“Great Trip!”
Review of Amuleto

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Zihuatanejo
Amuleto
Ranked #3 of 79 Hotels in Zihuatanejo
“Great Trip!”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Excellent food, view, and service. Highly reccomended!!! We had to force ourselves to leave hotel. I even forgot my bathing suit while drying at hotel and was sent within 2 weeks to US. Thanks Amuleto for such a wonderful stay in Zihua! :)

Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Burbank, California
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Fellow travelers, if you’ve stumbled upon Amuleto’s page, your research should end here! Before proceeding to writing my review, here are some quick facts about my trip: I traveled during the early month of May (in search of some tranquility from the bustling city life). Being my first time traveling to Mexico, I had a wonderful experience not only with the country but more importantly with my stay at Amuleto.

Here are my top 3 three reasons that make Amuleto the best choice when staying in Zihuatenejo.

THE VIEW
To wake up overseeing the ocean while birds quietly chirp in the background, let’s just say it doesn’t get any more serene than this! Each individual room at Amuleto provides a view of the coast while the hotel is nestled amongst mountains that provide a calm escape. Architecturally, every room has been designed so that each day’s sunrise welcomes you with its rays and every sunset settles you into the night. If you have the opportunity to stay in one of the rooms with its own private infinity pool, you can enjoy some margaritas while overlooking the Pacific Coast.

THE STAFF
Courteous, hospitable, and attentive describe the staff of Amuleto best. I was impressed by how thoughtful, cheerful and personable the staff made me feel throughout my visit- these are qualities that can be a challenging on a daily basis, but somehow the staff at Amuleto has been cloned to do just that! Here’s a perfect example- Over a brief conversation I mentioned my latest hobby of collecting wine corks, the next day I had a bag full of corks gathered by Juan, who himself is a collector, kindly shared his corks with me. I wish I could have personally thanked every staff member before my departure, but I hope that in posting this online they will know the trip was all the more memorable because of their humble, gracious and warm smiles.

THE EXQUISITE CUISINE
As if the location, view and hospitality weren’t enough, Amuleto has perfectly crafted every single item on the hotel’s menu. There is absolutely no need to leave the hotel when you’ve got some of the best dining options in all of Zihuatenejo! Keep in mind Zihuatenejo is a fishing village, so if seafood is a part of your pallet, do not forgo eating some of the freshest and tastiest dishes prepared at the restaurant (I personally recommend the seared ahi tuna). If you enjoy cocktails, the margaritas are a cool refresher. However, if you dare be a little risky I will suggest a shot of Mezcal. Served at room temperature with slices of oranges and grasshopper chili powder (yes, I said grasshopper), the pairing of these three items will blend so smoothly in your mouth it’ll make you want to slap your mama!

Amuleto is a hotel worth experiencing for the traveler who wants a relaxing and indulging vacation!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Diane818
Santa Monica
Reviewed 28 April 2013

My girlfriend (now fiance) and I traveled to Zihuatanejo in mid-February and had the best hotel experience to date. We booked the room through the owner, who happens to be a native of LA, and he was incredibly helpful the entire time. Once we arrived, we were taken care of from start to finish. The entire hotel staff ensures that you'll have everything you need to make your vacation amazing. The rooms are incredibly clean and the turndown service is really cool (flowers, etc.). I'd recommend springing for the upgraded suites as the private pool, outdoor showers and bathrooms are truly awesome. I definitely miss the hotel (and Zihua) and will be back as soon as possible.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the larger suites! Do it!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Benjamin O
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 7 April 2013

My husband and another couple wanted a vacation that was relaxing, casual, but with touch of luxury. Amuleto was perfect. The rooms are all a bit different - my husband and I stayed in Main Suite, #1 which is stunning! It's huge, with a king bed, plunge pool, lots of space to hang out and of course an amazing view. The food also was exceptional, and I would say some of the best that we've had in Zihatanejo. My husband is vegan, and each morning they prepared something special just for him. The staff is professional, and friendly and another thing I noticed is that the hotel is spotless! This is the sort of hotel that you quietly lounge around. You can have drinks / food by the pool, sunset drinks in the bar area, a beautiful dinner etc. We'll be back.

Room Tip: All rooms have amazing views. We stayed in Main suite #1 which was huge!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sea-nyc
Guadalajara, Mexico
Reviewed 4 April 2013

We went to Amuleto a couple of weeks ago, and well outstanding is just one word for it, the whole place is incredible from the service, to the food, the rooms and the views. The staff is just amazing they looked after us the entire time we where there, from a cup a coffee at breakfast to the snacks and drinks at the pool, it was just great. Regarding the hotel is just out of this world the infinite pool, the view to the port from the pool, room or restaurant was unreal, and the place it self is so peaceful and relaxing we did not leave the hotel in our entire stay. The food and drinks well, superb there were dinners from 3 to 6 courses and all of the dishes we tasted were excellent and very sophisticated, even if you don't get to stay at the hotel the food is highly recommended. The rooms were huge and the open shower on room 1 with a view to the port was nothing I ever seen before definitely a first time experience and hopefully not the last one. The infinite pool, was just great I probably spent a couple of hours a day there having some whiskies and margaritas just the best spot to chill in the hotel. Last but not least the owners Ricardo and Neca, were just great I met them there for the first time and they are really cool and warm people definitely my kind of people and the work they have done on the place is out of this world, Amuleto is a most visit, hopefully we will be back soon !

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank robf430
guadalajara
Reviewed 24 March 2013 via mobile

Staying at amuleto was the incredible! First of all the arrival is so unique since the entrance has the highest view of the playa la ropa bay... A special margarita is welcoming you... Staff is soo lovely and I really don't know how they do that, they are to always there for the guest but at the same time you don't see anyone... You feel so total privacy. Totally recommend to have the tuna sandwich by the pool...
Bedrooms are soo surreal... The true is perhaps you don't even get out from your bedroom since you have service, pool, view, massage all in there. Every corner is a detail of how much effort and love the owners Ricardo & Neca have been putting at Amuleto. The menu is another must try!! The flavours are so specials....
Can't wait to enjoy Amuleto's environment again...
See you soon!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank losenott
Austin, TX
Reviewed 20 March 2013

There's not much more that can be said - Amuleto is an amazing hotel, with impeccable taste and design, exception service from the staff, and outstanding cuisine. Nestled in the hills above Zihuatanejo Bay, it's reputation of having one of the best pools in Mexico held true - it's the best view I've had in Mexico and rivals the beauty I've only seen in Kauai's Hanalei Bay.

Each room is perfectly designed to fit the natural topography of the land - all with their own private decks and views of the bay (most also with their own pool). Handcrafted furniture with old world charm has been curated to outfit the rooms - providing tasteful compliments to more modern amenities (recessed spotlighting with dimmers, cold A/C, refrigerators). The bathrooms are superior - ours was open spaced and set outside of the room, with a custom rainfall shower above a tiled bath. Liberating.

The food was among the best we sampled during our visit. There's not reason to venture off too far. Breakfasts where exceptional - with specials every morning (I recommend the enchiladas and chilaquiles). The octopus salad at dinner was also fantastic. We were greeted with a margarita and fresh made guacamole - quickly becoming staples of our time there.

I can't say enough about the service. Not once did we go without. Not once did I have to give my room number when placing an order. And the turndown service - I don't know how they did it. Our room was cleaned twice daily without us evening seeing anyone come or go.

This is highly recommended. I hope to return soon.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends