“Go Somewhere Else”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“Go Somewhere Else”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

From the elevators that mostly don't work or are so slow I could order a pizza waiting for them to the a/c in the roolm that didn't cool until the sun went down to the smell of sewage outside the front entrance....take a pass. I won't be back.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank MICHAEL J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
MarylinB
Reviewed 14 January 2012

Not a great hotel, but it was ok for a couple of days. Rooms furniture was a little bit old, but at least it was clean and service good.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank MarylinB
North Carolina
Reviewed 27 October 2011

I have stayed at this hotel 10-15 nights per year for the last 8 years. Very satisfied, I always return. Rooms spotless and very atttentive personnel. Only minor issue is pool closed several years ago and did not reopen, that space was used for health club which is adjacent hotel, not part of hotel though.

Room Tip: Better view higher, all good.
  • Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights on a business trip. I wouldn't stay here if you were visiting for pleasure but it works just fine for work. Room was clean, bathroom was average. I checked in late and didn't spend much time at the hotel during the day but it seemed efficient. All in all it's a safe hotel in a convenient location for business travelers.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank NoBagsChecked
Buffalo
Reviewed 1 May 2011

Interesting hotel, I was there for 4 nights mon-friday for business last week. Like other reviewers noted the hotel interior is dated. But it is clean, the service is good, and the food in the bar and restaurant is pretty good. Get the tacos Arrachera in the bar if you want a small good meal. The restaurant had "italian/argentinian" food, not very mexican, so I only ate their once for dinner and it was ok. The tortilla soup was like tomato soup with little flavor. The breakfast buffet is nice, juices and fruits are awesome and probably local. BUT, breakfast doesn't start until 7am - on the days I needed to go to work before then I picked up some juice and breakfast bars at the oxxo store across the street. Other than a couple gas stations and convenience stores there are very few offerings within 2-3 blocks that I noticed, so I ate in the hotel every night.

My room was on the top floor. The view was amazing. But, the entire floor has large glass windows and they don't even try to control the temperature. It was probably 90 degrees during the day outside my room. But the room did have decent enough a/c to keep the room comfortable. Room overall was clean; tv and beds were decent; but bathroom tube drain was clogged, so had to stand in shower water every day.

I've stayed in the Hilton and nearby Holiday Inn Select and would probably choose one of them for my next visit or the Fiesta Grande which is much newer, was closer to where I was working and had many more local restaurant options.

Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Jeffrizo
Flower Mound, Texas
Reviewed 26 December 2010

The only person that had a great customer service was the drugstore cashiers. Other than that, going to this hotel for business wont make you miss your work. You are always surrounded by bureaucratic employees, following stupid rules that make no sense and forgeting about customer service. I travel a lot to latin america because of work and this was an unforgettable bad experience. Oh and they charge per parking day and for wi- fi. I dont thinl is right

• Stayed November 2010
1 Thank bambamgp
Mexico City
Reviewed 14 November 2010

I spent the weekend here as I wanted a fancier hotel this stay. The 4 old elevators (1 was broken al lthe time) in this 22 story hotel are as slow as I remember them 15 years ago. The hotel restaurant has no charm and for the buffet breakfast, we were asked our room number and if breakfast was included in our rate a total of 5 times. (Let me eat in peace and I do not care if I pay or if included.) The next day we went to another hotel for a more charming and fresher breakfast. Wireless interenet was expensive at 170 pesos per 24 hours and it disconnected so often I gave up and went to work on Sunday afternoon when I got home rather than be frustrated there. I reported to the hotel and they admitted they saw 17 minutes of use and my room was not near the antenna and still billed me the whole thing. The lower floor rooms are gross and higher floor rooms are renovated but not with modern flat screen TVs (flat screen with big unit outside), dusty, rock hard mattresses and I loved the clock radio had not been adjusted since we moved our clocks ahead 2 weeks ago. Zero attentikon to detail. To top it off, the escalator down to the 2nd basement parking level was broken when we were leaving so we had to crawl down the stairs with our luggage.

I assume Grupo Posadas has stopped investing in its hotels and plans to close them using the odd strategy they followed with their airline, Mexicana de Aviacion. It is the only excuse I could think of for this dump.

Next time back to Camino Real Expo or event Holiday Inn Express for a comfortable stay at a lower price.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple