“A Old, Quiet, Quaint Town”
Review of Real de Catorce

Real de Catorce
Reviewed 3 May 2017

After all of the Easter visitors had left, Real de Catorce became an interesting town to visit. Travel there anytime except Samana Santa and I am told October. There is really only one way in and most of the time it is clear and easy. Unfortunately we went during Samana Santa and we had to wait two hours to get through the tunnel and then travel around town was at a snail's pace. However, once through the town we found a large parking lot where we camped in our Eurovan. Lots to explore but two days and two nights was enough to see the town. I definitely recommend going there for the experience and the history. After the shock of Samana Santa, we loved it.

2  Thank ecowan56
in 6 reviews
"mexico"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

This is a picturesque little town. The road to get here is incredible, and just wait for the tunnel.

Cobblestones, ruins, rustic. Food was good everywhere. Just be prepared for the cold.

1  Thank Kirsi U
Reviewed 28 November 2016

Real de Catorce Is a magnificent and charming little town in the mountains of San Luis Potosi, very near Matehula. I love the history, the culture and the warmth of the people.
My husband and I were there for a day on a long weekend during the Thanksgiving Holiday in November 2016.
It was cold and breezy but we still had a wonderful time. We started with a wonderful walk down to the church which is dedicated to San Francisco de Asis, we admired its beauty, prayed and I had a very emotional moment while I was there as if I felt some kind of wonderful religious experience.
We had a great lunch at La Esquina de Chabelo, we had pozole and it was delicious! We walked around and shopped at the cute and picturistic rustic stores and stands. Be prepared to shop and to eat all the goodies that are sold there. Make sure you wear comfy shoes, the cobbled streets can be tiring.
While we were there and to our surprise we found out that a movie/film was being shot in Catorce, Opus Zero starring William Dafoe. Can’t wait to watch it when it comes out!
Real de Catorce is a must when in the area, you will fall in love with it!

1  Thank Veronica N
Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

Real de 14 is an amazing town in San Luis Potosí Mexico, famous town for having silver in the area, and al lot explorations of minerals from the 1700 from Spain and also famous for Hollywood films.
A lot to explore and a lot to f History