“Great ride.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mountain Bike Oaxaca

Mountain Bike Oaxaca
More attraction details
Owner description: Mountain Bike Oaxaca is located 15 minutes outside of Oaxaca city in the foothills of San Pablo Etla. We offer the best single track rides for active riders to enjoy. All of our bicycles are upper end dual suspension with disc brakes.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great ride.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

Had a great ride with Carlos. Having not done much off road riding before I found the San Pablo tour really good as it have me the chance to try out some single track riding but also have the option of dirt tracks. The sights were very beautiful and was able to see a lot of things you wouldn't normally see. Also had quick bite to eat on the way back which was very authentic and cheap. The pick up and drop off option was also very helpful.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank HgVD90

San Diego, California
“It doesn't get better than this...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

A friend and I went with Carlos on a 3 1/2 hour ride this past March. It was an awesome experience that could not be improved upon. Carlos picked us up from our hotel in Oaxaca and in about 30 minutes we were chugging uphill on 2 nicely equipped full suspension, 26", tubeless bikes. He provided basically everything we needed. The trails he has out his backyard stretch up into some beautiful wilderness, and he knows how to keep you on single track for much of the ride. The downhill sections were challenging and if you have the skills you can take some wicked lines, hit some moderate jumps, and shred some of the fast sections. We never would have been able to find any of this stuff without him.
Even if the riding wasn't awesome (which it is) or the sights not glorious (which they are), I would still recommend that any mountain biker at least meet Carlos. He is a lone wolf out there, singlehandedly carving out some awesome single track on the outskirts of Oaxaca. I have a great respect for his passion, dedication, and hardwork. Sure, he may make a buck or two here and there, but it is clear he does it all for the love.

Visited March 2014
Portland, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent single track mountain biking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

This was an excellent guide service. Carlos picked me up at my hotel in downtown Oaxaca and had an excellent late-model full-suspension mountain bike in my size ready to ride. The single track trails exceeded my expectations with multiple route options depending on your skill or mood. Carlos was a great guide on the trail and I would recommend that anybody who is considering mountain biking in Oaxaca to do it!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Terrific rides”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

I did two great rides with Carlos on a Saturday and a Sunday, including single track, double track, roads, interesting pueblos, challenging climbs, and beautiful views. He was patient teaching the techniques of mountain biking to a roadie, so learned a lot. I plan to go back on my next trip to Oaxaca.

Visited July 2013
Aptos, California
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Mountain Bike Oaxaca, Best Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

If you want to experience more of Oaxaca than just the city, I highly recommend a mountain bike ride with Carl of Mountain Bike Oaxaca. A friend and I were staying at a B&B in the hills above Oaxaca, and Carl's place was nearby--perfect for an afternoon ride. The bikes were top-notch (full suspension) and excellently maintained; and Carl had helmets, gloves and water for us. Our route took us through a small community and up into the San Pablo hills on a variety of trails that were the perfect blend of challenge and fun. We rode on dirt roads, wide trails, and skinny single track, with some technical climbs and descents. Carl has lived here for years and knows all the great trails. We couldn't have asked for a better experience!

Visited November 2011