our unit

Stayed: June 2017
Reviewed 21 May 2018

Beautiful architecture, immaculate property, incredibly friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating staff. Add incredible views and the sound of the ocean to lull you to sleep - what’s not to love? There are two beautiful pools with a bar and lunchtime patio seating adjacent. The restaurant offers breakfast and dinner with some great specials.

Room Tip: Make sure you reserve an ocean view room. Most are but there are a few tucked back in.
Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jrrock7
Reviewed 7 May 2018

If you like the idea of listening to the waves breaking on the shore while you sleep, this clean, a la cart, reasonably priced, full service paradise is for you. Room service, pool service, beach service, close to many restaurants and has good food for reasonable prices right at the resort!

Room Tip: Get ocean view
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank jetjockey01ak
Reviewed 3 May 2018

Very nice room, friendly and helpful staff. Great WiFi internet in the room. Nice pool and ocean access. This is our 3rd trip and the first for the two friends with us. Nice time visiting the city. Fortunately no construction noise going on at this time.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends