“Still my favorite hotel, excellent service!!!”
Review of Amuleto

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Zihuatanejo
Amuleto
Ranked #3 of 79 Hotels in Zihuatanejo
santa monica
“Still my favorite hotel, excellent service!!!”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I went back to AMULETO this past december, a year since my last visit. The hotel is still my favorite place in Mexico and one of the best hotels I have been in the world. I love the fact that the service is so over the top, with locals that speak english fluently (a rarity in Mexico), super attentive and willing to go an extra mile for their guests. The new menu is simply fabulous with both fish and meat dishes that could be in any of the top LA restaurants.

Then there is the view, that I never get tired of taking in (and I have been to this hotel a few times by now). I love the view from above, we can see the beach, the boats, the ocean, the sky... without having to be on the sand and with great privacy. The hotel is on the side hill of the little bay and I find it great as I can walk down to the beach every morning and exercise on my way back.

After a few times visiting it I find it amazing that the hotel is in such good shape - still the best linen and towels and every thing one need to have a relaxed and luxurious vacation!

Room Tip: my favorites are #4 and #5
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We just spent 9 days at this spectacular place and we couldn't be more pleased. The view and the rooms are spectacular, the service and food exemplary. The owners Ricardo and Neglia are perfect hosts whom have not overlooked a single detail from the impeccable maintenance of the lush grounds, traditional Mexican decor to excellently prepared and presented menus (a testament to Neglia's culinary and design background). We have stayed in Zihuatanejo before but staying here gave us a new appreciation for it by having this sweeping bird's eye view which make you never want to leave. We are a couple that loves to go to different places every chance we can get and so far we've not stayed at the same hotel twice regardless of how much we have loved it. We will make an exception for Amuleto and are already talking about returning in the spring!

J&C ,
Portland, Oregon

Room Tip: Although all the rooms are all nice, suite number 1 is extra special. (And if you have one of the te...
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 29 December 2013

My husband and I absolutely loved this place. The service and food in the restaurant was top shelf. Rooms very clean, with beautiful views. We could not say anything bad about this place and hope to be back next year!! Calgary Canada

Room Tip: We stayed in of the top two rooms but next time will save the extra $100 we spent each night for one...
1 Thank Natisha D
Osage Beach, Missouri
Reviewed 26 December 2013

My husband and I have not been on a vacation in 6 or 7 years. It was my choice to go to Amuleto, it was the best choice ever! The food is to die for, the service the best ever we thought St Bart's
was great but Amuleto makes you never want to leave.

Room Tip: Our room was the Main Suite One, it was a room you never want to leave.
Chicago
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Just spent another week at my favorite hotel in the world. As very experienced travelers, my wife and I know good service when we get it. The experience at Amuleto is exceptional. The staff is always available and extremely accomidating while never obtrusive. That's not easy to do, but they always seem to be there when you need them. That speaks to how well they have been trained. Ricardo and Neglia have done a wonderful job maintaining the high quality of this property. Neglia, having trained in some of the most prestigious culinary schools in the world, is constantly improving and fine-tuning the menu at the restaurant. The views are breathtaking, the weather is always wonderful, and I come home totally relaxed and rejuvenated. I'll be anxiously anticipating my next trip there later this winter

1 Thank drdoggie
Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Planning our trip to Amuleto we read all the reviews and we were like sure, sure. Why don't these people ever leave the hotel? When we you get there you will know why. In all our worldwide travels , we have never experienced such a level of helpful, friendly, relaxed service. Not the slightest bit pretentious. Amuleto is the most peaceful place, you can just relax and enjoy the tranquility. You hear Vivianna laughing and Arturo singing, the birds chirping and the gentle lap of the infinity pool. They have only six rooms and we met the most amazing people there. The food is fresh and lovingly prepared. Do yourself a favor and book SEVERAL days at Amuleto. You will return home rejuvenated with a big smile on your face!!

Room Tip: we loved main suite five
1 Thank KikiofMontparnasse
Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed 28 November 2013

My wife and I have traveled all over Mexico and Europe as well as the states and this hotel is the best place we have ever stayed. We have been to some great places but this one tops them all. The setting is amazing; perched up on the side of a hill over looking the town of Zihuatanejo and the beautiful bay. We we arrive at this fantastic little gem of a hotel which is amazingly designed we were welcomed by Jacobe and given the red carpet treatment. The lobby is outside and located in a beautiful palapa overlooking the bay, Jacobe made us feel welcome by serving us some great margaritas and a plate of totopos (tortilla chips) and guacamole. While we enjoyed these pickings our bags were brought down to our room by the singing Arturo Lopz. The lobby is also the dining room and it looks out over one of the most amazing blue vanishing edge pools that we have ever had the pleasure of hanging out in. Magical. For our first night we stayed in room #3 for the first night and then room #5 for the rest of the week. Room #3 is a very nice room located just below the pool, it doesn't have a plunge pool but it is very nice with an amazing bed, a great little patio with a nice hammock to hang out in and the views are fantastic. The next night we up graded to Room #5 which is just to the right of the main pool. Our new room had a great big bedroom, amazing bathroom with a really cool shower that comes out of a log. There is a very nice little terrace with a hammock in front of the bedroom and then there is a great plunge pool in the shade of some palm trees with fantastic views overlooking the bay.
The service is fantastic, everyone was very friendly and helpful, Viviana was very nice and brought us a wonderful breakfast every morning and helped us arrange for a massage and whatever else we needed. We ate most of our meals at the resort because the food is fantastic and once we sampled everything on the menu our waiter, Isidero offered to make anything else that we wanted. Everybody was just amazing.
When we read about Amuleto before arriving we noticed that most people just stayed at the resort, we thought that this was crazy but when we arrived and got into the mood of this magical place we stayed too. We walked to town everyday and took long walks on the Playa La Ropa and over to Playa Las Gatas but truthfully we felt that the best place to be was at Amuleto. We are already planning to return again next year.

Room Tip: Room #5 was really nice with a great plunge pool and fantastic views, very private and close to the...