“Great New Adelita Eatery”
Review of Candela

Candela
Ranked #69 of 332 Restaurants in Zihuatanejo
Cuisines: Fusion
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Walked past this place at least four times a day and decided near the end of our two week stay to try it out. Actually, we were quite happy to walk past and go to Ricomar when the street host told us that the KauKan chef would be cooking tonight and that they had huachinango on the menu. The place is very nice, a bit fancier than we are used to eating at in Zihua, and with a very professional wait staff working there. My wife ordered a rib eye (NP$140) and I had the snapper (NP$95). We started with a very good ceasar salad (NP$50) and also ordered a couple of lime micheladas. The quality of the food was spectacular. I highly recommend that you do not walk past this place and step in to check it out.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Hit this place by occasion - could not find highly rated restaurant and just entered the first one with reasonable numbers in menu. At 7-30 pm it was still hot but ceiling fans did their job. Staff was helpful. They did not have high chair for the kid but brought extra cushions and even an extra chair for my laptop. Menu was quite short but food appears to be very good. Everyone loved their meals. To my taste shrimp skewers, rice and the sauce were just perfect. My family enjoyed seafood spaghetti and pork chops with baked pears in adobe sauce. Only chicken was little bit dry from overcooking. Wine list was also short but still way better then red/white selection in many inexpensive restaurants around.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I went here with a group of 10 friends. I have a feeling that that was overwhelming to them b/c the manager seemed pretty stressed out. Still and all, for a tourist town, you should have a better understanding of customer relations.

Manager: (silent)
Me: Um, ok. Yo quiero huevos revuletos.
MAnager: (silent)
Me: Gracias.
Manager- (walks away.)

EVERY interaction was like that.

I was going to not tip, but the poor waitress was so overworked - the only one - and a sweetheart. So I did and she gave me a smile. Too bad she has to work for that guy.

Pros: Expensive for Mexico, but not gouging expensive like some of the places on the beach.
Cons: Rude manager, overpriced and bland food, hard to find, etc etc etc

You can do better.

1  Thank prospects_12
Reviewed 22 March 2014

If you are in Zihuatanejo Mexico you must try Candela Restauante it is located at Adelita # 73 the food and service is excellent it is also about the presentation of the meal along with the great favor.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

We tried Candela because it was new. The basic, but nice looking exterior and interior drew us in. We were impressed by everything, from the efficient wait personnel, the table setting and, of course, the food. Wonderful bread was on the table along with excellent coffee. I think the owner, or manager was on hand to see that we were welcome and satisfied. His beautiful children were also there while we had breakfast. The lime souffle was a hit with my wife and I had poached eggs with bananas on a crepe and a sweet sauce which was outstanding. Can't say enough about this new restaurant to join some very good restaurants in the Madera neighborhood.

1  Thank billymn723