“Excellent located and with a good price.”

Holiday Inn Guadalajara Select
Ranked #50 of 130 Hotels in Guadalajara
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Located in the heart of Guadalajara, only few blocks away fron the Minerva, this is a very good hotel At a good price. Eventhought the age starts to show, it is still at a good conservation state. I stayed in an executive floor room, and it is very spacious and well planned. Ved is comfortable, but not the best. Check in and check out were very efficient. It is a good option to have everything near, without paying the extra costa of the hotels near the expo area.

• Stayed: July 2012

Reviewed 5 July 2012

After coming for the 6th time to Guadalajara and for the second time to this hotel (first time was several years ago when I came for the first time to Guadalajara – on all other occasions I stayed at another hotel), I can certainly say that this is not a five star hotel.

The organization that arranged my visit to Guadalajara selected for me this hotel, and I didn't want to make a fuss out of it, so I'm currently staying here (4 days gone and 4 more days to go).

Do not miss understand me, it is NOT a bad hotel, It is located in a relatively safe area, but for the same or lower rate you can find better options in the area.

I got a spacious room with a safe deposit box (big enough to put my laptop) and a coffee maker, but it does not have a mini fridge in the room (important when you are for 8 days).

The food at the restaurant of the hotel is quite good and the staff is courteous…. Overall quite suitable option for the business traveler (wireless internet connection is free for only 90 minutes, then after that it is rather expensive).

The problem is the noise coming from outside!!! I remembered from last time (that was the reason why I moved to another hotel after the second night) that there are some rooms facing the main road that are very noisy, so when I was informed that a reservation was placed on my behalf, I contacted the hotel and specifically requested a QUIET room as far away as possible from the main street. To my surprise I got a lower floor room (2nd floor) just near the corner facing BOTH main roads (the intersection) and also facing the railroad having to hear the loud horn of the train at different times of the night. As a frequent flyer and a Priority Club member to be honest I am disappointed. I expected some consideration. Once again, since I am an invited guest from a prestigious institution, I do not want to make a fuss out of it.

In conclusion, if you decide to come to this hotel, demand a quiet room at a high floor (at least 5th floor) as far away as possible from the square intersection and not facing the railroad.

And of-course enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: Demand a quiet room at a high floor (at least 5th floor) as far away as possible from the square int...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I haven't slept yet, but I'm not feeling optimistic. My room smells moldy when I enter (but I don't notice after a while). The windows don't open so I have to rely on thier forced air system. The curtain doesn't close all the way to the wall, and those bright blue neon lights that you see in the main picture here, are housed just inches outside the bedroom window to make the place more attractive to those who are NOT sleeping here. Luckily, to their credit, when I called to request a room change, they solved the problem by turning off the lights by my room window (don't know if they turned off the whole floor, but who cares?). The margarita at the bar was delicious, the room service tortilla soup and salad were just right. I'll give them a chance, but I'm really missing La Mansion del Sol with the singing birds, garden, sunshine, and lovely classibal music on the radio each night as I retuned to my room. Otherwise the place is pretty basic and not special at all, I'm not looking forward to being her for 4 nights!

Room Tip: Mke sure you ask them to turn off the blue light outside your window!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank annikamito
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

Dear annikamito,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are pleased you enjoyed the margarita at Bar Acuario. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. We are sorry you were not fully satisfied with the accommodations received. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 5 December 2011

On a first business trip to the area, I decided on this hotel due to decent reviews and being a Priority Club member - and wasn't disappointed, though wasn't blown away, either. Very nice lobby, elevators, and restaurant; the room was nice enough but definitely showing some age. All of the fixtures worked, so no big deal, but still... Very firm mattresses, on the verge of hard. One annoyance was the the wireless 'net access - only the slow 256 kb/s rate was free, and that only for 90 mins - any faster plans required payment. Again, not a deal-breaker, but pretty annoying these days when it's free at so many other hotels. Also, though I didn't see the option here, I'd much prefer an "express" checkout - just leave that receipt under the door so I don't have to deal with anything that morning except packing up and walking out.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2011

My first choice of a hotel in Guadalajara was booked due to a Mariachi Festival so this was my second choice. The location is good with many restaurants nearby. I was on the executive floor which included breakfast and nightly snacks. The room was a good size with 2 queen beds and included coffee maker, 2 free bottles of water a day, in-room safe, Ironing board (but no iron?) and free Internet for 90 minutes a day. If you want more than 90 minutes, then you pay. The room was very comfortable and was very clean. Only complaint of the room was that the cable channels would change without notice; lost CNN the last 4 days there. On the top floor were a pool and a fitness area. I did not use either but it looked OK.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the Executive level floors.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 August 2011

This motel was very well appointed. The room and bathroom were very clean and nice. The rooftop had a men's & women's changing room each with its own steam room so you can steam au natural. The exercise room itself was well laid out with both aerobic and weight machine and some free weights. There is allot of glass windows but view is somewhat restricted. The pool is on the same level but elevated and you can see some of the city view.
We did not eat at the restaurant except for the breakfast which was a Mexican/American mixture. Fresh fruit, coffee, hot meat, cheese, Mexican staples etc/

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 February 2010

I spent the weekend and was pleasantly surprised. Comfortable and clean room, outstanding locaiton, quiet room (no noise), very good value for the money. I am glad I picked it. I do not think I stayed at a Holiday Inn in 15 years and was pleasantly surprised.

Minuses - pool was under renovations and looked flithy though not closed -- there was a car blocking the pedestrian path to the hotel (which has no elevators for the parking lot) and I complained and the staff looked at me like I was nuts. Three hours later, same car in same place and I commented again and they said they did not know who owns the car. i noted that the room # 105 was clearly writen and visible on the visor parking lot entry pass.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple