This is a small budget friendly bed and breadfast in the Playa Madera area of Zihatanejo. We found the location to be very convenient, a five minute walk from the beach and Calle Adelita. There certainly are some sketchy houses in this area (never saw the cockfights another reviewer mention), but think that is consistent with most of downtown and the Madera area. I would recommend staying in Ixtapa or La Ropa if you are looking for something more "Americanized."
We stayed in the Junior Suite for $65/night. The room was definately basic, but clean and provided everything we were looking for. We were allowed to use the shared kitchen, which we found very helpful.
The owner (Deborah) was helpful in restaurant suggestions and providing directions. When I wasn't feeling well, she offered to share some of her food and medications to get me back on my feet. The pool was wells kept and nice to cool off in on a hot day.
- little storage space if you have lots of luggage
- beds are the hard, typical Mexican bed (probably consistent with what you will find in this area)
- there were some loud guests staying in the hotel and made it very difficult to sleep - definately bring your earplugs if you are a light sleeper
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- ¡Viva Mexico! Here in our small but pleasant hotel in Zihuatanejo at the "Costa Grande" of the Pacific you really live this lifestyle. Away from mass tourism, but not off from real life, you can enjoy your holiday. Our hotel offers: 3 comfortable rooms for 2-3 persons with bathroom, minibar. 2 Apartments with 1 bedroom, bathroom, fully equipped kitchen, living and dining area, for up to 5 people. 1 Penthouse with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a large open kitchen with bar and dining area on a spacious sun terrace with deck chairs and a hammock. All rooms are lovely decorated in traditional Mexican style with carved wooden furniture and features from Michoacan and count with ceiling fans, air condition and cable TV. WIFI and purified water are available free for our guests. Just 5-10 walking minutes from the beaches "La Madera" or "La Ropa", or from downtown everyone finds what he needs.In downtown the vibrant life at the Central Market with its colorful variety of fresh foods as well as every kind of shops, bars and restaurants that meet almost any taste. The beaches in the city and outskirts offer a variety of entertaining activities such as Banana boat, para-sailing, or horseback riding.Other attractions are tours for snorkeling, diving or deep sea fishing, which can be booked directly at the hotel. For our guests, we also offer a quad and bike rental so you can explore the area on your own. Peace seekers may enjoy the extent miles at the beaches of "Playa Blanca" Playa Larga "or at the lagoon in "Barra de Potosi." Our hotel pool area with sun loungers and a covered rest area offers you opportunity to relax with your favorite drink. ... more less