“Too old, knock it down as it does not meet needs anymore”

Fiesta Americana Guadalajara
Ranked #10 of 130 Hotels in Guadalajara
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 14 November 2010

I spent the weekend here as I wanted a fancier hotel this stay. The 4 old elevators (1 was broken al lthe time) in this 22 story hotel are as slow as I remember them 15 years ago. The hotel restaurant has no charm and for the buffet breakfast, we were asked our room number and if breakfast was included in our rate a total of 5 times. (Let me eat in peace and I do not care if I pay or if included.) The next day we went to another hotel for a more charming and fresher breakfast. Wireless interenet was expensive at 170 pesos per 24 hours and it disconnected so often I gave up and went to work on Sunday afternoon when I got home rather than be frustrated there. I reported to the hotel and they admitted they saw 17 minutes of use and my room was not near the antenna and still billed me the whole thing. The lower floor rooms are gross and higher floor rooms are renovated but not with modern flat screen TVs (flat screen with big unit outside), dusty, rock hard mattresses and I loved the clock radio had not been adjusted since we moved our clocks ahead 2 weeks ago. Zero attentikon to detail. To top it off, the escalator down to the 2nd basement parking level was broken when we were leaving so we had to crawl down the stairs with our luggage.

I assume Grupo Posadas has stopped investing in its hotels and plans to close them using the odd strategy they followed with their airline, Mexicana de Aviacion. It is the only excuse I could think of for this dump.

Next time back to Camino Real Expo or event Holiday Inn Express for a comfortable stay at a lower price.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Happy_on_the_road

Reviewed 3 March 2010

So I found a decent price for this hotel and went to their website to book it. then my trip was canceled and they would not allow me to get a refund or credit for future stay. they said all of their reservations are not able to cancel unless i book through a 1.800 number. hello, isn't this year 2010!? *also good to note that i tried to cancel and entire month in advance*

*by the way i have also stayed here twice before and they are using manual credit card machines, take 30 minutes to check you out of your room, and they do not know how to apply frequent flyer miles. also the hotel is outdated, overpriced, and foul-smelling.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank sfollett
Reviewed 29 December 2009

Overall the reviews have got it right - this hotel is well worth the money and I think it is pretty reasonable.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 November 2009

Very nice rooms, great staff, fantastic location and great views. We stayed for three nights and were very satisfied. Also, the rooms are very quiet, which is rare.

Continental Airlines was and always is a nightmare, but the hotel we stayed at was great.

Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2009

Stayed at the Fiesta Americana Guadalajara 5 nights for a business trip. Hotel room and bathroom was a little older than I expected - but overall it was a nice stay. Rooms were very clean. I ordered room service a few nights - and the food was actually very good. Staff was helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 June 2008

We went to Guadalajara for a wedding, and we stayed one weekend.
The hotel is very old, old decor, old carpets, old everything!
The elevator very very slow, the rooms average, the staff helpful.
The better thing is te location, but for "fiesta americana" I expected more....

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank MEXAMexico
Reviewed 2 February 2008

Spent 5 nights at this hotel while visiting a GDL company location. This hotel is not located in downtown GDL but is about a 10 minute cab ride. Nonetheless, there is a Starbucks, a Burger King and several other busineesses accross the street. Check in was not quick as the check in girl seemed to be rather new or she was extremly slow!. Room was large and clean and the A/C worked fine. I did not use the hotel restaurant but I did use the bar to order some apetizers which were very good. In all, this is a much better hotel than the Camino Real a few kilometers down the road. I will be coming back!

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled on business