“Couldn´t even get a room!”
Review of Hotel Cadiz

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cuernavaca
Hotel Cadiz
Ranked #47 of 59 Hotels in Cuernavaca
“Couldn´t even get a room!”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I made a reservation through bookin.com, once I got to the hotel, the hotel staff claimed that they did not have any knowledge of this reservation, that the only had a 4 person villa and that the cost would be twice what I had previsouly reserved for a single room. So, I called booking.com to see what could be done. According to booking.com staff they called the hotel and asked them to give me the 4 person villa for the same price. The hotel staff did not agree on this and told me that the room was availbale for ther price they were asking. I had to leave and look for a different hotel. I believe the hotel lacks customer care.

Room Tip: Call to confirm the reservation prior to making ther trip.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Thank Dr. Mauricio C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Playa del Carmen
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Disappointed a bit with hotel and disappointed a lot with the city....No reason I can think of for anyone to go here....not nice...downtown unlike most cities not nice and move on to somewhere else (Taxco)...Does have one of most beautiful and good restaurants in Mexico Las Maninitas

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Cuernavaca hotels

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I really enjoyed my time at the hotel.
I was in Cuernavaca for two weeks in a conference and I stayed in Hotel Cadiz. The hotel is very calm and the staff is kind, the rooms are clean and the environment is cozy.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Montevideo, Minnesota
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Nice refuge from the constant noise and traffic of Cuernavaca streets, the Hotel Cadiz has very nicely cared for grounds and spotless floors and hallways, thought the bedspreads were worn and the mattresses rather hard. The balcony views of the red tile roofs and the barranca were inviting. The staff was pleasant, though there was no real overt extension of welcome or hospitality that we found in other paces we stayed. I tried to order breakfast one morning -- sat in the restaurant for 15 minutes – staff walked by but never came up and asked if I wanted anything. I had hot water for my shower, but my spouse said she did not. All in all – I would check out other hotels a bit closer to the Zocalo the next time we visit.

Room Tip: Ask for room number 8 -- it has nice balconies and views
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank riverartisan
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I stayed here for two weeks and loved every minute that I was there! If you need a place to stay but don't want to spend much Hotel Cadiz is a great choice!! The staff is great and the owner is very accommodating!!!! When I come back to Cuernavaca I will definitely be staying here again!!!

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Mateo790
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 26 January 2012

Is a small hotel with a beautiful view of the city, romantic and charming place, with a colonial architechture, unmatched beauty terraces, beautiful gardens, a big pool, is the best place to relax and to enjoy.

At the same time to have a good experience with the wonderful people that give you the family atmosphere and makes you feel at home and at accesible prices, with delicious and regional food for breakfast and dinner.

Exactly in downtown location near by historic center and other interesting places to visit.

For sure I will go back to Hotel Cadiz, I really recomend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Angelique A
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 16 December 2011

This hotel is very simple, rooms are simple but perfect for a short stay and the swimming pool is nice and clean. My family rented many rooms and we had a blast for very little money. Some of our family members are use to staying in 4-5 start resorts and they complained about a few small things here and there but I would strongly recommend this place for people looking for decent location and a very enjoyable place to stay. Keep in mind that because this is a family own and run small hotel the owners are very flexible and will do their very best to make you feel at home. For us that mean a great breakfast very morning with very specific request and the hotel staff took care of us. The only bad thing is that you have to ring the door bell if you come back late at night, we felt bad waking up the person that opens the door at 3 AM.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms are better, larger, no noise, and even a view
  • Stayed January 2011, travelled with family