“A pleasant place to enjoy our holidays”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
-Ben-GX06
Nice, France
“A pleasant place to enjoy our holidays”
Reviewed 21 April 2013 for a stay in March 2013

We were a group of ten people, as this house has 4 rooms, James: the owner, took the time to arrange something for us. He was very understanding and make us having a wonderfull time in Guadalajara. We thank him very much for the time we spent in the house.
He is truly a professional in this area, and knows perfectly how to manage the house for his guests, even though we had different culture and we were a big group which was not easy at all.

The location is perfect, it's quiet but close to downtown and best places to see in Guadalajara.
Perfect places in this house are:
- the very quiet and shiny patio, where every morning you see Colibris.
- Terasse on the biggest room.
- Living room with a beautiful sound system and nice music.

If you want to have a very enjoyable stay this might be the place to be.

Shaken But Never Stirred.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: En famille élargie
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
24 Sep 2017
The hummingbirds are still very active on your balcony and await your return! It is about the high season-so we hope to see you in the near future. Thanks for the kind review.
Melissa A
Seattle, Washington
“Safe & Comfortable - Felt Like Home”
Reviewed 15 December 2012 for a stay in December 2012

I recently stayed 7 days at Dickinson Guest House. I was there for cosmetic surgery with Dr. Fernando Guerrerosantos (whom James, DGH Owner, has an excellent rapport with). I chose Dickinson Guest House because it is a very short ride to-and-from the office of ‘Dr. Fernando’ (as he is fondly known of because of his famous father Jose Guerrerosantos, who PIONEERED cosmetic surgery in Guadalajara!). Dr. Fernando’s reputation and credentials are well respected world-wide. The hospital was also only about a 15 minute ride away from the house, and was a first class facility (see photos!!!). The house is also close to the historical center of Guadalajara in downtown GDH, where James took me to shop for friends and family while recovering.
Once there, I realized just what a perfect choice I had made, as the neighborhood is nice and quiet, but just a stones throw from the hustle and bustle of the city! James is American, yet knows his way around this Spanish speaking country and their customs-that made me feel very much at ease. This is not the Mexico I have been reading about…far from it!
My expectations were exceeded on every level - the house was amazing, the accommodations were perfect for recovery, the food was delicious, plentiful, and wonderfully prepared (see photo). The owner, James, was great (he let me be when I needed him to, and was there in a snap when I needed him to be!). I think my favorite thing was my private balcony and en-suite bathroom. However, the flat screen HD television with many channels in English, and a BOSE sound system in my room was up there pretty high also. Oh yes, another fabulous amenity? James provides cellular phones for use in case you leave and need to keep in touch with him (at no extra charge!) and also has a land line for calls to the U.S. (again, at no extra charge!). Speaking of no extra charge...there are NO hidden charges here; it is all inclusive, period. Amazing!
All in all, I give Dickinson Guest House 5 stars, and definitely will be staying there again on my next trip. Even more-so due to the good relationship between James and Dr. Fernando...I will be a repeat customer of both!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Privacy. Also that if I got hungry at 2 am, I could simply go to the kitchen & eat!
Travelling group: Solo
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
24 Sep 2017
Good to have you Melissa. I know your visit was for things other than just a vacation, but it was fun to take you on a tour. Thanks again for the kind review.
CA
Reviewed 30 July 2012 for a stay in June 2012

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
Hi jenn,
Yes, it was perfect for 3 couples with the large bed sizes and now an added room with a queen bed makes it even bigger. Hope to see you again soon!
California
Reviewed 23 February 2011 for a stay in December 2010
person found this review helpful

Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 55-64
23 Feb 2011
It was a wonderful time to be here in Guadalajara! I'm sorry that some family members were a bit afraid from all of the bad press this last year has bestowed on this beautiful country, but you can now let them know that it is safe here in the center of the country. Look forward to another visit soon!
tmsGlobal
Kelowna, Canada
“Beautiful home and wonderful hospitaity”
Reviewed 1 February 2011 for a stay in January 2011
person found this review helpful

James' home is beautifully decorated and was comfortably designed for our group's needs. It is well located with several beautiful parks, many stores, and lots of delightful restaurants within easy walking distance. James assisted us with the details of getting settled in the area. He is a fabulous host whose attention to detail was continuously evident throughout our stay. No doubt we will be back.

Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 50-64
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Families with teenagers
Tourists Large groups
24 Sep 2017
I know Canada is nice and warm now, but keep in mind that your brutal winters are not far away! Thanks for getting me started on your program for healthy living and we hope that you will visit us again!
CO
Reviewed 20 December 2010 for a stay in January 2010

Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 65+
24 Sep 2017
You were the best! next visit should be to just visit the entire city if we have time!
Cheers,
Seattle
Reviewed 22 August 2010 for a stay in February 2010

Travelling group: Solo traveler
Your age range 55-64
24 Sep 2017
And I think it is about time you returned for your 3rd visit!.. The house has changed and is much bigger than it used to be-with many more comforts. We look forward to your return!
James
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing