“Great hotel and location”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hilton Guadalajara

Hilton Guadalajara
Ranked #16 of 128 Hotels in Guadalajara
Miami, United States
“Great hotel and location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

the hotel staff is very helpful and makes you feel welcomed. Very secure hotel, great location. Taxis are always available. The wine/tequila bar are good for relaxing in the evening. The gym and pool are clean and modern. I would stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonGuadalajara, General Manager at Hilton Guadalajara, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Thank you very much for your very nice comments.

We are happy to hear that the service of our staff and the Wine/Tequila Bar as well as the Gym and pool were to your liking.

All our staff strives to offer an excellent service every single day and they are happy to receive good reviews like the one you kindly wrote.

Thank you for letting us know that we are doing things right.

Peter M. Leder

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Turkish first
Kamloops, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

The price is reasonable for this hotel, definitely, and the service is very good, in particular I loved the staff in the restaurant, absolutely great, friendly, and attentive, I thought much better than the average servers in other even more expensive hotels I have stayed at around the world.

The pool and roof top area for sun bathing were great, just don't get burned!

But there is really nothing to do in this location, unless you are attending an event at the Expo site.

The rooms were run down and not well equipped. Bathrooms and showers were less than average, and on my final morning before I checked out I found a big cockroach on his back, yuck!

I had a mini-bar but it was locked, which seemed silly, but I did call room service to open it so I could put some water in there. Usually most hotels have a kettle for hot water, but not here. Disappointing. Luckily I had friends and co-workers staying at the hotel so we could go out together and I didn't need to stay in my room very much.

For sight-seeing, fun restaurants, and shopping in the markets, you are better to take a hotel further north and east, such as places closer to well-known landmarks like the Liberation Plaza for example.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
HiltonGuadalajara, Director General at Hilton Guadalajara, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Thank you very much for your comments about our hotel. We are glad to hear that the service and the attention of our staff were to your entire satisfaction. We would like to state that we have to complimentary shuttle service to two different malls which bring you to and from the mall. We do have a coffee machine in each room but not a kettle for hot water. We really do apologize for having found a insect in your room as we do regular fumigation in all rooms and areas of the hotel and this definitely should not happen.
We look forward to be of service to you in one of your next visits to Guadalajara and remain.

Sincerley

El Paso, Tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

I stayed here three nights on a business trip. I had wonderful food at the restaurant and great service at both the hotel and the restaurant. the room was very clean. I will stay here every time I'm in Guadalajara.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
HiltonGuadalajara, Director General at Hilton Guadalajara, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
Thank you very much for your very kind comments which I will gladly convey to all our associates who are trying very hard to please all our guest every single day of the week. We are happy to learn that you will return soon and remain.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

The room was nice : clean, quiet with complimentary water and a coffee maker (i like a cup of coffee to kick start me in the morning!) .

Had room service on two occasions : one lunch and one dinner. Pleasant and friendly staff BUT my word the food was really quite awful. Honestly, unless you are stuck in the hotel or too tired to venture out : I suggest you get in a cab and go elsewhere to eat. if its just a bed you are after : this is ok BUT for a hotel with the ' Hilton ' brand and 5 star reputation : the food was dire.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
HiltonGuadalajara, General Manager at Hilton Guadalajara, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Thank you very much for your very valuable comments. We are terribly sorry that you did not like the food in room service and will follow up on your observations with our Executive Chef in order to prevent such breakdowns in the future. On the other hand we are happy to hear that you found our staff pleasant and friendly.
Hopefully we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the near future and remain

San Jose, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

I would have rated this a five. Everything was fine, and high quality. The only issue I had was that there was no heat in the room (or hotel). We had unusually cold weather so we just had to bundle up. However, with that said, everything else was excellent. The room was beautiful and clean. The gym was immaculate. The pool was beautiful. I also access the club house on the 19th floor and had breakfast and wine every day. It was excellent. I'd go back again when I'm in Guadalajara. Also, there is a local bus for only 7 pesos that will take you to downtown if you like.

Room Tip: Ask about the upgrades if you're a Hilton Honors member. I upgraded for $30 and it covered free...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
HiltonGuadalajara, General Manager at Hilton Guadalajara, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
Thank you very much for your very valuable comments. We are very sorry to hear that you had cold and would like to apologize. Knowing that our coldest temperature at night is about 8 C and during the day we have temperatures of around 26-29 C we did not have any comments on this issue before. Please let us know the next time you come to our hotel in order to give you some extra blankets.

Looking forward to welcome you back in the near future, I remain

Kennesaw, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 26 straight days and ate the majority of my meals there. Rooms are big. Food is good with big breakfas buffet and Executivr Lounge has beer/wine and apps from 6p - 8p every night. Lobby bar has good tequila selections so do not miss them.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
HiltonGuadalajara, General Manager at Hilton Guadalajara, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
We are very pleased to hear that your stay of 26 days was a successful one and that you liked the services provided by the hotel.

We hope to see you back soon

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

Excellent property. Well maintained and everyone I met who worked for the Hotel was extremely friendly and helpful. The location is convenient to most of the popular locations a person would like to visit. You will enjoy your stay.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonGuadalajara, General Manager at Hilton Guadalajara, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Thank you very much for this lovely report. We really appreciate to hear that you have liked our installations, the condition of the same, the location and the friendly staff.

We look forward to welcome you back in the near future and remain.

Peter M.Leder