“Old one with renewed rooms. Fair enough”
Review of Plaza Diana

Plaza Diana
Ranked #33 of 131 Hotels in Guadalajara
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I came for a convention and thios was the asigned hotel. the rooms are renewed and quite nice and they have a great breakfast. other than that, the conference rooms are poor and certainly not recomended.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SabaOmer

Reviewed 12 April 2014

We enjoyed our time at the Plaza Diana Hotel in Guadalajara, Mexico from March 30 to April 5. The service, hospitality, cleanliness, and food were all of high quality; we would definitely recommend this hotel to our family and friends! Congratulations on a job very well done! Muchos gracias !!! :D

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Terry M
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I've stayed here once before. My last visit was in early Feb of 2014. When my companion and I entered the room we were unpleasantly surprised to have been given a kinda of small room with just 2 beds and a closet and a bathroom and TV, of course. The problem here was that there was no table to place a laptop or to eat a snack on or do some work, of course no chair not sit on, just the bed. Oh, I forgot there was a bedside table between the 2 beds. We spoke to the manager about the room being so small and the lack of a table, he said that the room is what one gets when one books online! Wow! the room was described as an executive room. Well, I guess that means no table? no chairs? just beds and a night stand.
He added that if we wanted a bigger room we should have booked directly with the hotel,
really? I informed him that the website did not explain that the room had limited square footage. He responded that they provide the website with all the room specs. I also mentioned to him that we had stayed here before and had gotten a "regular" size room, how come today we get this small room? He said that perhaps on our previous visit the small room was not available, so they gave us the "regular" room. So that was his way of saying, we got lucky the first time I guess! Bottom line, he did not care about costumer service, he had a "smart" answer for every one of my inquiries. Oh, and about booking through the hotel, what would that rate be? He pointed to the posted rate on the wall next to the front desk. Well! Upon seeing that rate I said to him "Sir, if I added 20 more dollars to that rate I could have stayed at a luxury hotel" Needless to say we stayed at Plaza D. since we had paid ahead. All I can say is be sure that you know what you are booking.

Room Tip: Looks like you have to book through the hotel and pay double the rate than internet room brokers.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I stayed in this hotel about in November last year for business purposes and what I found is a just renewed hotel with a nice decoration, good service and fare price. The room is much more bigger than some business hotels and location is very convenient to visit downtown or going for shopping to different malls. I fully recommend it!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 December 2013

This hotel took unauthorised payment from my credit card for a meal that I had not signed for, after my check out! Later they agreed they they couldn't do this and would refund the amount, but never did and stopped replying to my emails. Irresponsible, devious and illegal. Breakfast was terrible with the worst live music ever. Seedy atmosphere in reception during evenings due to "working girls" visiting clients. Absolutely not recommended

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 September 2013

So we stayed at this hotel on our way back from Los cabos for our honeymoon, and this hotel was the right one to choose, we paid 750 pesos, (on our way to los cabos we stayed at the holiday inn and paid twice as much) we thought is was going to be just ok, for the price didn't expect much, but for our surprise, this hotel is really nice, the bell boy, told us it was just remolded and it looked great, we had read in the reviews to try the breakfast, so we did and it was great, no complaints, and extremely cheap. The room look great and clean, it had the basics, and was walking distance from "la Minerva" and some really good tortas... all in all a really nice hotel for a really good bargain. cant beat the price.

cons: we stayed in a room where you could here the service elevator, but thank God we only heard it twice, and our window didn't have view what so ever, Yet we were happy, we were there to enjoy the night and rest for our early flight.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travel_saul
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We come to Guadalajara frequently and have been staying here for a couple of years. The renovation is wonderful. The rooms are really nice comfortable beds big towels and sunny rooms. The staff is friendly and always willing to help. However the best part is breakfast, wonderful food and service. I really do not recommend dinner or lunch it takes a long time and there is great food in the city.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple