“To call this place Paradise is an understatement....”
Review of Amuleto

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Zihuatanejo
Amuleto
Ranked #3 of 80 Hotels in Zihuatanejo
Los Angeles, California
“To call this place Paradise is an understatement....”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The pictures we saw on the website caught our attention, but our experience there is what will keep us coming back each year! My review is a bit late, but it feels like we were honeymooning there yesterday. We stayed August 2013 and are really looking forward to returning for our one year anniversary. The Palapa Suite is just incredible. The staff was amazing, They were professional and super attentive. 2 features we truly valued were the wifi & scrumptious breakfast. Each day I looked forward to those homemade mini croissants & preserves followed by a hearty dish such as omelette with huitlacoche (similar to mushrooms). Each meal was like a work of art & incredibly delicious. Zip lining in Ixtapa was our favorite activity.

Room Tip: The Palapa suite has its own upstairs terrace & shower, perfect for sun bathing. The main garden...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Houston
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at Amuleto for our honeymoon and it was absolutely perfect. The staff, particularly Viviana, were incredibly friendly and accommodating. Our room was the nicest room either of us have ever experienced, very private yet open to nature.
The restaurant is intimate and the food was excellent. We ate at the restaurant six nights and every dinner made us want to come back again. The attention to detail and intimacy of Amuleto made it the perfect honeymoon hotel.

• Stayed June 2014
San Francisco
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Amuleto is hands down the best place we have ever stayed. The resort is beautiful, the staff friendly, knowledgeable and well, perfect... even the food is outstanding. My wife and I stayed there for a total of seven days. We were in Suite #1. The architecture and attention to detail in the construction of this hotel is just amazing. Our room was so perfect that we did not want to leave it. We could have just stayed on the room for the whole week. We of course did not, we are the adventurous sort and had to venture into town from time to time, do some diving, and check out the surrounding area. However, when we were lounging on site, Jacobo and Viviana made our time there especially wonderful, anticipating our every need and generally being the most gracious hosts you can possible imagine. We just can't speak highly enough of this establishment. We recommend that you go and find out for your self how truly magical this place is.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Pleasanton, California
Reviewed 12 May 2014

My boyfriend and I just came back from an 8 day stay at Amuleto. He had found this "gem" by accident, when looking for a place for us to go on vacation. He showed me the pics online, and I thought, "book it". We were not sure what to expect, but the reviews we so positive. When we arrived at Amuelto, we were greeted by Jacobo, so gracious, and he brought us a Margarita and the best guacamole, chips & salsa I have ever ate. When I walked through the majestic doors of our "casita" plan #1, my mouth dropped open and I could not express enough to my boyfriend, "this is exactly like the photos online", "omg, so breath taking". I immediately, thanked him again, for finding us this beautiful place to relax, and just be together. The staff here was amazing to us, and we got to know them well. Our last day there was so hard to leave, but the staff made us feel like family. We got the royal treatment. So kind and warm, and the views everywhere were amazing. I will never forget this time here with my Nick. We ventured out twice to Zihuatanejo downtown, just to go to the bank. We felt safe enough with our taxi driver that Amuleto got for us. We did not stay out there, but we went to Playa La Ropa, recommended by Amuleto, and had a blast!! So many activities to participate in if you choose to.... and we did. Jet skiing so fun and affordable, we went twice on separate days. We never ate anywhere other than Amuleto, mainly because the food was awesome! Chef Miguel, so shy, & humble, and an amazing chef, with his sous chefs by his side. They were always accommodating my taste, and always created an amazing meal for us. The restaurant here at Amuleto, is 4 to 5 star in my book, my boyfriend is a chef himself, and rated it excellent. Very romantic, and secluded. I felt extremely spoiled. Thank you Amuleto for making our stay here memorable.
Nick and Nanci

Room Tip: We stayed in plan #1
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 10 May 2014

My wife and I scheduled our honeymoon to start the day after our wedding. However, a volcano erupted outside of Mexico City and prevented us from flying. The owner of the Amuleto, Ricardo, credited our stay for up to a year and we just got back from our belated dream honeymoon.

When you look on the Amuleto's website, the pictures are spectacular and you think, "it's just too good to be true." Let me just tell you that the Amuleto exceeded our expectations! From the moment we arrived we were in paradise. We were greeted and our bags were taken to the room while we were invited to relax with some drinks and fantastic chips and guacamole while viewing the spectacular Zihuatanejo bay. We stayed in Suite 1 and the Palapa Suite during our 6 day stay and each was amazing. #1 had a great hammock, lounge area for tanning, relaxing and taking in the view. The private plunge pool was great and allowed us to cool off in the privacy of our own room. The palapa suite had a private, elevated terrace above the main room that gave one of the best views of our trip. Both had awesome outdoor showers and amazing architecture. Each of them has a bedroom with windowed doors that can be left open to enjoy the sea breeze or closed to turn on the A/C on hot days/nights.

The restaurant had 5 star food at 3 star prices. I highly recommend the tilapia with curry sauce as well as the beef dish. Whenever we went up for dinner, someone was automatically dispatched to our room to turn down the bed and turn on the A/C in the bedroom. The service was beyond compare and everyone was cheerful and attentive. Be sure to practice your Spanish with them and they will love you.

I recommend asking to visit the gift shop if you can. They carry many hand crafted items that are made by the owner's wife.

Room Tip: While each of the rooms we stayed in had their own perks, we preferred Suite #1 to the Palapa Suite...
River Forest, Illinois
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We were in Zihua in February and went to a fantastic dinner at Amuleto.
We could not get the place out of our mind so, seeing the weather was
not improving in Chicago, we booked a week at Amuleto. Everything was
as good or better than the other reviews. From the minute we stepped in
to our sad departure everyone was perfect. Jacobo, Isidro,Viviana, Margarita,
Maria, Arturo and sorry to anyone unnamed, all were wonderful. Suite 4 where we stayed, was
beautiful, as we're all the suites we saw. The food is the best around. And really there is no
reason to leave. We did go to Las Gatas Beach , which we love, a couple days. But most
of the time just loved being at Amuleto. My only regret in telling everyone is it that we may
not get a room when we want to go back.

Toronto
Reviewed 27 April 2014

My wife and I spent our honeymoon at one of Ixtapa's big, beachfront hotels over 30 years ago and thought it might be fun to return for the first time since 1983. During our initial trip, we took several day trips into Zihuatanejo and we remember the small town charm. Although Zihuatanejo has grown since then, we decided to return there, rather than Ixtapa and search for a smaller, intimate location where we could relax and de-stress for a week. Amuleto offered exactly what we were looking for, in fact it exceeded our expectations in every way. Starting with check-in, when we were offered a complimentary marguerita with nachos and the best guacamole I've ever tasted, we were treated like royalty by a staff who would do anything to ensure our satisfaction. Our room (Room #4) was spacious, with a small pool on a large deck and a beautiful view overlooking Zihuatanejo Bay. We could have spent the full 7 days there but we also decided to enjoy trips into town for lunch at many of Zihuatanejo's quaint restaurants (Café Elvira was one of our favourites for lunch). The atmosphere at Amuleto can best be described as Romantic and Relaxing. Several couples staying in the other rooms were on their honeymoons and all agreed that the atmosphere offered by this boutique hotel was perfect, whether celebrating your first days of married life or 30 years. Congratulations Amuleto. You have raised the bar for customer satisfaction. We hope to be back soon!