“Good location, fair price”
Review of Plaza Diana

Plaza Diana
Ranked #30 of 129 Hotels in Guadalajara
“Good location, fair price”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Rooms are nice, clean and recently remodeled. Bathroom sinks are not good as they do not drain.

Food is good and they bake their own bread

Fairly priced

Very small parking but they make do with the valet. But your car will always be hot as it does not have a roof

Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Korean first
Mazatlan, Mexico
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Centraly locate. The rooms are very clean and well appointed. Friendly staff and great food in the restaurant.
Priced right. A very good value for the money. I highly recommend this hotel. Many of the cities sites are a comfortable walking distance away.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Provo, Utah
Reviewed 14 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here for 5 days for a business conference. What I enjoyed about this hotel is its proximity to downtown (20 minutes taxi ride, 70 pesos), close to two convenience stores, and most importantly, the friendly staff. Even though many of them speak little English they were very helpful and hardworking.

Room Tip: skip the 13 dollars hotel breakfast, take the cab ride to downtown and buy inexpensive but delicious...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jayne W
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I came for a convention and thios was the asigned hotel. the rooms are renewed and quite nice and they have a great breakfast. other than that, the conference rooms are poor and certainly not recomended.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SabaOmer
Winnipeg
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We enjoyed our time at the Plaza Diana Hotel in Guadalajara, Mexico from March 30 to April 5. The service, hospitality, cleanliness, and food were all of high quality; we would definitely recommend this hotel to our family and friends! Congratulations on a job very well done! Muchos gracias !!! :D

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Terry M
Arizona
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I've stayed here once before. My last visit was in early Feb of 2014. When my companion and I entered the room we were unpleasantly surprised to have been given a kinda of small room with just 2 beds and a closet and a bathroom and TV, of course. The problem here was that there was no table to place a laptop or to eat a snack on or do some work, of course no chair not sit on, just the bed. Oh, I forgot there was a bedside table between the 2 beds. We spoke to the manager about the room being so small and the lack of a table, he said that the room is what one gets when one books online! Wow! the room was described as an executive room. Well, I guess that means no table? no chairs? just beds and a night stand.
He added that if we wanted a bigger room we should have booked directly with the hotel,
really? I informed him that the website did not explain that the room had limited square footage. He responded that they provide the website with all the room specs. I also mentioned to him that we had stayed here before and had gotten a "regular" size room, how come today we get this small room? He said that perhaps on our previous visit the small room was not available, so they gave us the "regular" room. So that was his way of saying, we got lucky the first time I guess! Bottom line, he did not care about costumer service, he had a "smart" answer for every one of my inquiries. Oh, and about booking through the hotel, what would that rate be? He pointed to the posted rate on the wall next to the front desk. Well! Upon seeing that rate I said to him "Sir, if I added 20 more dollars to that rate I could have stayed at a luxury hotel" Needless to say we stayed at Plaza D. since we had paid ahead. All I can say is be sure that you know what you are booking.

Room Tip: Looks like you have to book through the hotel and pay double the rate than internet room brokers.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 16 January 2014

I stayed in this hotel about in November last year for business purposes and what I found is a just renewed hotel with a nice decoration, good service and fare price. The room is much more bigger than some business hotels and location is very convenient to visit downtown or going for shopping to different malls. I fully recommend it!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business