“Not satisfied...asked for a refund 5 as soon as I entered the room”

Mision Guadalajara Carlton
Ranked #40 of 129 Hotels in Guadalajara
Mty, Nl
“Not satisfied...asked for a refund 5 as soon as I entered the room”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Smelly room, bathroom, and hallways, stained carpets, with cigarette burns.

They charge for parking, didn´t ,like that either.

Staff is very kind, and had no trouble giving me a refund so I could check in at a different hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I was here for 7 nights. I agree with the other reviews that talked about the noisy street and hot, stuffy rooms. I tried to keep my door open when I could just to get some air into my room but I really needed a working air conditioner or windows that could open. Mattress was terrible and smelled of some really bad perfume. The internet was good most of the time. The toilet didn't flush well. Overall, the hotel is clean enough but the towels and bedding are very old. The carpet is worn and stained. The restaurant personnel were pleasant and the food was OK. The view outside of the room is a Wal-mart. You can walk to the historic district from here but it is several blocks away. I would definitely stay away from this hotel or make sure that you get a better room than the one that I had.

Room Tip: I would try for a higher floor (I was on the 5th floor). Some of my colleagues seemed to have rooms...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Mary H
direct0rH0tel, Gerente at Mision Guadalajara Carlton, responded to this review, 8 May 2013
Thank you in advance for your comments, we would like to inform you that the hotel had a change of administration by which we are improving our facilities to provide our customers an incredible and comfortable stay to cover all your expectations.
Best regards.
Federico Goyeneche S.
Manager

Travellers are raving about these Guadalajara hotels

pacific northwest
Reviewed 3 May 2012

This place was ok. I didn't have black water in my toilet like one other reviewer, but the shower drain was slow. Basic, clean enough, the bed was fine, the decor is 80's. The internet was fast.

One key to what's up with this place is the 1.5" thick sound deadening panels that slide in front of the window to function as curtains.

It's loud outside. Wow. Guadalajara is like Mexico City 15 years ago, with the lines of belching buses a mere 7 stories below. It's really not in a horrible location in terms of walking into the centro, but you have to find the quiet side street that is one block beyond the main drag heading in.

I only stayed here two nights, I wasn't paying for the room and didn't choose the hotel, and don't have anything really to complain about. I wouldn't go out of my way to stay here, and if I wanted specifically to hang in the centro historico, I'd definitely find a place nearer to it.

Room Tip: Maybe in the back somewhere on one of the topmost floors?
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ektarama
Mexico City
Reviewed 14 October 2011

It's filthy, smelly and horrible. Place hasn't had any maintenance in years. Mold is an issue. Water in the toilet is black. When I looked in the tank to see why it flushed with black water I realized that it's because they are using black water for the toilet. Disgusting.

The decor is a throwback to the 70s (because they haven't changed anything since that era) and if you are into orange you will love the place. Ha! Ha!

Don't get me going on the bed. I'm stuck here because of the Pan American Games. Help!!!

Room Tip: No such thing.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank kmex
New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 April 2010

We stayed at this hotel for a week. It was terrible! The location is bad, the street is very noisy.
The A/C didn't work and we couldn't open any windows.
All windows in every room are nailed down. You can't open them.
Towels and sheets looked old and had stains.
Room cleaning service does a terrible job also.
To get the remote for your tv you have to go to the front desk and then you have to bring it back when you're leaving, or they won't sign you out.
Breakfast doesn't taste very good.
The elevator is veeeeeery slow.
Don't stay at this hotel!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
SF bay area
Reviewed 25 July 2009

Good location within walking/taxi distance of the historical sites, and Walmart across the street (best xcange rate under $50). Helpful and friendly English speaking valet drivers and staff. Spacious lobby, nice restaurant and large pool. Slightly understaffed at desk but professional. No ice machines and room service takes 45 minutes for anything. No microwave or refer in room and checkout long process to check mini bar. Took 2 hrs to get towels and about 5 hours to get second room although busy day. Clean no AC temp controls. Very good price since needed 2 rooms, was not expecting a 5 star experience.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family