“Good for early morning flight”
Review of Hotel Casa Grande

and 1 more site!
Hotel Casa Grande
Ranked #115 of 128 Hotels in Guadalajara
Victoria, Canada
“Good for early morning flight”
Reviewed 4 April 2012

And that's what so good about this hotel, the convenience to the airport. The room was very large and it had free Wifi. The restaurant looked expensive and we didn't try the food. Check in was easy. Nothing special about the whole stay, but nothing awful either, just ok.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank cathig

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Ottawa
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Unless your flight leaves at the crack of dawn or you are arriving late at night skip this hotel, it has nothing to recommend it even though it is steps away from the airport. It's tired and dingy with dark, miserable rooms. The whole hotel could do with being shut down and totally refurbished from top to bottom, and fumigated while they are at it. Right now there is a mouldy smell in the building, the rooms are cheerless, the beds uncomfortable with pillows and bedding which seem to have been saved up from the '50s, the bathrooms only barely passable, and the restaurant staff and food tired and unwelcoming. However, prices don't reflect that because the location attracts the unknowing.

Room Tip: If you are a disabled traveller there is a fully equipped room - 102
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank GeraldineOttawa

Travellers are raving about these Guadalajara hotels

Tigard, OR
Reviewed 20 December 2011

If you need a hotel that it close to the airport then this is a very good hotel. It is literally right across the street from the hotel.

Rooms are very basic but clean. They do not have much lighting. It was also very quiet.

If you don't need to be near the airport then I would suggest staying somewhere more interesting.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank EricL97332
Burney, California
Reviewed 6 December 2011

From the beyond unfriendly young woman at check in to the 1st class restaurant (thats what they claim). Bad. Never could I suggest staying here. At first I thought maybe some of the difficulties at check in were due to language but no. When I said i had a reservation that she couldnt find, she tossed a list across the counter and said if your name isnt on this list you dont have a reservation. I offered the confirmation number, nope not good enough. I used their computer, pulled up reservation that she then printed and accepted. I watched as another woman traveler was treated equally as bad. I would think that any guest at a hotel with many empty rooms would be treated better. Never again. Booty.

Room Tip: book a different place
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Judecolby
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
Reviewed 16 November 2011

I booked this hotel online as it is right next to Guadalajara Airport and I have a very early flight back to the States.. The internet ad said "Pet Friendly. - it is not! My two dogs are downstairs at the moment in a 10 X 8 closet that is unairconditioned, unlit and terribly unkempt! The woman at check in said it was the pets 'room.' Horrified, I complained to the Manager "Julia" several times and was told she'd call me back - never happened. I went downstairs to take the dogs out and was met by "Louis" who told me "Julia" said I could upgrade and the pets could sleep on the patio for additional money - I'm already paying about $100. dollars a night to stay in this dump! Towels are frayed, toilet runs constantly, room is in bad need of renovation. I feel awful for my dogs - they already have stressful day tomorrow traveling. If I didn't get here so late and didn't have to leave so early - I would change hotels to a real "pet friendly" hotel. DON'T STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Don't stay here - ever!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Kaykeey
Queensland
Reviewed 17 April 2011

The hotel is old and not updated but we were happy with it. I think the air-con did not work but I had the fan working. It was winter so we were not hot. Hopefully they switch the air-con on during the summer. The hotel was quiet considering how close we were to the airport.
We stayed here because we arrived midnight so it was convenient for us. I also recommend staying here for your flight out as well because the highway to the airport from Guadalajara can get extremely busy during the day and it would only take one car accident and you could miss your flight.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 12 February 2011

This hotel was recommended by the agent at Aeromexico Connect when we missed our connecting flight to Puerto Vallarta. We were tired and frustrated and appreciated the convenience of a hotel at the airport within walking distance. That was our first mistake. We should have taken a taxi to a hotel brand we know...like Hilton.

The Casa Grande Hotel at the GDL Airport is a dark, dingy, dirty hotel. Our room was sparsely furnish with old, 1970's era furniture. Even with the very dim lighting, dirt was visible on the walls, carpet and tattered drapes. The air conditioner did not work, the windows did not open, and the room lacked basic amenities...like an elevator to our second floor room, an alarm clock or a working hair dryer (it was furnish, it just didn't work). But the worst part of the stay was the old, uncomfortably hard, and thin bed mattress with matching pillows. Why we didn't check out and explore other hotel options once we surveyed the room, I'll never know. We got the most restless night's sleep and both of us woke up more tired and sore than the night before.

I've traveled the world and have stayed at some pretty disappointing hotels. NEVER have I been inspired to write a review...until now. This hotel had a "rack rate" of about $180 per night. They gave us an "airline" rate of about $90. Even at half price, this hotel was no bargain. Stay away!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GaryInDallas
Also consider these accommodations in or near Guadalajara
City Express Guadalajara Aeropuerto
#21 of 128 in Guadalajara
Dali Plaza Hotel
Dali Plaza Hotel
#48 of 128 in Guadalajara

Been to Hotel Casa Grande? Share your experiences!