“One of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in”
Review of Hotel J.B.

Hotel J.B.
Ranked #60 of 80 Hotels in Zihuatanejo
Troy, Michigan
“One of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in”
Reviewed 16 January 2008

This hotel while relatively cheap, $70.00 a night plus money transfer fees and a tip, was a very bad experience. No one at the hotel spoke any english and it was NOT a clean hotel by any means. I am a single male, age 60 and have stayed at many hotels in my life. This one was definetly the WORST. At the time of my booking this place,they did not accept any credit cards which should have been a warning to me. I went on line and looked at the hotel and from the pictures it looked fine, but it certainly was not. I wired the money for my room to the hotel 5 months in advance. When I got ready to leave they tried to get me to pay for the room again, and even threatened to call the police on me. After 30 minutes of haggiling and a few phone calls they finally let me go. Pay a few dollars more and go anywhere but this place. A VERY UNPLEASANT EXPERIENCE. By the way I have never before wrote a review on anythingbefore, so that should tell anyone reading this how truly terrible it was. Best of luck to anyone reading this.

• Liked — The Price
  • Disliked — Dirty and, No one spoke ANY English, and they tried to have me pay twice for the room
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7 Thank BillTroyMichigan

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Calgary , Alberta
Reviewed 6 January 2008

We booked this hotel because we required a 2 bedroom with kitchenette and wanted to be near Playa La Ropa . Each bedroom had an air-conditioner with king size bed . There were no closets or drawers for storing clothing . There is one bathroom which had plenty of hot water once it got there . The living room area came with a chair and sofabed , both of which were filthy . The kitchen came with a dirty coffee maker , a unclean set of dishes and various pots and pans . The refridgerator had been left unplugged with the door closed and no baking soda to absorb the odours . Despite our de-odourizing attempts , the entire unit reeked of some mysterious odour which still persisted 3 days later when we checked out . One bedroom was quiet and the other required earplugs to deaden the noise from the compressor located right outside the window and the braying donkey from across the road . We would not have continued our stay in this unit had it not been Christmas week and there was not a single unit to be had anywhere . This hotel is located on the La Ropa Road , about 3 blocks off the beach . There is onsite parking & a small pool but no restaurant , internet access or vending machines . The owner accepts only cash as payment .

• Liked — Security of premises
  • Disliked — Uncleanliness of our suite , lack of services
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank Brownclowns

Travellers are raving about these Zihuatanejo hotels

Travellers also viewed these Zihuatanejo hotels
Hotel Las Salinas
#54 of 80 in Zihuatanejo
Villas San Sebastian
Villas San Sebastian
#31 of 80 in Zihuatanejo

Been to Hotel J.B.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel J.B.

Property: Hotel J.B.
Address: Calle Escenica La Ropa S/N | Col. La Ropa, Zihuatanejo 40880, Mexico
Region: Mexico > Pacific Coast > Guerrero > Zihuatanejo
Beach Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #60 of 80 Hotels in Zihuatanejo
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Hotel J.B. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., Booking.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your Hotel J.B. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.