“Watch Out - Overcharging & No Heat” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Guadalajara Expo

Holiday Inn Guadalajara Expo
Ranked #49 of 128 Hotels in Guadalajara
Rosemont, Ill, United States
“Watch Out - Overcharging & No Heat”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

First, check your credit card bill when you get home. They may put extra charges on it after you leave.

Second, the hotel does not have heat and appears to be falling apart. I had to beg for blankets which should have been provided without having to ask for them. The place seems to need maintanence as well.

The hotel seems to have a policy of ripping off there customers. It took me about a month to get my final bill which was wrong. I even used the IHG (Holiday Inn) customer service center to try to help get it for me. Also they have hidden charges.

The first problem arose when we went for breakfast, they had everywhere posted for their breakfast 135 pesos, no where was the true price of 230 pesos posted. I asked the price of the buffet before I went in and they told me it was 135 pesos. When I received the bill they said it was 230 pesos because I am a man. I would have had no problem paying the 230 pesos, but I wished I was told about it. If they would have said here is a coupon for 100 pesos if you return during the stay for the breakfast buffet I would have.

Before I left the hotel, I checked the bill and had them make corrections to the bill. After the corrections were made the bill was correct, I was using points for my stay. To my surprise, when I checked my credit card bill, the amount was double, I asked the hotel over 7 times over a 4 week period for a final bill. I knew something was wrong. They finally gave me one and I discovered they had charged me for the room.I then got an email from the hotel representative stating since I used points I had to pay the amount. This was after IHG told them that I was not to have been charged.

I am a platinum, the highest level for the chain, and this is the treatment I received. As a lower level of the IHG (Holiday Inn Chain) or no member, how do you think you will be treated.

Room Tip: Stay away - Watch Your Bill - Make sure you know the charges before you go into the dining room
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Guadalajara Expo, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Dear Stanley W,

Regards,

Karen C
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Colima, Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

We arrived for one day on our way to the airport. No real complaints, just nothing special to write about. Strange that they only have valet parking when the parking lot is 15 feet away from where you give them the car. Also, both my girlfriend and I smashed our toes at separate times on a hidden small stone step surrounding the pool. Typically Mexican, no reflective tape or paint on the edge. It's in such an inconvenient place I'm sure people hurt themselves there all the time.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Guadalajara Expo, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear RogerCuringa,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have taken note and wish to thank you for your feedback. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Regards,

Brenda J.
Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

the hotel is a little beat old, but the gardens are very nice, the rooms are big enough, it seems like they are renewing, the food at the restaurant is excellent, if you have the breakfast buffet is amazing ¡¡ if you go to Guadalajara for business or pleasure it is a very good place to stay

Room Tip: i have stayed at the rooms around the swimming pool and they are nice and big
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CPgdl, General Manager at Holiday Inn Guadalajara Expo, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Dear PFlores:

We appreciate your valuable feedback about the experience during your recent stay. Our commitment is to satisfy all your needs and service expectations. There is no greatest satisfaction than knowing you enjoyed every moment and we assure you that soon you will find better and newer facilities. On behalf of the Hotel Crowne Plaza Guadalajara, we thank you again for your comments and hope to serve you again very soon.

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Kudos to the staff of this lovely hotel. Very nice, good location, clean, quiet and comfortable rooms. Fantastic service in restaurant, special thanks to Roberto P. who provided us with exceptional service.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
CPgdl, General Manager at Holiday Inn Guadalajara Expo, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear guest:

We appreciate your willingness to share with us your experience during your recent stay. I am writing to thank you for the comments about the service, rooms and restaurant. I would also like to reiterate our commitment to maintain and build on each of us the service culture based on quality standards. We would like to keep being your favorite whenever you come to Guadalajara. Thanking again your comments and hoping to see you back soon,

Monterrey, Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

Me and my wife stayed here 4 days at our arrival to Guadalajara while looking for a house.
The hotel is beautiful, inside is an old glamour but really nice, there are 2 options village and tower rooms. we chose a village.

The village rooms are around a BIG GARDEN with enormous trees and a big swimming pool.

The rooms are pretty nice, but we found out the shower room was getting flooded.

At the very moment we noticed the issue we called the service, and 5 minutes later a very kind gentleman fixed the issue flawless.

the second day we notice there was a water leak coming from the room above thru the ceiling to the sink hahahahah.

We didn't call this time to service cause we were happy with the rest of the service, the leak was like one drop every ten mins or so.

the room service is amazing the food is recommendable, and the area is really nice with many food options around if you want to take a walk.

when it comes to maintanance we noticed there is a need for it on the hotel, so for the price I think the rooms need a little more attention, thats why i say average, but the hotel is nice and clean and beautiful.

Room Tip: the villages are beautiful and much better if you come with your car, cause you park it just outside...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CPgdl, Manager at Holiday Inn Guadalajara Expo, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear Mario Ross,

We received your opinion about the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We deeply appreciate your time and interest, that's why we ask you to accept our most sincere apology for the problems you described. This matter is being thoroughly looked into so we can take the necessary steps to solve it to your entire satisfaction. Your comfort and well being are our greatest concern. Please be assured that this situation will not happen again. Thank you so much for your understanding in an effort to always provide the level of service you deserve.

Cordially,
Berkley, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

I travel to Guadalajara frequently for business and have stayed at this hotel a hand full of times. I like the outdoor pool and the general look of the hotel however the cleanliness of the rooms are sometimes lacking. On a few occasions I have seens mutiple spider nests in the corners of the room I was staying in.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank JKryvicky
CPgdl, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Guadalajara Expo, responded to this review, 15 May 2013
Dear Guest:

We really appreciate your valuable disposal to share the inconveniences that you lived during your recent stay at our hotel.

However, we appreciate the comments about the service and facilities in general of wich we are already taking action on this issue, corroborating with each department fulfill its responsabilities to give you the service you deserve.

We realize how important it is as our guests and your valuable comments.

Thanking you again for your understanding in an effort to always provide the level of service you deserve.

Joanna Chao
Crowne Plaza Guadalajara
Granite Bay, California, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2013

I came to Guadalajara for a quick 2 night trip. Decided to stay in a hotel that I have never stayed in before. Big mistake. The hotel is very pretty and the grounds also, but if you want to sleep AT ALL, DON'T STAY HERE. Many of the rooms, I think the majority were on the first floor with the gardens in the center of the hotel and the streets outside of the rooms. Well...this led to either CONSTANT street noise, which wouldn't be so bad if that was the worst of it, but the workers worked outside of my room on the garden side and the street side until like 1:30 in the morning and again started at 4:30 in the morning. They were pushing carts here and there, which made very very loud rolling cart sounds the entire length of the gardens or breeze way, yelling at each other from across the gardens at 8:00 AM on a Saturday morning. Awful, horrible, and I will never ever ever be back. I did give it 2 stars only because, the staff was nice and the food that I tried was also very good...otherwise I would have given it a 1 star or less!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Robin M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Guadalajara Expo, responded to this review, 9 March 2013
Dear Robin M,

Thank you for your review and your recent stay with us. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay and for any disturbance you have experienced during your stay.. We will certainly discuss your comments with our staff. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Janice A