“Don't take a chance”

Ranked #28 of 64 Hotels in Cuernavaca
Durham, North Carolina
“Don't take a chance”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

What a disappointment to find out that the pool was empty with stone piles around the rim when we arrived. The receptionist claimed "it all happened yesterday" which was a clear lie. There was some serious work going on but no one working in the afternoon. No pool and an eyesore that can't be avoided. We had a 3-day reservation and had to settle for paying for the first night, even though we left as soon as we could. It was outright theft. We ended up going to La Casa Azul and had a fabulous stay. February 14, 2013

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Kelebek-000

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2012

I booked the hotel based on reviews expecting a wonderful place to bring my family, and possibly book the hotel for our upcoming wedding. We booked 2 rooms that included queen beds, free breakfast, and a crib. What we received was 1 twin bed, no breakfast and we had to pay for the crib. We showed the hotel manager our confirmation along with what was included. She said that it was not her problem, and did noting to elevate the problem. She admitted that I had not received these accommodations and that it was printed on hotels.com. She was very rude, as was the boy who worked the front desk. He laughed at the problem. I just can't believe the attitude. I traveled a lot in my lifetime so far. I have stayed in cars, hostels, motels, and boutique hotels and know what to expect ahead of time. This was the worst service ever. Please choose another hotel.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank lmarie p

Travellers are raving about these Cuernavaca hotels

San Juan, null, Puerto Rico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2012

Cuernavaca is nice, not that I would like to go again, I would rather go to Guanajuato or Taxco; however during my stay it was overall ok. The Hotel is nice, rooms are very spacious and so the bathroom, however there’s a hot water problem, need to run the water a whole wile before getting it hot. Swimming pool is clean with nice lounging chairs to spend a nice afternoon after walking through the streets. There’s a good maintenance of the place, everything is in order and clean. There’s no air condition, but a selling fan, weather may be hot during the day but it refreshes during the night. Bed is great and so the service from the front desk. My only concerns were problems with the cable TV, every night we had to call to inform it and the main issue was with the cable company or so they said… Then the other thing is that to get to the historical part of the town you need to walk about 10 minutes, few of those minutes are up the hill it may not be bad during the day, but not recommended during the night. There are no sidewalks or lightening in the streets and at the time Cuernavaca is not safe to be walking around in such areas. We were advised by few people not to walk late at night in dark places or in the outsides of the Zocalo.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cecile P
Oaxaca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

Contrary to a few of the reviews we read about the Hotel Ilebal, we found the staff pleasant and helpful, the room clean and well appointed. The prices via the Internet greatly discounted. It was nice to have a ceiling fan that worked well because it was July: warm and humid.

The Hotel is located a few blocks from the zocalo. In spite of being near "downtown," the nights were very quiet and we slept well. The walk to the zocalo and restaurants from the hotel was short albeit up hill. We felt safe even walking back to the hotel after dark.

We would definitely stay there again and freely recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bmillerOaxaca
Berlin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

I highly recommend this hotel. I was there in February and have spent weeks fantastic. The place is just beautiful and has very good taste(which to me is very important). The rooms are clean and well equipped, the staff is very friendly and it is very well located, near the city center. So if you go through Cuernavaca do not hesitate to stay at this hotel will not be disappointed :) also you can relax and have your breakfast next to the pool and jump later on if you feel like!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank I M
Bremerton, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

Wonderful hotel, close in but out of the noise of the city. A short walk up some stairs and a block to the cathedral.
Staff was very friendly and helpful.
Shower was huge and spacious. Breakfast was amazing! Guests name the time and it is delivered to your door.
Pool was heated to take the chill off but still refreshing for an afternoon cooling off dip.

My only criticism is that they use dryer sheets for the laundry and the smell was so strong, I got all stuffed up and had to and anti histamine, take the pillow case off my pillow and ask them not to replace the pillow case.

Room Tip: All the rooms appear great. The land is terraced so the rooms are in groups, making each area feel p...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank SeaTurtleSuz
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2011

We stayed for a long weekend in November 2011. The room was comfortable and the bathroom was very spacious. The bed was more firm than I am used to, but I slept very well on it. (Maybe I should get a firm bed at home?) The hotel is a 10 minute walk from the main part of the city, up a hill. I suggest a small flashlight for any trip abroad, but this street makes it absolutely necessary. The walls were a bit thin, as we could hear other guests mating like rapid, overly-verbal wolverines across the compound. The included breakfast was convenient, but limited.

Room Tip: Their website had a better rate than the travel websites I checked, but took a phone call to complet...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple